thankd deb and waybread,

waybread - on your link, this is what i get..
"To Read the Full Story, Subscribe or Sign In "

is there anything relevant or noteworthy being said in any of it?

If this is has been pointed out earlier, forgive me:

As an FYI or perhaps just to make trouble less than a month before the election, Stephen Birchfield and Susan Knight pointed out something of note about Donald Trump's chart.

Everyone casts the chart for 10:54 AM EDT. What they are really doing is casting it for 10:54:00. If Trump's birth time is accurately recorded but he was born 23 seconds to 59 seconds later, his ASC switches to Virgo. Which of course makes his ASC ruler Mercury, not the Sun. That's a big difference.

Primary directions wouldn't be altered much and neither would secondary progressions, but if Virgo rises, then Trump's solar return ASC in Leo is not a repetition of his natal ASC.

Personally I see Trump quite clearly as a Leo rising on Regulus with Mars hovering above the ASC. But Regulus would still be conjunct a 00 Virgo ASC and Mars would still be hovering. His MC would change insignificantly.

But before we dismiss the possibility I submit three famous Virgo rising people who made it big in the entertainment industry like Trump: Walt Disney. Dick Clark, and Hugh Hefner.

So just when you think we have at least one valid chart, some spoilsport like Birchfield comes along and makes us pause.
:brows

This is something I looked at a year ago. But if you use the actual co-ordinates of the hospital rather than the city, there is a much wider time span - a matter of minutes rather than seconds. Also, births tend to get recorded after the event, never before, so when a birth is timed quite precisely we can be fairly confident that it didn't happen several minutes later. So I'm sticking with Leo for Trump's asc, not least because his asc fits his physical appearance and observable temperament perfectly :)

So I'm sticking with Leo for Trump's asc, not least because his asc fits his physical appearance and observable temperament perfectly
I agree and for the same reasons. I know his BC was put online, but I don't recall the hospital. Jamaica, Queens, is a neighborhood, not a town, and it is only 2.7 sq miles. I'm a little surprised it could give more time.

A friend's wife, now retired was a nurse in several hospitals during her 40 year career and she spent a fair amount of time in the delivery room of a hospital in New Hampshire. The hospital must have been run by an astrologer. She told me the clocks in the delivery room were periodically checked for accuracy and one nurse had the job of looking at the clock and watching the events in order to get as accurate a time as possible for the BC. So if you see a BC from Portsmouth, NH, USA you know it's right I doubt many hospitals are this fastidious, though.

Deb wrote:But if you use the actual co-ordinates of the hospital rather than the city, there is a much wider time span - a matter of minutes rather than seconds.
I think that's a bit of an exaggeration.

The earth's circumference at the equator is 24,901 miles which is the number of miles for 360 degrees, which if you divide 24,901 / 360 = 69.169 miles per degree on the equator. A degree = approximately 4 minutes of sidereal time, so 1 minute of sidereal time would be equal to approx. 17.29 miles at the equator.

Since Trump was born at 40 N 41 latitude we can find the number of miles per minute by this formula determining the circumference of the small circle parallel to the equator:

Circumference = Cos(latitude) * 24,901
C = Cos(40.67) * 24901
C = 0.7585 * 24901
C = 18887.4 miles

The above gives the total number of miles of the small circle parallel to the equator of Trump's birth. Divide by 360 we have 52.465 miles per degree on that parallel of latitude. Since 4 minutes = 1 degree we can divide by 4 to see how many miles per minute of time at that latitude = 13.12.

In order for there to be a 2 minutes (time) difference, the distance of the hospital would have to be about 26 miles away from Jamaica town center at minimum. This of course assumes that you're measuring only in east/west direction. Even greater distances would be required if the vectors vary to the north or south.
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

You are right to correct me Curtis (and Tom). I wrote the post quickly, based on memory of checking this out about a year ago when another astrologer said that he actually had the 1st degree of Virgo rising - and now remember that wasn't the issue at all. What stuck in my memory is that at that time I checked the co-ordinates of the hospital (Jamaica Hospital, NY) which sets the chart for 40n42 and 73w49 rather than 40n41, 73w48 as Astrodatabank has it. The difference is there but its minimal, so that was a silly comment for me to make. At 10:54 am he has 29Leo57 rising and it does change signs within that minute. The only point I should have stressed is that birth times always err on being recorded later than the event rather than earlier, so this combined with the appropriateness of the symbolism makes me think that we can accept this chart as being fairly reliable and then just worry about what is going on with Hilliary's.
Sorry for putting you to the trouble of having to correct me and thank you for doing that.

Just as the eclipse on September 1, 2016, timed the death knell for Trump's candidacy in his natal chart* it marked the day the video from which there was no recovery hammered the chart I use for the Republican Party coinciding with the party's cessation of financial support for him and prefaced a massive public exodus of party members from among his supporters.

*[Trump's chart was directly aspected by the September 1st solar eclipse. His natal chart has the Neptune/Pluto midpoint at 160?09?. It was conjoined by the solar eclipse at 160?56? and squared by the midpoint of transiting Mars and Saturn at 250?34?. At the time of the eclipse Trump's progressed ASC pointed to 267?46', eclipse Saturn/Pluto at 267?27' was there.]

On that day (Oct 7) the secondary progressed chart (using Q2 Mean Quotidian angles) had the eclipse land on it's progressed ASC while other angles accessed the eclipse's Mars, Saturn, and Neptune. Better than a trifecta! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!:)

Interesting that Mars and Pluto were also conjunct at 15 Leo in Clinton's chart on Oct 26, 1947 which forms a 6th / 8th house relationship to each other.
The ancients can't guide us on this one, but in that chart, Pluto is besieged. Anyone with modern leanings want to help with that? This is true regardless of birth time. Birth time tells us where it happens.