yes,saturn conjunct Mercury in saturn sign in day chart
Then your ascendant ruler is received. I said asc ruler receiving the malefic is bad. Your malefic is also dignified. Entirely different scenario. In reception, if the malefic receives, it is said to at least lessen harm if not negate it. If Jupiter mitigates Saturn, all the better. Only Jupiter can mitigate a truly bad Saturn. Your Saturn is not that bad.

9th is anything to do with "higher mind" or higher mental activities. Al Biruni gives chess to Venus. Whatever chess is, at the highest levels it is an intellectual exercise, and the 9th is where intellectual exercises are assigned.

Tanit3333 wrote:
yes,saturn conjunct Mercury in saturn sign in day chart
Then your ascendant ruler is received. I said asc ruler receiving the malefic is bad. Your malefic is also dignified. Entirely different scenario. In reception, if the malefic receives, it is said to at least lessen harm if not negate it. If Jupiter mitigates Saturn, all the better. Only Jupiter can mitigate a truly bad Saturn. Your Saturn is not that bad.
it is hayz and so is jupiter in the same sign but 9 degrees away from asc ruler,which is applying,but not sure 9 degrees is too far

Tom wrote:9th is anything to do with "higher mind" or higher mental activities. Al Biruni gives chess to Venus. Whatever chess is, at the highest levels it is an intellectual exercise, and the 9th is where intellectual exercises are assigned.
I think 9th is more abstract,chess is very much the opposite,it requires mercurial reasoning or so i think.
Didnt know they already played it in the time of Al-Biruni

Just to play safe, I suggest we use AA data, but ideally relatives or friends. Data from ADB or astrotheme are too easy to find.

I think 9th is more abstract,chess is very much the opposite,it requires mercurial reasoning or so i think.
A distinction without a difference. Mercury is hard logic. The Moon is imagination and both qualities are needed in order to be a top level chess player. The law is 9th house according to every chess authority and isn't abstract, plus chess is less mechanical than you might think. "Positional Chess" can be quite abstract.
Didnt know they already played it in the time of Al-Biruni

Chess has an ancient history but in the time of Al Biruni it was a different game. It went from Persia to India where it became a lot closer to its present form. I find his assigning Venus to chess a bit puzzling.
He may have seen it as a social game or a game whereby one socialized easily.

Just to play safe, I suggest we use AA data, but ideally relatives or friends. Data from ADB or astrotheme are too easy to find.
Safe? Is there a danger? Anyone is free to post a mystery chart and establish any rules they wish to establish and use any chart they wish to for any reason. I post them as teaching and learning exercises. If we get something out of it, then the precision of the birth data just isn't important. For example we have the discussion of ASC ruler in hard aspect and reception with a malefic. If it turns out that Morphy was actually born four years later in late December, it really doesn't change the fact that we all benefited from the discussion that revealed that tip. When I do these things, I don't look at it as some kind of competition, which would require accuracy. I look at it as sharing knowledge.

He lost his father in his 19th year which is very close to 20-22.
Curiously this fact is rarely mentioned by the people who psychoanalyze Morphy. His chess triumphs occurred in this period, but it is true his father died of a stroke in 1856 at the age of 58 when Paul was 19.

Fine made much of the rules of chess in "analyzing" Morphy. He and perhaps Jones noted that chess symbolizes the Oedipal complex. The King (father) cannot be killed only rendered impotent, while the Queen (mother) is all powerful. Morphy's father was dead when Paul went to the First American Chess Congress in 1857. His father was an eminent man in New Orleans at the time of his death and there are plenty of instances of the sons of famous fathers having problems because they can't "measure up" to the father.

Paul took offense to the idea that chess could be a profession. It wasn't serious work. The acting profession and sports were similarly looked down upon as professions until relatively recently (last 100 or so years). So here's Paul feted for a recreational activity, which cannot compare to his father's work as a jurist, and Paul can't begin his chosen career because he's too young.

So does Mars in 12 or angular square Lord ASC indicate an early death or can it indicate mental problems particularly when Lord ASC is Mercury?

Starkman uses Topocentric Primary directions to rectify and these probably show a lot of activity in the 1856-1859 years.

I ran some primary directions on Curtis Manwaring's Delphic Oracle 9.0. I'm not positive that this is exactly what Starkman might have done but for the record I used Polich-Page Topocentric and the key of Ptolemy - one degree of arc = one year of life. The period 1856-1859 is very busy.

One of the more interesting is the MC converse to the fixed star Aldebaran perfected on November 24, 1856, only two days after the death of Morphy Sr. Here are some things mentioned about Aldebaran by Robson:

... public honors and gain of power and wealth through others but it's benefits seldom prove lasting and there is also a danger of violence and sickness.
Morphy inherited from his father, and would claim a personal fortune of over $100,000 a few years later - a nice sum in mid 19th century.

During 1857 The Sun would be directed to Jupiter, The Moon was directed to Lord ASC Mercury, and the Sun was directed converse to Mercury. His ASC ruler was clearly activated and fame is indicated.