Today the centrist Fran?ois Bayrou has announced that he is backing Macron, in exchange for some promises if elected, and will not be standing himself as had been mooted.
This should increase Macron's chances, by drawing in at least a few more centrist votes, and reducing the fragmentation between lots of candidates. I suppose it might frighten a few hesitant right-wingers into voting Fillon, but not many - Bayrou is not very frightening, and has a certain rural cachet that could reassure those hostile to the Parisian elite, high finance etc.
Graham

Choosing the winner of The Grand National this year looks challenging so here are the current odds from Coral:

Emmanuel Macron - Independent 8/13

Marine Le Pen - Front national 10/3

Fran?ois Fillon - Les Republicains 4/1

For those who still have faith in the polls the top two are neck and neck at 25% and Fillon at 18% assuming that Clouseau does not met le main a l'epaule
Matthew Goulding

I use the lord of the year, the opening of poll , and the natal charts for candidates.

Marine Le Pen doesn't win the first round but she will win the run-off election.

Event chart for the opening of the election in Paris is another fugly looking sky with a rising malefic and heavy 12th House activity.

A rising Mars rules the twelfth house. Mars is strong though stuck in Gemini; he is in mutual reception with Mercury by sign. The ascendant is very early in Gemini; no final result will be forthcoming tomorrow. (Damn, I'm good.) Mercury, our retrograde lord of the ascendant, has somewhat escaped the Sun by sign, and is just out of sight of Saturn as well. The Moon, in the eleventh house of the good spirit, moves toward a for now well dignified Venus, whom Saturn, her dispositor, gazes at disapprovingly from the eighth house.

Saturn rules the midheaven. Jupiter is comfortably numb in Libra, in mutual reception with the strong Venus, but in the cadent house of toil. He lazily applies towards opposition with Uranus. Fortuna (not shown) would also sit among the mess in the 12th House at 17 Aries, once more in the firm grasp of Mars.

I suspect that the chart portends well for Le Pen. Mars, after all, is rising. But the ultimate result is way too soon to call. The heart of the people is in the right place, and they are moving towards some kind of reconciliation, but the recent minor terrorist attack will have a significant impact that definitely moves in the wrong direction. As far as the economy is concerned, people believe in the power of blowing it up and starting over.
Le grand crier sans honte audacieux / Sera esleu gouverneur de l'armee.
La hardiesse de son contentieux / Le pont rompu, cit? de peur pasmee.

- Nostradamus, Centuries 3:81

I don't really understand French elections, but from the news reports it sounds as though exit polls, or maybe counting a small percentage of the votes, has indicated that both Emmanuel Macron and Marine Le Pen go forward to the second round of the election in May?

Here are their charts. Marine Le Pen's Mars sits right on Emmanuel Macron's Descendant.

The next round of the Election is on Sunday the 7th of May.

I think Mark's 1st verses 7th house method is the one to look at.

Polling opening ? 7am or 8am. Steve above thinks 8am but the French tends to start pretty early and finish equally early [boom boom].

I'll be interested to see how he chooses the Corners though.

The Fearful v The Brave ? Liberal Minded v Closed Minded ?

Gemini verses Sagittarius but with this dammed Mercury Mars Mutual Reception in play again.

H
Last edited by WooWoo on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rocko wrote:Polling opening ? 7am or 8am. Steve above thinks 8am but the French tends to start pretty early and finish equally early [boom boom].
Used the opening time stated in The Guardian newspaper. Secondhand, but a reasonably reliable source.

FWIW, the two winners are Macron and Le Pen. If Macron is the eirenic choice represented by Venus in the first chart, he will struggle in the May election, while Mars will have risen into 12 and remains strong b/c Mercury is still in Aries. Mars will be his own dispositor, since Aries is on the 12 cusp. And the Moon is applying trine to Mars, while separating in opposition from Venus. If the Moon represents the French people, she's swinging towards Mars.

Venus is in detriment in Aries, but is able to partly crawl out of her hole because she is in mutual reception with the Sun. Venus is the only planet with negative dignity here. The Moon is against her, and leaving her. Venus in Aries may act impulsively. If Macron is Venus, he may commit a serious gaffe.

The Sun wanders alone in Taurus in 12, square the Midheaven.

Saturn rules the Midheaven from the house of the Other, and drunkenly dances with Mercury and Uranus. And Mars is in the 12 as well. Russian monkeyshines?

Jupiter, lord of 11 where Venus is sitting, also looks towards Mars benignly. An airy grand trine is between Jupiter, Mars, and the Midheaven. This will make Mercury's phone go off, since Mercury and Venus are both in 11. And soon, the Moon will join Jupiter. The media may start looking at Le Pen as a contender rather than an unthinkable abomination, or Le Pen may be able to skillfully milk free publicity that will do her no harm in the eyes of people inclined to vote for her.

Macron/Venus, by contrast, is stuck in 11 with Mercury but has no contact with him. The press will find Le Pen intensely interesting even if horrifying, while pointing out flaws in Macron's campaign. Universal denunciation of Le Pen by the Enlightenment on topics that simply horrify them may backfire; if you're un de ce genre, you may not share their concerns, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend. The world loves a horse race. Mercury's tight conjunction with Uranus seems significant. At least in theory, people are looking for stronger stuff than what Macron is offering.

Fortuna (not shown) is in the 6th. It's the economy.....

If Le Pen is Mars and Macron is Venus, an upset may be in the works.
Le grand crier sans honte audacieux / Sera esleu gouverneur de l'armee.
La hardiesse de son contentieux / Le pont rompu, cit? de peur pasmee.

- Nostradamus, Centuries 3:81

I hope Emmanuel Macron will be elected president of French because he seems being able to bring peace to the French and Europe.

However, Mars is the ruler of the year of 2017 in Paris , which is Le Pen's Almuten of a Figure.

Le Pen's Mars is in antiscion with which is in first round 's chart. And in the run-off chart , Venus has a strong reception with the Sun by exaltation and sign signifying a woman will get the power.

Therefore , it is more likely she will win the election.
Last edited by Wei on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Opening Poll chart 23rd April 8.00 am the Moon's next Ptolemaic aspect was to Saturn at 27 Sag 33 which conjoins Macron's Sun/Venus conjunction within 2 degrees.

Opening Poll chart 7th May 8.00 am the Moon's next aspect is to Mars at 10 Gemini 51 which is within 3 degrees of Macron's Part of Fortune , if his birth time is accurate. This then suggests a win for Macron.
Le Pen has nothing in Gemini.

The media is billing this as the French kicking out the old guard but Macron as a Rothschild banker is very much the establishment candidate. To hear Juncker congratulating him tells you everything.

So when Rocko asked how we should treat the May 7th chart as a contest I would say the Asc. would represent the status quo i.e. Macron

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose !!

As Rocko questioned if the 8am time was right for an opening of poll chart I have done a bit digging and found a reliable link which clearly states when the opening and close of poll take place in French elections.

French elections always take place on a Sunday. Opening of poll is 8am. Close of poll is 6pm in rural areas but 8pm in the cities. So the times used here are correct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_France

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Vicki wrote:
So when Rocko asked how we should treat the May 7th chart as a contest I would say the Asc. would represent the status quo i.e. Macron
I agree. This follows the traditional maxims of Bonatti and Lilly that the ASC =status quo and the DESC=change. There is no doubt Le Pen represents a radical departure from the status quo!

But we have the two ballot system here. So the question arises whether the correct opening of poll chart for the contest is for April 23rd or May 7th? I tend to treat the second ballot as a fresh contest. Candidates who got the most votes in the first round often go on to lose in the second round. I therefore give the second ballot chart precedence.

I have only had the briefest of looks at the opening of poll chart on May 7th. After a quick peek I assign Macron to Mercury and Le Pen to Jupiter. Both planets look like they are in good houses ie 11th and 5th WSH. So I expect a tight result. However, the Moon applies to conjunct Jupiter and opposes Mercury (although that opposition is outside fixed or moeity orbs). That would seem to favour Le Pen. The Moon separates from an opposition to Venus (lord 12) (self undoing??) and applies to Jupiter (lord 7). From UK General election charts I find the candidate with a Moon Jupiter conjunction ,or trine generally wins as they can garner the public support necessary to win. Whatever you think of Le Pen's politics she has charisma.

On the other hand the Moon's next aspect following its separating opposition to Venus is a trine to Mars which is the dispositor of Mercury in Aries. hmmmmm

Macron seems to be the heavy favourite in the polls with them giving him 60-65% estimated support. Le Pen therefore has an awful lot of ground to make up before May 7th. Far more than Trump in the US election or the UK Brexit required. Still, Mercury is conjunct Uranus and we all know how reliable polls have been lately! There may be a factor like Brexit or Trump support where people are often reluctant to share their true views with the pollsters because such a choice is condemned in the media as politically reactionary. I do wonder what effect the last terrorist attack might have had on the French national psyche.

I definitely need to check out some more charts before I come down firmly on either side. I haven't even studied the natal charts yet. Or an important mundane chart for this election no astrologer has even discussed anywhere as far as I can see.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

An article by the Serbian astrologer Smiljana Gavrancic on the French Presidential election. This originally appeared in the March/April 2017 issue of the UK Astrological Journal. However, Smiljana she has updated her piece with additional analysis of Macron following his coming first in the 1st ballot. She still, sticks with her original analysis that Le Pen is the likely winner.

http://astrologsmiljanagavrancic.blogsp ... 17_24.html

Mark