Will I meet my husband this month?

Hi all,

A while ago, I was told by an astrologer that I could meet my future husband in October 2016. Since timing is hit-or-miss, I cast a horary chart with the question "Will I meet him in October?" to get additional confirmation. I am a beginner and would LOVE to have your esteemed opinions. What I see is this:

With Aquarius rising, I am Saturn and my potential husband is Sun. Sun is applying to a sextile with Saturn in just over 1 degree. Sun is in Saturn's exaltation sign and Saturn is in Sun's triplicity. This seems good, but the concerns are : Sun is in fall in Libra. Moon and Venus are in Via Combusta and South Node is in first house (along with Part of Fortune).

Since timing is built into the question, is the meeting likely to happen this month? If not, does it indicate when it might happen? The applying aspect is from a cardinal sign (Libra) and succedent house with around 1 degree to perfect- could this point to a little over 1 week?

An interesting thing I noticed is that his significator (Sun) is in the 8th house and natally I have 7th ruler (Jupiter) conjunct Sun in the 8th. I have been told that the meeting could be very random where he might even bump into me from behind in a public place (my significator is in 10th)! Moreover, I attend a lot of fundraisers for work and 8th is "other people's money". Do you feel that the Sun being in the 8th shows these significations of the 8th (hidden from view/sudden/unexpected/money)?

Any and all opinions are highly appreciated! Thank you!

Hi anseeg45:

I am very new to horary astrology but I'll give it a go. :)

In Christian Astrology, William Lilly has a chapter called Considerations Before Judgement which outlines what needs to be looked at before moving on to judge the chart.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/considerations.pdf

The first thing to notice is that the planetary hour ruler does not match the ruler of the ASC in any way. The planetary hour ruler is the Moon and the ASC is Saturn and they do not match by sign, triplicity or humour. Lilly would say that the chart was not radical or fit to be judged. (Page 121, Christian Astrology)

You can calculate the planetary hour ruler here:

http://www.astrology.com.tr/planetary-hours.asp

and look up "hour agreement" here:

http://skyscript.co.uk/hour_agreement.pdf

Now, whether other astrologers agree with the idea that it is not fit to be judged, I don't know, as I only use Lilly as a reference at this point.

The second thing to observe is that the Moon is in the Via Combusta, which I think Lilly says is "not safe to judge". I have read that not all astrologers agree with this, they say it just indicates that there is a high emotional involvement with the chart on the part of the querant and to take that into consideration.

If we go ahead and look at the chart this is what stands out to me: as you said, there is an applying sextile from the Sun to Saturn and Saturn receives the Sun by triplicity and the Sun receives Saturn by exaltation, triplicity and face; all of which would be a good thing normally.

However, Saturn is peregrine in the 10th (angular) and the Sun is in fall in Libra. In my opinion, Sun is further debilitated by the fact that Venus (the Sun's dispositor) is in detriment in Scorpio and in the Via Combusta (fear and hidden things) as well as the Sun being in the 8th house (fear and anguish of mind) and squaring Pluto in the 12th (more hidden things as well as significant change).

So the total of all these things says to me that: now is not a good time, either to ask the question and/or for the person signified by the Sun. Perhaps it's not a good time to ask the question because of the state of the quesited. I don't know; I'll leave that to someone more experienced.

Not what you wanted to hear, I'm sure, but I think it's good to try and trust that any answer we might get is the best thing for us at the time.

It's possible too, that the initial meeting itself will not have much significance to either you or him. We meet people all the time briefly and incidentally and have no idea at the time how they may end up playing a role in our future.

Cheers.

Hi moonbright,

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Yes, I did notice that the planetary hour ruler doesn't fulfill Lilly's requirements, but I decided to read the chart since I have read several contradictory claims about this. As for via Combusta, I was in a somewhat emotional state of mind when the question was asked.

While I don't wish to totally dismiss or explain away some of these negative factors, I would definitely like your opinion on a couple of the better indications. I also was concerned about the very damaged state of the sun and wondered if this could mean that things are somehow going badly for this person, but if we were to temporarily put that matter aside, what do you think about the fact that the quesited's significator is in the querent's exaltation sign? Is this at all significant or descriptive? I ask because I've read that it means the quesited might be quite keen in the matter. That combined with the fact that the 8th house could have potentially different implications for me, as I mentioned in my original post (sudden happenings/fundraisers etc), led me to believe that this may not necessarily be representing the 8th in a traditional sense of fear/sorrow etc but rather in the former meanings. What do you think?
I don't wish to cherry pick only the indications I want to see and ignore potentially obstructive/negative influences, but I also want to try and understand some of the descriptive elements of the chart, just to learn. Also, may I ask why you thought the meeting may not seem significant? Do you feel like the chart is saying this meeting won't happen in the enquired about time frame or that it will happen but not in a way that might be pleasant/expected?

Hi anseeg45:

I think that my original opinion of "now is not a good time" is still what I would say.

If you use the meaning of "other people's money/resources" for the 8th house, I think the situation of the quesited only gets worse (from your point of view) rather than better. My understanding of the placement of the significators is that it describes the individuals and their situation so the 8th house placement describes the quesited at the time of the question.

This may be an oversimplification but I'm still too new at this so I need to keep things simple while trying to read the chart.

As for quesited being keen, that is one interpretation of exaltation but I don't think you can ignore the debilitated state of the significator. ie: a serial killer can be keen on you but that doesn't make it a good thing. :???:

I was short on time when I said the meeting may not be significant so I wasn't very clear. I meant that if the astrologer you spoke to only said "you'll meet your husband in October 2016", then that's all that might happen - you might meet him. Not meet him and begin a relationship or meet him and have fireworks go off, etc.

Hope this is of some help to you.

moonbright

Re: Will I meet my husband this month?

Hi angeeg45,

I have just read your thread and I have found it quiet funny when I saw we have just had the same things. i.e. One of my friends did a cup reading for me by the end of sept. and told me that, I wld meet my future husband in november 😀 I erected a chart on the 30th.sept. Which I will be posting here soon and asked if I wld meet my future husband in November. Just like you I am the Auq. Woman and he is the Sun man in Libra in the 8th. House😀 If you'd like to post the chart here, I can have a look at it.
Breeze
Breeze

Hi all

A student of horary here, so I couldn't resist using this as an opportunity for practice! Here's my delineation. Note I wrote the below before reading the rest of the thread, so it's sort of a blind reading.

Cheers
Robert.

Significators

Aquarius rises ? your significator is Saturn. Secondary significator is the Moon. Venus shows you as a woman.

Leo descends on the 7th cusp ? potential husband is shown by the Sun. Secondary significator would also be the Sun; so this is nice and simple.

Saturn is in the 10th house in the 12th degree of Sagittarius ? peregrine. Received into the domicile of Jupiter, triplicity of the Sun, term of Venus, decan of the Moon, detriment of Mercury. He is angular, moving at an average speed. The Sun applies to a close sextile aspect. Saturn's antiscion is in the 19th degree of Capricorn. Saturn is in a partile trine with the cusp of the 7th and a partile sextile with the cusp of the 1st house.

The Moon is in the 9th house in the 1st degree of Scorpio. She is in her fall. Received into the domicile, triplicity, term and decan of Mars, and the detriment of Venus. She is in the via combusta, moving slowly, gaining in light (1st quarter). She is applying to a sextile aspect with Mars. Her antiscion is in the 30th degree of Aquarius.

Venus is in the 9th house, in the 12th degree of Scorpio. She is in her detriment. She is received into the domicile and triplicity of Mars, the term of Jupiter, the decan of Saturn and the fall of the Moon. She is moving swiftly. She is separating from a sextile aspect with Mars. Her next aspect will be a conjunction with the Moon. She is however in a close square aspect with the cusp of the 7th house.

The Sun is in the 8th house, in the 11th degree of Libra. He is in his fall. He is received into the domicile and term of Venus, the exaltation, triplicity and decan of Saturn, and the detriment of Mars. He is separating from conjunction with Jupiter and applying to a sextile aspect with Saturn.

Judgement

The Sun is in an applying sextile aspect to Saturn, which does not appear to be prohibited ? this is very encouraging as it forges a connection between Lord 1 and Lord 7.

But all the planets in this chart are quite weak, suggesting an inability to take action. This suggests that you may meet, but that nothing actually happens as a result. At least, not right now!

I do however note that the Sun is powerfully received by Saturn, being placed in Saturn's exaltation, triplicity and decan. The Sun is also strongly received by Venus, being placed in her domicile and term. This suggests this man will be very attracted to you on both a personality level (Saturn) and as a woman (Venus). And with Saturn in the triplicity of the Sun, you should feel a sort of comfortable familiarity towards him.

So a meeting is definitely possible, but the weakness of the significators suggests nothing much comes of it.

I am fascinated by the idea that your astrologer was right that you do in fact meet your future husband in October in a very literal sense, but that this meeting will just be a first encounter. Perhaps you bump into this man again at a later date and that's when a relationship starts?

I guess this depends on what your intention was when you asked the question: if you asked (A) "Will I meet my future husband in October?" then the chart seems to be saying "Yes but nothing happens right now." If you asked (B) "Will I meet and start a relationship with my future husband in October?" then the chart is saying no.

So the real question for me is, which did you mean? If (A), there is hope, if (B) then I am afraid your astrologer appears to have been mistaken.
"Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that will be established." Proverbs 19:21

Coming soon:
www.actualastrology.com