Trans-generational astrology

Have you noticed any astrological and/or transgenerational links with members of your families?

I see that sometimes there are astrological 'synchronicities' between people belonging to the same family line. For example, in mine and my sister's natal charts there are several. I'm born 8th february, 10h in the morning, she's born 4th february at 22h (natural birth in both cases) and because of this 12h difference, my Sun is in 10th house, hers is opposite - in 4th. Our Moons are both in the 6th house, but in opposing signs. Our ascendants are also opposite. So it looks like there is some meaningful connection and although we don't share almost any personal events, it's still interesting that there's such a link between siblings

Sometimes however, it seems that whole events, even dramatic ones, may be inherited between generations. For example, I had an appendectomy when I was 19 - the same age when my father had gotten the same surgery.

I'm now reading a book about transgenerational psychology - "The Ancestors Syndrome" by Ancelin Schutzenberger. Basically, the book talks about how there are family models which we unconsciously inherit and they influence our lives. And there are also things like the anniversary syndrome - an event which is repeated throughout generations on the same or nearby date or in the same manner, and has certain symbolism. And this repetition made me think about astrology - how could such events be displayed in the charts, and would they be somewhere in there at all..

I will quote an example from the book:
Following a conference I gave on "repetitive transgenerational links," a listener offered "to go have a drink together," because he wanted to talk to me about what my approach had reminded him of: dramatic life events reproduced generation after generation.

As a child, he experienced the trauma of his younger brother's death. He told me that his name was, say, John de Mortelac (in French, mort means "dead" and lac means "lake") and that as far back as he knew the family history - over a thousand years - at each generation, a three-year-old or younger child died in water - a lake, a swamp, a pond, etc. This repetitive danger worried him to such a degree that he resolved his problem by not getting married and not having children.

(...)

We should keep in mind that deaths of young children were common in the past, even among kings such as Louis XIV who lost some of his children young. Right up into the nineteenth century, nearly half of the infants born did not reach the age of one. But in this Mortelac family, the children who died were already walking, and they died in water in the thirteenth century, in the sixteenth century, in 1990 and at every generation in between.

As the author pointed out, the family name "Mortelac" itself speaks about a death in a lake, but why would a family name carry out such influence generation after generation... Maybe these repetitive trans-generational events had an astrological cause?

Anyway, have you noticed such meaningful links between yours and your siblings/parents/grandparents' horoscopes? Have you noticed some kind of events repetition?
Last edited by jazztaprazzta on Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes Jazztaprazzta I have. Thank you for this very interesting thread.

Some of my own examples as follows:-

When my father married my mother his Moon conjoined my South node. I wasn't even either born or conceived.

When I was born my mother's Mars moved to conjoin my pre natal lunation.

My Pars Hyleg conjoins my nephew's and my niece's lot of spirit - all at 1 Aquarius.

When my niece was born my MC directed to oppose her Asc.

My niece's Part of Fortune conjoins my natal Uranus exactly.

My husband was born on 22nd December, his brother was also born on 22nd December 4 years earlier. Their mother died on a 22nd December. My parents married on 22nd December. Due to subsequent traumatic and near fatal events in my own life I know that the theme of the winter solstice and the sacrificial king was being played out here.

The tragically sad example of the de Mortelac family you cite is also evidence of a malign influence governing our affairs here on earth, which is all too evident in such manifestations of synchronicity in astrology.

If we had access to accurate birth times for all our family members we would find their charts to be teeming with them.

Vicki wrote: My husband was born on 22nd December, his brother was also born on 22nd December 4 years earlier. Their mother died on a 22nd December. My parents married on 22nd December. Due to subsequent traumatic and near fatal events in my own life I know that the theme of the winter solstice and the sacrificial king was being played out here.
Wow that's such an interesting occurrence! Very much reminds me of the anniversary syndrome discussed in the book. Have you tried to look at the astro charts (either alone or in 'synastric' relation to your chart for example) for these 22nd December events and have you found any meaningful synchronicities? I assume all these events happening on 22nd December occurred in different years, so it must have been probably only the Sun that has had the exact same position in the zodiac.
Kwincunx wrote: Mortelac

Morte = death

lac = lake

Shocked
Yeah. The book has a lot of such curious and weird occurrences. I found this one particularly interesting.

Please excuse me for the long quote, but it's really interesting and worth to share:
I will begin with the case study of a patient I wrote about in my book about cancer patients, Vouloir guerir. Let me describe the case of this man whose name is, say, Charles, and who had cancer of the testicles. He was thirty-nine years old. He had a job. He was operated on and recovered. All was normal. Six months later, he relapsed, with metastases in the lungs. This happens. But Charles refused chemotherapy; he refused all treatment, his case worsened to the point where he could have died in a few months' time if the doctors did not intervene. They tried, but Charles continued to refuse treatment. We tried to review the situation with him: he was married, had a nine-year-old daughter, he loved his wife and his job, he came from a family with a long lineage settled in the French Alps; he was seriously ill.

(...)

We went back further on [Charle's] family tree: his grandfather died at the age of thirty-nine - when a camel kicked him in the testicles! This is a true story. And camel kicks are not inherited. This is why I chose this case as an illustration. So we can notice that he was preparing to die at the same age at which his grandfather died and that he was wounded in the same part of his body. We could say that "by chance" the cancer struck his testicles, the very same spot where his paternal grandfather had been mortally wounded. A coincidence? An invisible loyalty?

We continued the genealogy on his mother's side: his mother had also been orphaned at a young age. His mother's father - his maternal grandfather - died at the age of thirty-nine and a half, gassed during the First World War - that is, he was wounded in the lungs. We can observe - and we can observe it at length in many other cases among the three to four hundred genosociograms I have in my files - that when people get married, it is not by chance: they often marry someone with the same family constellation as their own family of origin, or with the same illnesses, the same given names, or the same childhood traumas. The two families of the couple appear to mirror each other.

Let us look closer at the personal history of Charles's parents. His mother was orphaned at a young age. His father was orphaned at a young age - at the age of nine. The two grandfathers died at the age of thirty-nine. The maternal grandfather was gassed during the war. It no longer seems so astonishing that Charles, with his lungs struck by cancer, refused chemotherapy, which, as we know, was apparently derived from mustard gas that the Germans used during the First World War.

Charles was afflicted in the same two parts of his body as his two grandfathers - the testicles and the lungs. You could almost say he was marking the death of his two grandfathers by an invisible and unconscious family loyalty because he was the same age as both and suffered in the two organs which were associated with his grandfa- thers' deaths. We could also add that his wife's name was Mary, like his sister and his grandmother, but this is a very common name, so it is not necessarily significant. If we go further into the family structure, we see that the paternal grandfather died at thirty-nine, with a nine-year-old child. And Charles was preparing to die at the age of thirty-nine with a nine-year-old child. The family structure was identical to that of his grandfather.

This case is typical of the hundreds of cases in which I have seen family repetition over three to ten generations, of accidents - car or other - serious illness or deaths at the same age, or even the same dates or related to the same body parts that are significant to the individual and his or her family. This is what I call the anniversary syndrome, taking up - not knowing it at the time - and developing the concept introduced by Josephine Hilgard, with ages, dates, critical periods, or "years of increased vulnerability."

An interesting quotation J - repetition of numbers is significant and something that occurs in astrology constantly if only we would look.

If we had better memories (we have lost the art of memory and losing it ever faster with the advent of the digital age) and remembered important dates in our lives and that of our own families we would see dozens of similarities.

I have made a point of remembering as many dates as I can in my own life (which has served me well with my astrology work) and have come across many repetitions.

My husband had his second hip operation on May 19th 2015. It was originally scheduled for May 20th but was brought forward. Several months after the event I happened to find his father's death certificate. His father died on a May 19th and since my husband is hopeless with dates (as are most people) he hadn't realised. I'm glad I didn't see the certificate beforehand !

I have found other examples in the family. Funerals taking place on the same date as the birthday of someone else in the family for instance. This particular example was of someone who was just about hated by the other person!
Many more I could mention.

The astrological correlation will be there but,as I say, we lack the very accurate birth times to see them.

The 22nd date btw is the constant theme of the winter solstice running through my family, as I have said and 29 Sag/ 1 Cap I keep seeing in the charts of those involved.

This is a very interesting topic to raise and if people had more data they would find examples everywhere in their families.

I am currently trying to rectify the charts of my sister and brother in law (on the hour times given as usual!) in accordance with this idea of repetition. My sister was so close to a late Sagittarius Pars Hyleg I can see it should be 29 Sag.

All fascinating for our limited consciousness but with a perfectly rational explanation ultimately.