skyscript.co.uk
   

home articles forum events
glossary horary quiz consultations links more

Read this before using the forum
Register
FAQ
Search
View memberlist
View/edit your user profile
Log in to check your private messages
Log in
Recent additions:
Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Search found 155 matches
Skyscript.co.uk Forum Index
Author Message
  Topic: Football Predictions December 2009
aquirata

Replies: 155
Views: 26289

Forum: Sport and Speculation   Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:48 pm   Subject: Football Predictions December 2009
What I would be interested in finding out are the following:

- Why did my analysis show support for the underdogs yesterday when none of that was apparent in the matches?
- Can support for the win ...
  Topic: Football Predictions December 2009
aquirata

Replies: 155
Views: 26289

Forum: Sport and Speculation   Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:37 pm   Subject: Football Predictions December 2009
Bookmakers are organizations in business to make money. They employ professional odds compilers, and their resources vastly outweigh yours or mine. Odds are not just 'numbers made up', they are arrive ...
  Topic: Football Predictions December 2009
aquirata

Replies: 155
Views: 26289

Forum: Sport and Speculation   Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:13 pm   Subject: Football Predictions December 2009
For the record:

19:45
Sunderland - Aston Villa 0-2
Dundee Utd - Rangers 0-3

20:00
Birmingham - Blackburn 2-1
Bolton - West Ham 3-1
Manchester Utd - Wolverhampton 3-0

Which means that my ...
  Topic: Football Predictions December 2009
aquirata

Replies: 155
Views: 26289

Forum: Sport and Speculation   Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:38 pm   Subject: Football Predictions December 2009
Regarding laying the favourite, is this the same as the Double Chance bet? If so, the odds for Sunderland-Draw are currently around 1.50 which is not great value, although others may disagree. Sunde ...
  Topic: Football Predictions December 2009
aquirata

Replies: 155
Views: 26289

Forum: Sport and Speculation   Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:31 pm   Subject: Football Predictions December 2009
OK thanks. I have also observed that certain planets crossing house cusps and angles changing signs tend to coincide with goals. Never took the time to verify this rigorously though, so as you say it ...
  Topic: Football Predictions December 2009
aquirata

Replies: 155
Views: 26289

Forum: Sport and Speculation   Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:46 pm   Subject: Football Predictions December 2009
With respect to the Manchester Utd - Wolverhampton match, the favourite is expected to win by over two goals (supremacy is 2.14). In my interpretation, a ManU win by three goals or over plus the 2-0 s ...
  Topic: Football Predictions December 2009
aquirata

Replies: 155
Views: 26289

Forum: Sport and Speculation   Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:06 pm   Subject: Football Predictions December 2009
I almost went for the 0-0 half-time scoreline because I thought the Moon/Saturn indicated that we would have a long wait for a goal. This was supported by the fact that Mars and Jupiter wouldn't cros ...
  Topic: Football Predictions December 2009
aquirata

Replies: 155
Views: 26289

Forum: Sport and Speculation   Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:03 pm   Subject: Football Predictions December 2009
Bolton (F) - West Ham (U)
15 Dec 2009, 20:00 UT, Bolton, UK
Asc 13Leo42, MC 23Ari56, Sun 23Sag59, Moon 16Sag26

Favourite = Sun, Underdog = Saturn

Essential dignities: Sun=-5, Saturn=+6 (U)
Su ...
  Topic: Football Predictions December 2009
aquirata

Replies: 155
Views: 26289

Forum: Sport and Speculation   Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:08 am   Subject: Football Predictions December 2009
Sunderland (U) - Aston Villa (F)
15 Dec 2009, 19:45 UT, Sunderland, UK
Asc 12Leo45, MC 21Ari03, Sun 23Sag58, Moon 16Sag19

Favourite = Sun, Underdog = Saturn

Essential dignities: Sun=-5, Saturn ...
  Topic: Football Predictions December 2009
aquirata

Replies: 155
Views: 26289

Forum: Sport and Speculation   Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:35 am   Subject: Football Predictions December 2009
I agree with that and I'm not claiming victory. I simply showed that the approach, however limited (as it doesn't include a clear draw prediction), was successful.
  Topic: Football Predictions December 2009
aquirata

Replies: 155
Views: 26289

Forum: Sport and Speculation   Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:53 pm   Subject: Football Predictions December 2009
A draw result with a strong favourite naturally means that the skies supported the underdog. Perhaps not as much as my analysis showed but still enough for a minor upset. In sports where there is a dr ...
  Topic: Football Predictions December 2009
aquirata

Replies: 155
Views: 26289

Forum: Sport and Speculation   Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:45 pm   Subject: Football Predictions December 2009
No. The odds are just numbers made up by the bookies. It does not work that way. It's sports.
If this was true, it would be quite easy to make money betting. Reality is otherwise, however, which mean ...
  Topic: Football Predictions December 2009
aquirata

Replies: 155
Views: 26289

Forum: Sport and Speculation   Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:57 pm   Subject: Football Predictions December 2009
Based on the odds, the favourite is expected to win by a little over one goal (1.08). So a two-goal win and above will support a chart interpretation in favour of West Brom, and a one-goal win (by WB) ...
  Topic: Football Predictions December 2009
aquirata

Replies: 155
Views: 26289

Forum: Sport and Speculation   Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:45 pm   Subject: Football Predictions December 2009
OK, so what's your theory?
  Topic: Football Predictions December 2009
aquirata

Replies: 155
Views: 26289

Forum: Sport and Speculation   Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:19 pm   Subject: Football Predictions December 2009
I love it! Clear indications are given for both sides, let's see what happens. West Brom is given about 61% chance, QPR 16% (and the draw 23%, based on current odds).
 
Page 1 of 11 Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
All times are GMT
Jump to:  
. Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

       
Contact Deborah Houlding  | terms and conditions  
All rights on all text and images reserved. Reproduction by any means is not permitted without the express
agreement of Deborah Houlding or in the case of articles by guest astrologers, the copyright owner indictated