I missed that! But that makes more sense too.

I was thinking that instead of the sixth house ruler as the "quesited" the 7th house ruler should be "the person (bird) enquired after".

Look at which star the DSC is closest too and then look at the scientific name for Ruby-crowned Kinglet.

:lala
The Moon is opposing Jupiter. Don't get involved, it's their problem. Jim Critchfield

moonbright wrote:I missed that! But that makes more sense too.

I was thinking that instead of the sixth house ruler as the "quesited" the 7th house ruler should be "the person (bird) enquired after".

Look at which star the DSC is closest too and then look at the scientific name for Ruby-crowned Kinglet.

OMG!! :shock:

Ruby-crowned Kinglet Regulus calendula

I know I said "It's very weird!" when you asked me how weird?! . . . but this is too much!

If you take Mercury as the bird instead of the Moon it means that its significator has dignity by term.
When a planet is in its own terms it is recognized as being in a situation of temporary strength, even though it may not otherwise be suited to the sign it is in. For example, Saturn is in detriment in Leo, yet if it is in the first 6 degrees it is in its own terms so this overall condition of weakness is somewhat alleviated. Ezra referred to such a planet as "like a man in his seat". We could compare the situation to someone who rents or owns a holiday villa abroad. The country may be generally unfamiliar but there is a sense of security when surrounded by one's own possessions.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig3.html

I think dignity by term describes the Ruby-crowned Kinglet at your location well as the range maps that I looked at indicated that it is a winter (non-breeding) resident and it will move further inland during the breeding season. So it's on a holiday at the coast in winter.

But it is also described by the Moon and Saturn which are conjunct. Saturn's colour is black and the Moon is debilitated - damaged.
If a planet is situated in a sign which opposes its own it is said to be in detriment, a word which literally means to be harmed or damaged.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig4.html

Taking this further, it would seem to make sense that the significator for a rare bird - one that is very much outside of its normal range - would have no essential dignity at all - peregrine, in other words (ironically enough).
A planet with no essential dignity is called Peregrine, a Latin word meaning 'alien' or 'foreigner' (pereger = beyond the borders, ager = land, i.e., 'beyond one's own land'). In old English, to 'peregrinate' means to wander far from home.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig4.html

So the next time you think you have a rare bird, cast another chart and look for a peregrine significator (not to mention any fixed stars on the DSC!)

Who knew you could mesh these two hobbies?!

The Moon is opposing Jupiter. Don't get involved, it's their problem. Jim Critchfield

-

Thank you very much for cheering me up and all the information!

Talking about the stars, moonbright, the other night I spotted the Big Dipper and the north star so I had a chance to see that our neighbor’s patio window lies to the north.

Earlier I mentioned “Ruby??? had hopped onto our fence after taking a bath and faced the south. I thought our fence was located north but I was wrong. It is located NW so Ruby’s face and the chest weren’t facing towards the south as I thought it was. This makes more sense because Ruby (NW) and the Sun (SE) were opposite; therefor the strong freckle dots we spotted on her side were created by the bright sunlight.

A few hours after posting my last reply, I was standing in a line waiting to get some takeout food. Right in front of me was a lady with a short wire-haired little dog with unusually large round eyes. No doubt, a terrier mix . . . except those big Bug Eyes (the dog was staring at me). I approached the animal and offered my hand but after an initial sniff, the dog moved away and hid behind the owner so the owner picked up the dog, saying “She’s shy, Jack Russell Chihuahua mix???.

Once in the protection of the owner’s arms the dog rested her head on the lady's shoulder, and resumed staring. I said “Mine’s a long hair Chi, maybe Papillion mix??? – the Bug Eyes continually staring at me. So once more I offered my hand and this time the dog accepted it, and to my surprise, she rested her head on my hand. I said to the dog “What is your name???? -- to this the owner replied, “her name’s Ruby.???