Well, the website I use to get the games has changed the starting time. It was
8:45 PM and it now says 7:45 PM local.
That's Saturn in the 7th. for you.
You are right, the San Diego St.- UNLV game is at that same time.

Now I'm going to have to find another game.

Let's try the Minnesota Vikings at the Chicago Bears, Monday night.

Chicago is the 1st. Taurus and Venus. Minnesota is the 7th. Scorpio and Mars.

Venus is exalted through mutual reception with Mercury by sign.
Mars has no dignity.

The Moon in the 1st. is slightly favorable for the home team.

The Moon does give translation of light from Neptune to the Sun but this has little meaning for either side.

The mutual reception of Venus indicates Chicago will come from behind to win.

An interesting chart.

Venus is in its Fall while Mars has dignity by term.

Venus and Mars are in mutual reception (and has no overall effect?).

The peregrine Moon in the 1st is less than 1 degree from the cusp of the 2nd.

I would give the edge to Mars and Minnesota Vikings by its superior (although minor) dignity.

Maybe my table of dignities is wrong but is see 21 deg. of Virgo as the terms of Saturn. The terms of Mars starts at 24 Virgo.

Venus and Mercury are in mutual reception, not Mars and it's the best thing either side has going for it.

The peregrine Moon on the cusp of the 2nd., if you consider peregrine to be a particularly evil influence then I agree. I tend to consider peregrine planets simply powerless to do anything good or bad. This is one of those areas which really need more study.

Almost everything we know about chart reading comes from what other authors have passed down to us. Those authors got it from what they read. What we really need are thousands of charts meticulously analyzed to see what really works in different situations. I don't know of any source for that.

I am trying to build up a database of contest charts for that purpose and have arrived at some interesting conclusions that don't always agree with the common dogma but I'm only one person and I haven't been able to collect thousands of charts.

It's your understanding that the two planets must be making an aspect before they are considered in mutual reception?
I've never read anything like that, only that they must be in each other's signs.

Here is the definition given by Skyscripts own glossary.
Mutual reception is where two planets receive each other at the same time ie., Venus in Leo with the Sun in Taurus (both by sign) or Moon in Pisces and Jupiter in Taurus (Moon receives Jupiter by exaltation, Jupiter receives Moon by sign). This suggests the mutual satisfaction of both parties.
It would be nice if they made an aspect to facilitate an easy influence but it's not necessary to be considered mutual reception.

I'm not trying to get into an argument over this. There are lots of examples of rules which different people have learned different things and I'm perfectly willing to be understanding of other peoples point of views.

This is why I think there needs to be more hard research into these things.

For instance, the traditional rule for Void of Course Moon says the Moon must have passed its last major aspect in the sign. From my own studies, I am starting to lean towards allowing the minor aspects of semi-sextile and inconjunct before it's Void of Course. I've seen charts that work with the Moon making these aspects when it would have been Void. I haven't really decided completely on this yet.

Reception

- When a planet aspects the ruler of the sign it is in, or the ruler by exaltation, or by two of the minor dignities of term, triplicity, or face, the ruler of the dignity is said to be giving that planet a reception.
This is from the Glossary too.

It seems to say that an aspect is a prerequisite of reception, whether mutual or not.

Likewise I am not trying to get into an argument, but merely trying to clarify that we are interpreting matters along the same lines.

I like your approach and have started to build a database with the hope of arriving at some demonstrable conclusions myself.

Have you considered assigning the ASC to the favourite or form team rather than the home team?

Skyrack

New England Patriots at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 5th OCT 20:25 (6th OCT 00:25 UTC)

Venus and Mars are the Significators

Venus is in its own Triplicity (by day ruler) and in its own Face; but is in its Fall.

According to Lilly's Table to Examine the Strength & Debility of Each Planet, these dignities cancel each other out.

Mars is in its own Triplicity (if using the Three Rulership scheme).

Fortuna is "in" the 7th House (by cuspal proximity).

New England Patriots (Mars) won 14 - 19.

Louisville at North Carolina State took place 25 minutes earlier (local time and UTC) and with the same Testimonies.

The result was reversed 39 - 25.

Nipoleon did you pass over these games as being the same time or for want of clear testimonies?

In the past, I have tried using detriment, fall, and joy as indicators but could never get real consistent results.

I was wrong on the Minnesota- Chicago game, The Vikings won a mistake-filled game 20-17 with Chicago starting a rookie quarterback. There is an interesting connection between that and the Louisville- NCST and PAT-TBY games.

If you notice the charts of these games are very similar except the Lou-NCST, PAT-TBY games are 4 days earlier. In those games, Venus makes a square to Saturn. By the time the Min-Chi games happens, Venus has passed the square to Saturn and now only makes a semi-sextile to Jupiter and an inconjunct to Uranus. That means it is Void of Course and Venus being Chicago looses.

All the dignity in the world won't save a significator that is Void of Course.

I did notice the Lou-NCST game but didn't trust it being that it was so close to the time of the PAT- TBY game. I'd like at least an hour difference in game times. Of course, they split the difference.

There is one thing I have found over the years. If you must pick a game that's very close to the local time of another game, pick the game which has the location that is the furthest east. NCST won their game and North Carolina is farther east than Tampa Bay who lost. Sometimes it does work but I wouldn't bet money on it.

I know there are lots of different opinions about assigning team rulers. Some people like to use the 10th. for the favorite or the 1st. for the favorite. Personally, I've simply gotten the most consistent results using 1st. and 7th. for home and away. The confusing part is sometimes deciding who should really be the home team. Dallas likes to wear their away jerseys at home. I suggest staying away from Dallas at home, I've been screwed by Dallas at home too many times.

Remember, you can decide which games you want to pick. If you don't feel really comfortable with what you see in the chart don't make a prediction and don't bet money on any game which isn't clearly favorable to one side.