I don't remember reading this before. Prohibition can occur with any planet but I have noticed many jump the gun and assume prohibition without analyzing the chart properly. Sometimes there are complex things going on, like collection or translation of light but some novices don't see it. Generally, benefics are friendly and aid, but that is not always true. I know there was a recent chart up where I mentioned Venus being a third planet in a chart but it wasn't prohibiting, it was collecting light of the Moon and Mercury and perfecting the matter.

Would you mind posting the chart? I ask this because people often ask questions like this and then when the chart is shown, the aspect is not occuring the way it is described. That might not be true, but it doesn't hurt to have a second eye look at it. You don't have to share details of the question but just mentioning the significators - that way we could work out whether prohibition is truly happening. I think in some cases, if prohibition would exist with a benefic, it might even be to the querent's benefit and have meaning in that way. For example, maybe the thing asked about is a debilitated Mars but Venus prohibits the aspect and represents something better or something stopping them and then they realize what an awful thing Mars was. The benefic would be in some way descriptive. However, say a 12th house Venus got in the way of things - this could still be a hidden enemy but maybe a young woman and maybe not a very affective enemy (maybe an enemy who does not harm you in ways that compare to, say Saturn).

Hi Tanit3333,

Thank you so much for the detailed answer.

The chart is not mine, but I got permission to post it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vJDYzI ... sp=sharing.

The querent asked: "Will I get the job?" (I'm not familiar with the case, so I can't provide any detail regarding the context of the question.)

The querent got the job.

Is it possible that the positive outcome is due to the Moon L1 squaring the MC only? The querent was hired exactly four days after the chart, which fits the orb Moon-MC.

Or didn't Jupiter prohibit the aspect between the Moon and Mars (although Jupiter is in L1's fall)?
Last edited by Ana Diana on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The question is asked in the past tense and the ascendant is late, suggesting the outcome was already decided, so looking at future aspects may not be key for the answer, although they may describe future interactions.

I wouldn't call Jupiter prohibiting here, since the Moon is not within orb of Mars (it is almost half a sign away from it at 14 degree orb). Jupiter does seem to have the final word, though, and I certainly prefer Jupiter has the final say above other planets in most charts. I don't see a ton of strong signification either, since Venus and Sun would have severed the light of Mars conjunct Jupiter a bit, but it is possible that Jupiter is collecting light, since all of these aspects (Mars, Venus, Sun to Jupiter and now Moon to Jupiter) are within orb of influence and they are all job related types of signification coming from the 6th/7th and dealing with the Lord of the 10th. As with a lot of job horaries, since they can involve many people, there are other planets getting in the mix and complicating the chart. The only thing textbook I see is Moon is in the exaltation of Mars, and Sun sextile Jupiter in a career chart is often favorable, as would be the Moon applying to a benefic. This is a lot lke the other work horary I recently commented on. Everything is below the earth, which is usually not very favorable, especially in a career question, and the Moon is decreasing in light and ill dignified. The focus on the 6th house may be describing the job but it does often show up in career charts in general, even though the 10th is generally considered the career house. Sun and Venus on the 7th may also be describing helpful people involved in the interview or application process. Like the other chart I commented on, Venus rules the 11th. Sun also rules the 2nd, suggesting this person has helpful allies and the Sun often represents powerful allies. I have natal 2nd ruler Sun in the 11th and I have had a lot of help in my career from people much higher up than myself. A 2nd/11th connection with the Sun can indicate that.

In this case I would want benefics beholding Mars because it would take off some of the negative influences of it. Both benefics here, along with the Sun, seem to make Mars much more positive.

It could also be that the chart is communicating other things, such as Moon in Capricorn may suggest the job will be a lot of long hours and could interfere with their life. The reason the Sun and Moon are ill dignified in signs of Saturn is because they represent life force whereas Saturn takes away life or adds restriction, so to me Moon in Capricorn in a job horary could figuratively or literally show a job sucking the life out of a person. Planets below the earth and a heavy 6th house may make the querent feel like a slave and that they don't get a lot of recognition for their hard work. Although the chart has some favorable influences, some of the signification would make me worry about the job being right for me. If it is a 6th house field, such as medicine or a sector that helps others in some way, perhaps this would be expected. If this was a job where the querent wanted to improve their resume, get noticed, make big promotions, etc., they could be unhappy. They are likely to not feel very appreciated and maybe deal with stressful or crisis types of situations. I often think of that with Moon and Saturn heavy in the 6th.

Wow, thank you so much for your careful analysis!

The collection of light makes perfectly sense.
It could also be that the chart is communicating other things, such as Moon in Capricorn may suggest the job will be a lot of long hours and could interfere with their life. The reason the Sun and Moon are ill dignified in signs of Saturn is because they represent life force whereas Saturn takes away life or adds restriction, so to me Moon in Capricorn in a job horary could figuratively or literally show a job sucking the life out of a person. Planets below the earth and a heavy 6th house may make the querent feel like a slave and that they don't get a lot of recognition for their hard work.
I don't know in which field the querent works, but he's working a lot and the salary is not so good, which fits your conclusions.

Again, thank you for your enlightening answer. Much appreciated.

The collection of light is sort of a stretch, since we normally would expect two planets that are not normally going to aspect to be brought together by a third slower planet that collects both of their light, however, I do regard aspects within orb as significant. I think the main thing is that Jupiter is very influential in the chart and that is a favorable thing in most charts.

Hello Ana Diana:

Good evening and thanks for your question.

So, like with everything else in astrology, you can either look at the glass of water in front of you as being "half-full" or "half-empty?"

Therefore, we must focus on, or appreciate, what we have, versus what we don't have. should we not.

That goes for horary charts, as well.

(Actually, it's NOT having what you want...but, rather, it's what you already have, that counts, as the Sheryl Crow song once said).

So, yes, the very late Cancer ascendant and equally very late Sagittarius 6th house cusp (for those of us who follow the modern horary rules and Placidian house cusps) does suggest a foregone conclusion regarding this job offer.

It may well be that there is something about this job that is obsolete or it's like flogging the proverbial dead horse.

However, i am one to believe that all work is meaningful and that all occupations make the community great.

Therefore, we should not shun lowly work or "slave work."

That said, there are some auspicious conditions that modify an otherwise questionable chart.

First of all, Part of Fortune is in the first house of querent, conjunct the north node, also in the first house, and making a close trine with the 10th house midheaven (the employer), which is brilliant. What this says is that the supervisor will like the querent, immensely, and in spite of the lowly and or difficult job description, the boss will have the "back" of the querent, I predict.

In fact, the boss or supervisor may even ignore the shortcomings of the querent, as Mars (10th house ruler) and Jupiter (6th house ruler) are in mutual reception.

Therefore, in spite of the underlying heavy Capricornian influence (6 planets, there, in the 6th house of work, a powerful corroboration of employment, by the way), there is also a playfulness and or frivolity about the work environment (Jupiter (r. 6th) = Mars (r. 10th) = 5th house cusp of play) that could make the job actually semi enjoyable.

Therefore, although Jupiter can manage only an applying sextile to Pluto in this chart, (the sextile to the Sun is partile and therefore, part of the past, what is moving away?), Jupiter is strong enough, here, to bring a legitimate working relationship to the querent. I disagree that Jupiter is somehow debilitated.

Finally, radix Venus makes a powerful statement, as it is located on the 7th house cusp, just 59 minutes away from the angle. That indicates a harmonious relationship within the workplace and further strengthens the whole chart.

Also, the question was asked during a Venus hour, further favoring the querent.

Venus is in Capricorn, however, a sign known for its cheapness and frugality, so it is true that the wage will not be that good. Venus is combust the Sun and is unaspected. That means isolationism and a feeling of being unconnected to the employer, so not all good !

That said, like all things ruled by Saturn, things, here, may well improve with time, but in the context of the Virgoan 6th house, which typically rules diminishment and denies personal recognition.

Finally, radix Mars inconjunct (150 degrees) Uranus points to accidents while on the job and periodic, unexpected events, which needs to be factored into the final equation.

Good luck to you.

S.