Hey, guys,

Horary is never wrong: I had said that the new house was ruled by Saturn (the 3rd from the 4th, Grenadine?s current home), but didn?t see that Saturn was turning retro, suggesting that even though the house was a good deal, she wasn?t going to buy it: on the verge of the purchase, she backed out (= Saturn turning retro) and chose another house (Jupiter at 0? ruling the end of the matter.

Good luck, Grenadine, and thanks for the feedback.

M.
www.starryherald.com.ar

Well... the question was "Is this house a good or bad deal?", not "Will I buy this house". Based on the data given, I still think that the particular house was a good deal. Asker decided to go for an even better deal, that's fine. Horary is there to help us make choices.

I agree with The Alchemist regarding the issue of the "good/bad deal", we all think that the original house was a good deal, and Grenadine herself accepted that the price was more than OK, that the house lot was nice, and the thing she was having second thoughts about was the house, which was old (Saturn ruling her 6th, the 3rd from the IC)

Nevertheless, I think her post was also suggesting the question about whether to buy it or not. Apart from her doubts (Mercury square Saturn), I still believe that Saturn in 2nd turning retro shows she ended up keeping her money (or at least not using it to buy that house).

Have a good one.
www.starryherald.com.ar

I have been looking at home purchasing and one thing I find confusing in Lilly's text is that he claims the 10th house/lord is the price of the property (if dignified, it is high, if ill dignified, it is low) but that this is also the house that deals with profit of the land to the querent. How can this work if the price is low and the querent benefits, or vice versa?

How would one go about looking at financial loss or gain? Would you just look at the 2nd (gain) versus 8th (debt/loss) house in relation to the question?

I actually tried consulting with a horary astrologer on a home purchase because I felt like I don't have enough experience in financial questions, but they would only accept a yes/no question, which I could glean for free by flipping a coin and guessing. I asked for a refund after arguing with them. :-sk. I was merely trying to determine if housing prices will go down (such as another 2008 crash) and it it would be a bad time to buy, or if housing prices will just keep going up. My thought was this could be answered by the 10th house/ruler and possibly its relationship to the 2nd. The astrologer wanted me to ask whether or not I would successfully buy a home, which was a stupid question because I am certainly capable of buying a home and that decision is up to me - I was looking for some financial guidance, not a fatalistic approach to a situation. Geesh. I guess this is a whole other issue in and of itself.

tanit,

i think you have to figure out what the question is you want an answer for! i think you kind of have too, but it sounds general - are house prices going to continue to go up, or will they go down via something like what happened in 2008...that sort of sounds like your question.. it sounds too general!

i am just finishing up reading frawleys the real astrology applied.. in the back of the book he goes into a description of the houses.. i am reading on the 8th house right now, but a couple of days ago i read on the 4th house.. in it he talks about what you mention in your post about lilly.. i now have the book open on page 168...

" what we seek to find in a horary on house purchase in a balance between the condition of the fourth house ruler, showing the property, and the condition of the ruler of the tenth, which signifies the price. we hope to find them equally strong or, better still, weighed in our favour. this would show the price is fair, or that we are getting a bargain.. it is perfectly possible that we might be prepared to pay more for the house then it is worth:we might like it so much that we feel it is money well spent; but we should at least be aware that we are paying over the odds."

"in such a question the ruler of the 7th shows the seller.. if this planet is weak, it may be an indication that he can't be trusted - especially if it is in the 12th house, where we are most unlikely to find any honesty."

he goes on and etc. etc.. maybe some of this is of use to you...

personally, i think the real estate markets here in canada and the usa are in a bubble... bubbles can last a long time though and it is impossible to predict when they will break... if i was in no hurry and sitting on the sidelines thinking of buying a house, i would wait until after 2020 rolls out.. i think there are major dynamics at work on the world financial scene that are playing out and going to come out into the open more fully in the next few years... i think most people are in the dark about just what these dynamics are... if you are not in a rush, i would hold off buying...

I think you are right that it is a bad time to buy. I am guessing the info I am looking for would be in the 10th and a retrograde significator would show a decrease in price coming.

I have decided to wait because I am considering moving somewhere cheaper up north, and going to med school. It is funny because I asked a question about buying a home here and the 9th house was involved and I didn't understand why - now I see it was because I am considering more schooling and it would inhibit that process.