matthew,

do you have any chart data for macron? i am still not following this closely.. however i did ask a few friends who live in france about the date for the election rounds and they gave me this data

1st round: slew of candidates, Sunday 23 April. 2nd, between the two top contenders.. 7 May. The second round only takes place if the winner of the first round doesn?t have an absolute majority (ex. 51%.)

and in french - https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89l ... se_de_2017

Thanks James for that link - i can just about read French. I seem to remember that Emmanuel Macron is on ADB but right now I am looking at Le Pen and Fallon. The received wisdom is that even if Le Pen does well in the first round then the voters will all vote in the second round for anyone but her. Fallon has blown his poll lead right now and no longer seems like the credible contender. With only a cursory check at Macron's natal chart he does not look like a leader.
Not sure what will happen now but it looks like Le Pen versus whoever comes up against her. Am working on the astrology but it seems right now that she is no longer the no-chance option but the credible choice
Matthew
Matthew Goulding

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Macron,_Emmanuel

thanks matthew. above is macrons chart from adb. looking at his chart and solar return for this year, i doubt he gets too far.. maybe i am wrong.. i will have another look.. solar return ascendant is conjunction his saturn.. north node is also right here and conjunction natal saturn too.. someone with a lot of money and means is backing him i suppose? transit saturn is high up in his chart as well and saturn is close to conjunct his sun..

just looking at it more now.. i see transit jupiter conjunction pluto the modern ruler of his midheaven.. maybe he is more in the running then i thought..

Thanks James,
I am currently looking at this topic on FB Traditional Astrology Group and seem to have worked out how to post charts from Ipad using an app that works on there. Certainly my initial look at both the nativity of Macron and his return this year do not look promising despite the fact that the polls say he would do well against Le Pen if it was t?te ? t?te in the final ballot.
It is Mars in his chart that could be the clue in my reckoning as he would have to unite different factions to unify the vote but I will consider your ideas no doubt
Just heard Mme Le Pen on the radio. One must not express political opinion here but perhaps our Gallic neighbours may care to follow the example of their neighbours over the channel witn a female PM and north of the border both SNP and Conservative leader both in skirts. ;-)
Matthew Goulding

A piece by the English astrologer Barry Goddard on the French Presidential election. He predicts Marine Le Pen will win. He gives three factors he uses to assess the election outcome.
To make a prediction of this sort I look at 3 things: does the politician have popular appeal; does their chart make strong connections with the national chart; and do they have major transits empowering their charts in the coming years?
http://astrotabletalk.blogspot.co.uk/

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Thanks Mark for posting that link.

In addition to what Barry Goddard said :- the directed MC of the 1958 5th republic chart to 7th May conjoins Marine le Pen's radical Part of Fortune and Pars Hyleg.
Her Part of Fortune also conjoins the ascendant of the 1948 Fourth republic chart.

Also on the 7th May (which I'm sure she'll reach) the above mentioned parts will be in the 10th house of the Opening Poll chart I have cast.

The Moon on the day transits from 6 Libra to 12 Libra conjoining her ascendant but then it also transits Fillon's asc. and Macron's 10th house !!

I cannot see her doing badly at all in this election but would hesitate to make a prediction until I have studied the other two likely contenders in depth.

Mjacob wrote
north of the border both SNP and Conservative leader both in skirts.
Well, not very often, for Ruth Davidson (who I think is great, btw, wish we could swap her for TM)).
Graham

Mjacob wrote:
North of the border both SNP and Conservative leader both in skirts.
Graham F wrote:
Well, not very often, for Ruth Davidson (who I think is great, btw, wish we could swap her for TM)).
Graham
Actually the leaders of all three major parties in the Scottish Parliament are women. Nicola Sturgeon -SNP, Ruth Davidson -Conservative and Kezia Dugdale-Labour party. An interesting fit with the traditional astrological association of Scotland with the sign of Cancer.

Both Davison and Dugdale have come out as Lesbian and recently married their partners. Without any noteable public fuss I should say. The leader of the Scottish Green party-Patrick Harvey is also gay.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Sorry for missing the Labour leader in this context. I meant in skirts in a figurative rather than a literal sense for Ruth Davidson but yes attitudes have certainly changed.
It used to be difficult to be selected as a potential MP unless you had a wife and preferably children to remove all doubt

Back to France it looks like now Fillon has lost support the most likely outcome is that in the second ballot support will go to Macron as the anybody But Le Pen candidate but Vicki may be on to something so too soon to place bets
Matthew Goulding

Hello
I've been following this discussion with interest (I live in France). I noted how, in the Brexit referendum and the election of Trump, astrologers (at least on Skyscript) did better than the pollsters and the pundits, and I was wondering if this will be true this time too.

Despite his now being ahead in the polls, consensus amongst you seems to be that Macron's chart is not promising. Viewed form here, I think Macron is a media-generated flash in the pan. I really think Fillon is now out of the running, whatever he likes to think, he's burnt his boats with the arch-conservative, Catholic, moral values electorate that was his base.

So those predicting Marine Le Pen could just be right, astrologically as some have pointed out, her chances look better, and the situation on the ground is very unpredictable, current events can swing things fast. If you want a flutter, William Hill are currently offering 3.25/1 for le Pen, 2.25 for Macron.

Just recently, the veteran centrist Fran?ois Bayrou has come out saying that the situation is of "extreme gravity", and hinted that he may be planning to stand (as he did in 2012). I wonder if anyone more experienced than me would have time to look at his chart and see what you think, as against e.g 5th Republic, or polling day, or whatever works bet for you. I just have a hunch that, with the left and right candidates moving to the extremes, he could be the only guy who a majority would be prepared to vote for, to keep out Le Pen.

He was born on 25 May 1951 in Bord?res (43N12'16" / 0W13'12", not usually listed in the auto look-ups) at 16:00 (so that's probably rounded up or down a bit).

William Hills odds on him are currently 101/1...

Graham

hi graham,

thanks for commenting and offering up fancios bayrue's chart data.. even rounded off to 4pm, the chart shows a lot of promise here... you are quite good at delineating charts too - so why not offer your thoughts?

here is a simple read - profected lord of pisces - 6th house in the natal chart - is jupiter.. the solar return for 2016 emphasizes natal jupiter as the sr midheaven lands very close to his natal jupiter - going with the rounded off time of course.. for the date of the first round, jupiter in libra is also close to his ascendant degree.. very superficial, but his chances look promising.. would be nice to have a more exact birth time.

do all the folks running for political office in france have to have libra rising? it is funny seeing so many here..

i note in the news today something that has a familiar ring to it with these polls... wasn't it the case the polls predicted no brexit, and no trump? are they becoming contrary prediction tools now?

Macron to beat Le Pen in French election run-off vote - Opinionway poll

Independent centrist candidate Emmanuel Macron would beat far-right National Front leader Marine Le Pen in the runoff vote for the French presidential election, an Opinionway poll showed on Thursday, a result in line with other surveys. The latest Opinionway poll, which is being conducted daily in the run-up to the election, showed Le Pen would get the biggest score in the first round of voting on April 23. Le Pen would get 24 percent in this first round, compared to 21 percent for Macron and 20 percent for Francois Fillon, the candidate of The Republicans? right-wing party. Macron would go on to beat Le Pen in the May 7 runoff vote, with 65 percent to 35 percent for Le Pen, the poll showed. (Reuters)

James wrote
note in the news today something that has a familiar ring to it with these polls... wasn't it the case the polls predicted no brexit, and no trump? are they becoming contrary prediction tools now?
Macron to beat Le Pen in French election run-off vote - Opinionway poll
Yes, this is what I'm wondering too.
Graham