Collection of light and evasion

Hi all ..

I got two questions

1. Has anyone had any luck with evasions?
For instance, Sun 27 sag and Saturn 29 sag.
It is a conjunction no doubt but the perfection happened at 0 cap
Some horariists saying that it is still a perfection after a chance.
W.Lilly sees this evasion since the slower jumps a sign before the perfection occurs.

I had one or two horaries that had that and nothing happened. Well there were other things going on that prevented it from happening.

2. Collection of light
Is this collection of light or prohibition?
significator L1 Mercury 10 sag (I am making this up)
significator L2 Jupiter at 25 sag
Saturn is 22 sag.

Jupiter already passed Saturn
does Saturn still collect the light for Mercury and Jupiter despite the fact that Jup already left Saturn?
W.Lilly uses an example when both approaching the slowest planet.

thanks
CD

If Sun and Saturn are significators and are applying conjunction in a different sign, then that is considered as a conjunction. The querent and quesited will meet(conjunct) in a different situation soon. It isn't a negative.

From my understanding, for collection of light, both the planets should be applying to the planet that is collecting. So from your example, Saturn is not collecting light.

Hi

Thanks for your reply

so if you look http://www.skyscript.co.uk/tobyn2.html
"Evasion occurs when two significators are in applying aspect, but before their aspect can be perfected, the receiving significator changes signs, thus evading the perfection and denying the desired outcome.
Venus 22 Cancer Jupiter 29 Taurus
Before Venus can perfect the sextile with Jupiter, Jupiter evades her by changing sign."

COL - I agree

CD

In your post you didn't say that there is a third planet applying to Saturn before Sun does, that's why I said that it isn't a negative.

If a third planet applies to Saturn before Sun does, then it is evasion.

You haven't understood that article correctly. Here's a a quote from the article you are talking about.
Abu Mash'ar stipulates that the significator changing signs must then aspect a third planet, before the applying significator also changes sign and catches up with it
In the example in the article Saturn interferes with the Venus Jupiter conjunction.
Al-Biruni teaches the same, but emphasizes that the next aspect of the applying significator, as Venus above, will be to Saturn (from Leo) and not to Jupiter.

The problems discussed are interesting but it should be clear that the authors quoted are partly protagonists of dissenting opinions only.

The text is clear - and well understood by CD - as to the traditional mainstream:
Evasion occurs when two significators are in applying aspect, but before their aspect can be perfected, the receiving significator changes signs, thus evading the perfection and denying the desired outcome.
A collection of light occurs when two significators apply in turn to one planet, which is a superior, more slowly moving planet than either of the significators.
And as ever, and said above: some authorities dissent in some special points, but the foundation is, and remains, clear enough and should not be diluted.

The problems discussed are interesting but it should be clear that the authors quoted are partly protagonists of dissenting opinions only.

The text is clear enough - and well understood by CD - as to the traditional mainstream:
Evasion occurs when two significators are in applying aspect, but before their aspect can be perfected, the receiving significator changes signs, thus evading the perfection and denying the desired outcome.
A collection of light occurs when two significators apply in turn to one planet, which is a superior, more slowly moving planet than either of the significators.
And as ever, and said above: some authorities dissent in some special points, but the foundation is, and remains, clear enough and should not be diluted.

Jupiterrising wrote:In your post you didn't say that there is a third planet applying to Saturn before Sun does, that's why I said that it isn't a negative.

If a third planet applies to Saturn before Sun does, then it is evasion.

You haven't understood that article correctly. Here's a a quote from the article you are talking about.
Abu Mash'ar stipulates that the significator changing signs must then aspect a third planet, before the applying significator also changes sign and catches up with it
In the example in the article Saturn interferes with the Venus Jupiter conjunction.
Al-Biruni teaches the same, but emphasizes that the next aspect of the applying significator, as Venus above, will be to Saturn (from Leo) and not to Jupiter.

I wasnt even talking about 3rd planet in evasion
Nothing is slower than Saturn
My issue with sun and saturn is a few known horary astrologers who i respect see sun saturn meetimg in cap as a change of circumstance and improvement since saturn is going into cap.. so sun will be interested in saturn and saturn will welcome sun
If we were to look at lilly and evasion, its a straight no due to evasion

Al-Bruini --- correct me if I am wrong
Merc 24 Aries
venus 29 Aries
Saturn 0 Taurus
that is clear evasion because venus meets saturn and Merc is does not have time to catch up with Venus

W. Lilly
does even mention Bruini's evasion but he goes on to say
Merc and Venus meet in Taurus - mercury loses

So my question is ..does anyone have a chart where W.Lilly's evasion worked in case of planet reception has gotten worse or planets's condition had gotten better?

Thanks
CD