Upcoming Venus Retrograde aspecting natal planets

Hi All,

I wanted to bring this topic to you and ask for your opinions on the outcome of a situation, where Venus Retrograde stations retrograde in an exact conjunction to a natal planet (not natal Venus). I know much depends on the house the planet rules and is located in. Assuming it rules the 10th and sits in the 2nd my first thought is, maybe this person might fall in love with someone from work, or fall in love with a job. Or a superior (10th) may fall in love with this person. I'm clearly not very unique with my interpretation and would like your thoughts. Thank you!

No raise in wages

Not having a chart to go by, my first thought was if it goes retro in the 2nd house then no raise in wages - if one asked for one or hoped for one. Ruling the 10th that would mean no promotion.

I've always noticed that retro Venus put love on the back burner.

"Small" transit can only bring some tiny daily events. In that sense it can be a pleasant emotional moment , associated with those areas of life that represent the natal planet. But provided there is no other significant transit at the same time.

Venus doesn't always rule romance. If the person already has significations for romance at work, then I might think so. If it is influencing the 2nd and 10th, it seems like Venus would be influencing income and work, such as buying nonessential items/fun things and being less careful with money and maybe social aspects coming into play somehow, especially with allies (2nd house). Usually when a planet turns retrograde it is not at its best so I would not assume it is necessarily Venus shining away on that house. I would more likely warn the person to keep good relationships with women at work and be careful of their finances. Retrograde periods are typically areas you want to be careful about or examine/re-examine. Whether it is positive or not depends on other factors but Venus in detriment in Scorpio and retro isn't a fun Venus energy. I had a Venus return in my 10th one year and Venus was retro in Aries - definitely an awful time for me. It wasn't falling in love, it was heartbreak. A man I cared about for several years moved across country and it ended very badly. In my case, Venus conjunct Mars is already in my 10th. Without something like that, I would not assume romance is involved. Venus rules a lot of things.

I could be wrong, but from my observation transits of the inner planets don't seem to do much other than time outer planet transits that are happening at the same time. If there are no outer planet transits to the natal chart, then inner planet transits won't do much on their own.

For instance, I found that inner planet transits to certain parts of my natal chart during a period of about eighteen months or so were coinciding with small wins on the Thunderball lottery, enough to more than make up my stake, so beating the odds. Then the pattern stopped, and I worked out that there were bigger, outer planet transits to this area of my chart during that eighteen months, and also at another time when I won £10 on the Thunderball. The odds of winning ten pounds on the Thunderball are really against you, so it isn't chance. I think the last time transiting Jupiter, Chiron and the Moons Nodes were making small aspects to this part of my chart, and when I bought the ticket also Venus and the Sun. It was only a win of ten pounds, so for such a lot of transits I didn't feel particularly lucky...

I will try to observe more carefully exactly what happens to me, others around me and the greater world during inner planet transits.

fleur - i see it much like you.. focus on the outer planet activity beginning with saturn.. that is where the action is generated from..

i do recall the venus retro at a similar spot back in 2002 oct - at 15 scorpio was an important turn in the stock market..

It is true that the inner planets move so fast that their transits can seem less significant but sometimes they can at least add to other contributing factors. In my case of transit Venus retro in Aries, it was also a Venus return, a Saturn return (ruler of the 7th square ASC ruler) and the beginning of my 7th house profection year. So, to say Venus alone was significant would be an overstatement. It did show the Venus/Mars conjunction in my 10th coming out into the open though - it involved a coworker, who shared my Moon/Saturn square in the same signs in his 7th house. That is the only time that my Venus/Mars in Aries conjunction has made much sense for me and I have not been a romantic person since (this was 10 years ago). It was a significant time in my life and I would consider it a turning point, but you guys are right that the outer planets (Saturn) were the ones emphasizing things.

What was especially interesting during my Venus transit was that after it turned direct, it met Mars in Aries but the conjunction never happened until the next sign, which is exactly what happens in my natal chart. The conjunction was denied perfection.