I will try Alabama at Clemson, one of the NCAA football semi-final games. The other game Oklahoma at Georgia is not radical.

Clemson is the 1st. Leo and the Sun. Alabama is the 7th. Aquarius and Saturn.

Saturn is exalted by sign in the 5th. The Sun is exalted by face in the 5th.
The exalted Moon gives a translation of light from Venus to the Sun.

Because of the translation of light, I'm going to side with the home team.

Clemson should win.

Buffalo at Jacksonville in the AFC wildcard game.

Jacksonville is the 1st. Taurus and Venus. Buffalo is the 7th. Scorpio and Mars.

This should be easy.
Venus is exalted by triplicity and terms in the 9th.
Mars is exalted by sign, triplicity, and face in its own house.

Exalted Mars in its own house is overwhelmingly favorable for the visitor.

Buffalo should win.

Jacksonville won 10-3
Let's try Atlanta at Philadelphia.

Philadelphia is the 1st. Cancer and the Moon. Atlanta is the 7th. Capricorn and Saturn.

Saturn is exalted in the 6th. the Moon is exalted by face in the 6th.
The Moon applies from Jupiter to Pluto but there is no shared dignity so there is no translation of light.

Mercury and the Sun co-rule the 7th. but Mercury is Void of Course and the Sun is exalted only by face.

The most important thing I can see here is Pluto on the cusp of the 7th.

Because of Pluto, I'm going to pick the home team.

Philadelphia should win.

Philadelphia won the previous game 15-10
Let's look at Minnesota at Philadelphia.

Philadelphia is the 1st. Leo and the Sun. Minnesota is the 7th. Aquarius and Saturn.

Both the Sun and Moon are peregrine in the 6th. and 8th. houses.
Saturn is exalted by sign and terms in the 5th. Neptune is exalted in the 7th.

The Moon gives a translation of light from Uranus to Mars.

I haven't had much success with charts when a significator is a peregrine lately. I'm beginning to believe that being peregrine is an advantage.

I'm going to call this Philadelphia will win.

Hi nipoleon

I have looked at games as favourites winning or not, rather than home versus away.

The two games that didn't go with your prediction were Clemson/Alabama and Buffalo/Jacksonville.

I don't seem to be able to find who the favourites were for these games. Can you assist?

It would help me to add some thoughts on peregrine planets. Thanks
C'est la vie, say astrologers, goes to show you never can tell.

Jacksonville was an 8 point favorite and Alabama was a 3.5 point favorite.
I use Covers.com for my sports stats. They are very good for the major American sports but not so good for European.
I don't know a site for really comprehensive coverage of all sports.

A few thoughts nipoleon, although I don’t use 1st and 7th rulers to determine sports results. Not sure if any of this will help, but some initial observations:

I throw out the comments as an alternative view to just considering if a planet is peregrine.

In both the Clemson/ALABAMA and Buffalo/JACKSONVILLE (favourites in capitals) neither chart is radical (Hour ruler/triplicity/humoural/lilly triplicity)
In one chart you favoured the strength of the 1st, 7th rulers and in the other chart the translation of the Moon over the strength of the ruler of the 7th.

It has been noted on old posts that Part of Fortune with the South Node favours the descendant team (ALABAMA). This doesn’t happen very often.

Charts not being radical can just suggest things go according to what you would expect. In the Clemson chart the Moon is strong and translates between peregrine planets that can’t influence events, reinforcing that things should go as expected, that is the favourite wins.

In the Jacksonville chart the visitor was favoured with the 7th ruler in the 7th. An alternative is that the chart is not radical, so may suggest events turn out as expected. (It’s easier to say this when the draw in a game is not realistic). Moon separates from Saturn (in its own sign) from Saturn’s sign of exaltation again suggesting events should go as expected, that is the favourite wins.
C'est la vie, say astrologers, goes to show you never can tell.

The only judgment I really use for a radical chart is the Moon should not be Void of Course, or in the Via Combusta, all the way through Scorpio and the ASC should not be below 3 deg. or more than 27 deg.

The whole object of this is to gain real practical knowledge of what really works in reading charts. All we really have from the literature is passed down knowledge from one person to another. But, do those things which should make sense from the traditional point of view really work? What's really important? Only by analyzing many many charts over time can we find out.

Sports is the perfect laboratory for this. The event has a given time in the future and the results are indisputable. There can be no fudging about how the event turned out. There are also hundreds of them every year. This research can be invaluable to our analysis of all other questions.

With computers, we can analyze thousands of more charts than the old astrologers could in their lifetimes by hand.

Now, at last, we have the Superbowl, played in Minneapolis.

New England is the designated home team and is Leo and the Sun. Philadelphia is the away team and is Aquarius and Saturn.

Both the Sun and Moon are peregrine. The Moon does give translation of light from Neptune to the Sun.

Saturn is exalted by sign in the 5th. Venus co-rules the 7th. but is also peregrine.

I am uncomfortable with the Moon at 14 deg. of Libra. It's not Via Combusta but it's close and will probably move into it by the end of the game. This tells me that there will be a surprise ending to this game. Something unexpected and controversial will happen which affects the outcome.

Normally, I would go with the visitor and Saturn being exalted but with my recent history concerning peregrine significators, I'm going to pick New England.

SUPERBOWL 2018

Hi Nipoloean

I do try to use Frawley's methods. He does not use essential or accidental dignity or receptions. (so moon in fall of sun etc doesn't count). For this length of match he allows 5-6 degrees for moon. He does not reverse POF for night charts.

I agree with assigning AC to Patriots because:
1. They are favourite
2. They are wearing white with purple - light colour + royal colour = sun
3. Patriots are underdog, get 7th
4. They wear dark green = satrun ( darker colour)

Favourite Patriots - get L1 and L10
Underdog Eagles - get L7 and L4

Testimony for Patriots
1. Sun applying to DC within 2 degrees controls the opposition. (2 degrees inside DC would mean them controlled by underdog) STRONG
2. Moon applies to sun by trine STRONG

Testimony for Eagles
1. Sun on SN (within 2 degrees) - bad for Patriots STRONG
2. L10 inside cusp of 4th by antiscion WEAK/SECONDARY
3. Moon to oppose POF @16:20 aries. Final Aspect. STRONG

I'm not 100% sure - but that final aspect of moon to oppose POF might be the kicker... Sun On DC but also on SN is very contradictory. Looking forward to the result!