Before we hear Rocko's answer, here are my 2 cents. As an example I'll take the gain after the short-term correction (which is probably happening right now).

Let's say you have 100 shares of $10 stocks and they fell 10% due to correction, so you are now at $ 900 worth of shares. Since run-of-the-mill correction takes another 4 months to recover, you will be at the starting position in 4 months. To complete one year you are left with 8 months.
If the subsequent monthly growth rate is 1%, you will end up with 8,3% growth on $900 = $975.
So, after a year, your $1000 will be $975.
But, if you close the position before the correction, and use the same $1000 to buy again those shares which are now $9, you own 111 shares.
So, after a year 111*9,75 = $1082.
The difference between these two scenarios is 1,07%. If we are talking about $1k it is $107, for $10K, it would be $1070 gain.

On the other hand, it could be just plain simple fun of trying to beat the system...

Perhaps the 6 month reactivation of the 21st Aug 2017 Solar Eclipse Point in action.

The Eclipse was full of energy so no surprise to see energy where you wouldn't expect it, ie around the New Moon.

H

Well I definitely missed this, that is the Sun's reactivation of the very Full Solar Eclipse Point from the 21st Aug.

And it isn't even exact till tomorrow evening. But as it is the weekend then that energy gets lost in the Wine Bars.

I think next week does look dangerous to the Downside because ?

1/ This week has been unexpectedly +VE. But I believe it is a very temporary energy. Gone by next week.

2/ And while those who have been Long all congratulate themselves on a successful week and look forward to more Mercury is burning up in the Sun. Exact tomorrow morning UKT.

If that happened during the week that be a -2% to -3% Sell Off.

3/ Both the Sun and Mercury move into Pisces. Mercury is then Setting and in detriment. Another -2% or -3% Sell Off.

I just think The Stars point to things turning Bearish next week.

4/ What could confound that. Well I'll say up front very little. Jupiter is trying to catch Uranus in trine but next week ONLY adds 0°05' before Uranus escapes. About 2°45' so that has pulling power but near its max. Pluto and Neptune are now applying but also hardly.

Together they are the Rope Bridge till the 5th March but I wouldn't want to be crossing that now.

H

Although the time till the 5th March could be filled with an Earthquake or something terrible as Pluto crosses 20°34' Capricorn either Pluto's South Node or the Fed's North Node, or both it is what happens from the 5th of March that should excite us. Till I'd say the week of the 23rd April when the Sun enters Taurus and Uranus is closing in on Taurus too.

Jupiter ?

Now I don't know everything, and even if I did know how everything I don't know everything plays out.

And btw why I post these thoughts here is sort of a monologic brain storming or walk thru process to clarify my own thinking.

Also to keep Wasp-ie happy.

I warned that those who read Jupiter's journey thru Scorpio would do very very well. I'm glad to say that I sold out of MJ and Blkchn on the Monday that Jupiter completed the sextile to Pluto. Trend or Momentum Stocks then began to fall back.

Now the Rub ?

In the week of the 5th March Jupiter begins to slow to its SR position. Pluto gains and the sextile is reignited. But it is a different sextile now.

People need to be aware that Jupiter translating Light back from Pluto to applying Neptune maybe be different or -VE.

We know Trump is talking up a big Infrastructure investment. Those companies he's bought with Tax Cuts are going to return the favour. Well I've heard people say that won't happen and so you might have the reverse of Jupiter which is reckless mindless expansion.

I don't know, but later in the year Jupiter runs back across Neptune and Pluto direct.

BIG CALLS.

Think ?

All the planets have two sides. Good and Bad. Jupiter is mindless expansion. Trumpy has cut taxes and those who win from that begin to "see" the money in early March I understand.

But many say that the Tax Cuts are the worst sort of deal. Money given away that hasn't been generated yet. Slushing around ?

Now Trump believes it will generate more growth and once Jupiter turns direct again in July then things may come together.

The ONLY problem is that Uranus is then in Taurus. Pieces have begun to fly off the Banking System.

But ?

Saturn is then applying to Uranus in trine again to a late Aug exact moment.

It is clear that Trumpy comes close to pulling off his Vision. Till the mid terms that is, if he isn't incapacitated by the transit of the Node late April.

H

Right so the SP 500 closing right on the Resistance / Support of 2,736. Just below in fact.

Jupiter Uranus very close to maximum application - 0°02' to go next week.

Jupiter Pluto still separating - 0°10' still to go.

Jupiter slowing to SR too. This is often the end of a +VE Wave in itself, but Jupiter then bumps back into Pluto.

THERE IS A BIT OF A QUESTION AS TO WHAT THAT BRINGS ? Somebody can educate me. Basically Money is now being thrown at the problem thru Trump's Tax cuts and in Germany thru Left leaning policies.

Jupiter Pluto has to be a MASSIVE Capitalist play but that doesn't mean it will be healthy.

For The Markets ? I think they shoot up, but listen to the 'Tube below the guest explains well how to play it.

Mercury gets a bit of a "kicking" over the Weekend into next week and that is often a Bearish Signal. And till late March remains thus.

The Sun out of "cut throat" Aquarius into "dreamy" Pisces too. Note Mercury goes into detriment and add these two together I think the Market Makers now begin to loose focus.

Supposedly they begin to ditch their stock ??

Fascinating about the SP 500 closing exactly on 2,736. Will it act as a Resistance or a Support ?

I'll be watching for what The Chart Guys say on their 'Tube channel.

I'd expect another Sell Off next week. And the week after.

And Pluto is crossing 20°34' Capricorn.

H

PS Useful long term view from a Professional Investor and fits well with my Astro Driven View

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee9t4ofbv2I

ONLY DERIVED FROM THE STARS

Something that frustrates me is that I can't explain the key points for the next 12 months. It is convoluted.

Well ? As simply as I can (for my own clarification )....

1/ It could ONLY happen for Trump. We have two very unique +VE Astrological Energies till Oct 2018. [against a generally wobbly backdrop]

a/ We had an Eclipse in August and it has laid down loads of +VE potential energy that bursts into life every now and then. Last week was such.

It gets increasingly eccentric so expect Trumpy to get Woo-ier and Woo-ier in his ideas. Pipe dream Central.

b/ The relationship between Pluto and Neptune is one of the less talked about Cycles. MASSIVELY STRONG. And getting On and Off stronger till the 2030s. Don't expect the EU to disappear anytime soon.

AND !!!!!! Since late last year, (Nov ?) Jupiter, the Ultimate lubrication machine, has been running back and forwards between the two. Talk about Luck ?? Or Desperation ?

THE ODDS ARE ON THAT COME THE WEEK OF THE 5TH OF MARCH WE BEGIN TO MOTOR DOWN THE RUN WAY AGAIN.

There is a question about this, so a wise Speculator might wait a few days to see what March brings, but really the whole idea about large amounts of money generating loads of Mining and Energy requirements is written ALL OVER The Skies till Oct this year.

And then all this Mining and Energy production generates loads of more Money into the System.

BIG BIG BIG Astro energy till Oct.

3/ But I've often talked about My Two Theme Theory. The above is all +VE. But really somebody needs to be watching Wealth Storage VERY CAREFULLY. In reality are people now looking to park their Wealth ? Was that Sell Off the trigger ?

If there are Indicators about people beginning to search for Safety then they should be watched.

a/ Next week till early April we do hit a Technical Downdraft towards the BEARISH. Mood change from nowhere. [there are multiple Cycles]

b/ Although The Powers that Be are trying to land us gently there will be some sort of Banking STRESS in late April.

ALTHOUGH THIS MAY NOT BITE TILL 2019 THIS NEEDS TO BE WATCHED.

Could the whole Interest Rate thing come off well. Certainly The Stars are giving it their best support as long as we get to March without a Big Earthquake in California or Japan.

We had one in the UK yesterday. I believe I felt it. Or sensed it. A Prime-ordeal Scream ?

Omens ! Omens !

Woo ! Woo !

H

PS Still struggling to fit MJ and the Dollar into my Analysis ... Man ...

PPS Heh ! The 'Tube ? NOT Sure how they generate their lists but here is another useful 'Tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbjTmSZ996c

OK so we are waiting for the US Markets tomorrow 20th Feb. The Futures have dropped the SP down below the 2,736 Support level. HELPFUL.

I doubt too much will happen to the Downside NOR Upside now till the week of the 5th March.

Maybe next week more to the Downside as Jupiter lets go of Uranus.

Then BIG CALL as Jupiter is SR-ing.

Diversification probably is the story.

Probably by the Merkel will be installed and Trump will have dealt his Immigration.

But the Banking Sector will be under threat from Uranus and I think Technology too.

HARD CALLS.

Let's see.

H

"In a note on Monday, BlackRock's global chief investment strategist Richard Turnill pointed to tax cuts in the United States and government spending plans as driving earnings growth and said the ratio of earnings upgrades to downgrades for U.S. large-capitalization companies was at its highest since records began in 1988."

""We believe the coming positive effects of new U.S. tax and spending plans are still underappreciated by markets," BlackRock's Turnill said in the note."

Really it is a bit of a Nightmare now till the week of the 5th March. And even then it is a BIG CALL to say how the Pluto sextile on SR Jupiter will pay out.

Normally r.Jupiter knocks the Wind out of the Markets after few days, but Pluto Jupiter in +VE relationship is a bigger one.

The following is very important as people believe that if the Malls in the USA begin to fail then they could take everything with them.

NEW YORK, Feb 20 (Reuters) – "Walmart , the world's biggest brick-and-mortar retailer, reported a lower-than-expected profit and posted a sharp drop in online sales growth during the holiday period. Its shares slumped 10.2 percent, and suffered their biggest percentage fall since January 1988. ...

In contrast, shares of online retailer Amazon climbed 1.4 percent.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 254.63 points, or 1.01 percent, to 24,964.75, the S&P 500 lost 15.96 points, or 0.58 percent, to 2,716.26 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 5.16 points, or 0.07 percent, to 7,234.31."

However, while I was trying to sort out what is driving MJ this week I noticed that Venus will translate from Neptune to Pluto and on to Jupiter. Mercury will follow and then the Sun.

For me Neptune, Pluto and Jupiter are all what it is about on the Upside till Oct. So we can assume that the Engines are getting warmed up.

On the downside Mercury and Venus are Setting, and Uranus is moving towards Taurus.

Chiron is crossing 27°Pisces and you wonder if Chiron is all over the MJ craze?

Chiron, The Healer, leaving the Woo Woo Sign and moving into the Do Do Sign.

That is about where MJ is heading ? N'est pas ?

H

So on we plod.

Jupiter nearly as near to Uranus in trine as he'll get. Continues till late late Friday 23rd Feb. A reasonably strong +VE energy.

Pluto NOT yet catching Jupiter in sextile. It looks like the Turning Point is from the 1st March at 12pm UKT till into the week of the 12th March.

Eyes should be peeled but probably ONLY around the 9th - 15th March. Expect things to move and probably Upwards.

On the Downside Mercury is in detriment, and along with Venus Setting. Further, soon Mercury and Venus change positions in relation to Setting.

I think these are ALL Bearish indicators. Mercury till around the beginning of April.

Uranus moves towards Taurus. Pay attention to Banking and Wealth Storage. THIS IS A MASSIVE change. Yes Saturn's trine in late May will soften it but expect REALLY BIG CHANGES. Probably +VE once Saturn is applying say in June.

Maybe Blockchain will get accepted. That could well be it.

Chiron moves towards Aries. Eyes peeled. I think a +VE. Maybe People who
"know" will start to pop up.

H

Ok really we are looking at next week now. For a minute I thought I saw a clear Downside but Venus and Mercury form trines with Jupiter all thru the week.

I think that'll be enough to prevent any Heavy Sell Off.

Which then moves us into the week of the 5th March. Early that Monday Venus and Mercury conjunct. This can be a -VE.

We then wait to see what SR Jupiter sextiling Pluto brings as we move into the week of the 12th March.

I'd imagine +VE but a Hard one to Call clearly. Can't get my head around it yet and I don't think I will.

I'm beginning to think that Uranus's transit into Taurus may NOT be the total shock I expected. This because Saturn will be on hand thru the Spring and summer till late August to make this a powerful stabilising force for good.

They begin to apply around the beginning of the week of the 19th March all be it far out of Orb.

Add in Chiron's Stormtroopers arriving in Aries in April and we could have ourselves a Convoy as March rolls into April ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WNKIg0 ... WNKIg00VSQ

Ok so repeating myself a little here but when things become more concise usually that is a good thing.

I think it is a case of waiting till the period 5th March to 17th March. That'll be the next significant Turning Point. Get go on the 12th March ?

Risk Takers before that ?

I'm less concerned about Uranus entering Taurus in April>May but there will be shock waves. Saturn will smooth them as they appear.

Probably things look rosy till late Sept.

As long as we don't get an Earthquake next week I think we could have a very good Rally again.

Oct will bring Disaster.

2019 will bring Disaster.

H