james_m wrote:...i believe the coincidence of the jupiter-saturn conjunction 2020 and the saturn/pluto conjunction 2020 is a very significant combo of conjunctions that is going to usher in something very different for the world and i believe it will have a lot to do with the world financial system...
Agreed. One of the interesting patterns in bitcoin is how the halving of the block reward coincides with this event which will happen sometime again in the summer of 2020. This seemingly insignificant little technological fact was largely responsible for the 2017 bull run. This is because the halving of the block reward causes a slow down in the QE (Quantative Easing). This continual 4 year cycle follows Zeno's principle until the year 2140 when the last bitcoin is mined (capped at 21 million). QE is the reason that all national fiat either goes into hyperinflation or debt default. The financial crisis of 2008 was followed by the release of bitcoin on Jan 3, 2009 on the heels of the Pluto in Capricorn ingress. In the bitcoin genesis block one can find the cryptic statement... (right side of below hash)

00000080 01 04 45 54 68 65 20 54 69 6D 65 73 20 30 33 2F ..E<b>The Times 03/</b>
00000090 4A 61 6E 2F 32 30 30 39 20 43 68 61 6E 63 65 6C <b>Jan/2009 Chancel</b>
000000A0 6C 6F 72 20 6F 6E 20 62 72 69 6E 6B 20 6F 66 20 <b>lor on brink of </b>
000000B0 73 65 63 6F 6E 64 20 62 61 69 6C 6F 75 74 20 66 <b> second bailout f</b>
000000C0 6F 72 20 62 61 6E 6B 73 FF FF FF FF 01 00 F2 05 <b>or banks</b>ÿÿÿÿ..ò.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Genesis_block

The fact that bitcoin supply cannot be manipulated by politicians or bankers is the reason that bitcoin exists and the reason for the above statement. This is critically important if one wants to have <i>honest</i> money.
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

Architecturally speaking, Pluto in Capricorn seems to be turning the infrastructure inside out. We now have these large hacks of centralized databases and it keeps getting worse. Last one was of 145 million records on Equifax. Now it's 500 million records of passports and credit cards from Marriott. Centralization of data (and power) is the biggest problem and 2FA can't fix it. Adding more firewalls mimics the binomial random walk (aka Gamblers Ruin) problem.

The correct way to manage this risk is through distributed databases that hash records that can be encrypted back to the source. It's a mistake to place 500 million records where the hack of a single password or a few servers gives out reams of data. If you force hackers to hack each record individually, then it becomes prohibitively expensive to do the hack without a botnet (which is much more difficult to pull off).

Pluto in Capricorn brings the message that hierarchy needs to be flattened. It is suggesting that disintermediation (the removal of middlemen to be replaced with P2P) is the impending architecture of the future that will fix the problems of a parasitic banking and information cartel.
Curtis Manwaring

curtis,

i do wonder when the internet will be shut down.. maybe we have to wait until pluto makes it to aquarius! it seems technology is not all it is cracked up to be, however their are more new members to the church of technology then their are to any other religion today!!! people are spending huge amounts of time and money using the internet, while also gaining different perspectives and a whole lot of propaganda too - see wikipedia for example, lol...

so, i am anticipating that the internet is going to be more modified, or controlled or shut down periodically, or certain sites will not be allowed to be seen - all for our own protection, thanks the nsa and etc, LOLOL... i think that is where we are headed and i never thought it would get to this, but i think it is going to..

james_m wrote:curtis,

i do wonder when the internet will be shut down..
Knew this one was coming. Let me show you the problem with this line of attack. First of all, the current banking system is using the same network, so goodbye SWIFT (the protocol that the banking system uses for ACH) and similar banking wire transfer networks...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_f ... munication

To do significant shutdown of the internet will cause more problems for authority than it will solve and the banks would be cutting their own throat. The banking system will have to go back to pen and paper calculations (good luck with your derivative stock options that need to be executed accurate to the millisecond). This would just about guarantee a crash of the stock market. Look what happened in Philadelphia when the EBT network went offline for a few hours:

https://youtu.be/ncwoXwdJBVE

So, no the internet kill switch which has been bandied about by authority as an option is not an option if they want to retain control of the situation. But by all means, if you're a despot reading this, please do this and thank you for exiting your corrupt office. You'll last less than a week in power.

The more realistic approach is stealth filtering of results (shadow banning) from centralized IT sources. In fact they are already doing this...

https://steemit.com/news/@johnvibes/tod ... ny-of-mine

However, when it comes to bitcoin, there are actually alternative networks outside of the internet itself. One such network is run by Blockstream Satellite:

https://blockstream.com/satellite/

There are also new mesh networks being born which disintermediates the ISP industry so despots seeking to use your ISP provider to censor your content are going to have trouble there as well.

https://www.skycoin.net
https://blockstack.org
https://substratum.net

Jared Rice is also building a decentralized internet which would be impervious to censorship...

https://medium.com/@CryptoKong123/extra ... 9403b519f5

I just pointed out a couple of projects, but there's a lot more going on. This of course doesn't mean that there will not be a large section of the population content to stay slaves on FB and controlled like cattle, but that is a choice.

The bottom line is that censoring math is not realistically possible. The idiot TSA now ask if you carry bitcoin in your bags when you cross borders (LOL). They don't understand that this is impossible, but that's how the stupid bureaurats wrote the law. You can carry cryptographically signed keys and if you're technically sophisticated enough, you've memorized them. So if they make this illegal, to be in compliance with the law, everyone who has memorized their cryptographic keys will have to undergo a prefrontal lobotomy at the border. This is because bitcoin wallets are inside out: the coins are on the distributed network, locked by hashes in public cyberspace and never really go anywhere (therefore money transmission laws don't apply), but the keys can be held in your head. It's the keys that can move, not the money.

The current rulers are just dinosaurs who don't understand the new world that is emerging. The much more realistic worry is bankers buying up Blockstream and having enough influence to modify the code and buy out the miners, coopting the system in some ways or using a replacement such as FedCoin or a digital SDR which would be a centralized and fully censorable alternative. I've referred to this as a "digital panopticon" in my writings on Steemit and this is a realistic danger, especially in the west.

I don't want to take up space on this forum to discuss it here. I've written extensively on my Steemit blog over the past year or so on what is going on in this space...

https://steemit.com/@zoidsoft

Here's an important one:

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@zoidsoft/h ... -consensus

Click on "hide resteems" to see what I've written on the subject. Most of my best work in this area is about a year old, so you might have to go back a ways.
Curtis Manwaring

curtis,

just to use one example.. the west are tailoring SWIFT to exclude iran for example and keep it going for those '''''it''''' deems friendly... that is not the way an international system can work...

the same thing will happen with the internet.... it will be selective... certain sites and views will be allowed and others will be shut out... see twitter, facebook and etc for a good example of this... these corps have a specific ideology that they are following...

shutting down, some, but not all of the internet is definitely on the way...

james_m wrote:curtis,

just to use one example.. the west are tailoring SWIFT to exclude iran for example and keep it going for those '''''it''''' deems friendly... that is not the way an international system can work...

the same thing will happen with the internet.... it will be selective... certain sites and views will be allowed and others will be shut out... see twitter, facebook and etc for a good example of this... these corps have a specific ideology that they are following...

shutting down, some, but not all of the internet is definitely on the way...
China is already locked down to some degree in the way you say above, but the Chinese have still found a way to invest in bitcoin. I'm not saying that it's impossible to do in the future, but that it's currently a much bigger problem than authority wants to admit. They like to appear as gods before you and don't want to admit their weaknesses. This is what I was trying to point out in my post above. A digital panopticon is indeed coming and partially already here, but it is not going to come by "shutting down the internet". That's a blunt force approach with a lot of collateral damage. So please read the rest of what I wrote about above carefully.

In any case, this is a temporary situation that I estimate will cause about a generation of pain in the west for the fools who accept authority's answer to centralized IT failings. This video will help you understand why what you are saying is impossible to sustain long term...

https://youtu.be/810aKcfM__Q
Curtis Manwaring

Just to point out one fatal flaw in centralized IT extrapolated from the logic of the above video... Centralized IT combined with financial data hacks that leads to ID theft for example... each time this happens, it adds more strain to the system introducing more QE. We have 21.7T worth of USD debt now. What happens when it reaches double that in about 2022? At some point the authority structure simply cannot insure the losses. By then a big mac might cost about $25. Then the interest rates go parabolic and hyperinflation sets in, all caused by the fact that idiots who insist on centralized IT can't learn the lesson that it is insecure. A couple months later, due to interest alone, it can soar to $50 for a big mac... then it's all over and people will flee to the more stable store of value. Bitcoin hasn't solved the scaling issue just yet, so pray that it does before this happens. Then that capital will at least have somewhere to go. Otherwise, maybe silver, gold, or anything tangible for a while.
Curtis Manwaring

thanks curtis,

i agree with you.. any attempt to stop the internet, or curtail the freedoms associated with it, will be difficult to impossible to pull off but they are already trying and it is happening as i suggest with the curtailing of info on twitter and facebook to use an easy example.. maybe wikileaks, edward snowden and other organizations or people like that will be shut out if possible.. banning websites that don't conform to the ''''correct'''' ideology, or are viewed by ''one group''' as '''propaganda''' will be shut down or have to find alternative ways of getting info out.. any news or info that is contrary to the official position taken by the west will be shut down - here in the west...

as for finances.. they are already tracking everything, except they are unable to track day to day transactions between people locally who want to get off this snoopdog grid..

no astrology... sorry... i think manipulating info and keeping info hidden, or only available to a select few is more pluto... in capricorn it is like gov't authorized, stamped and sealed...

regarding posting videos to paint a picture..... i can read transcripts... i can't sit and watch a youtube video where someone talks for 52 minutes, or however long.. i just am not into it... i am not into talk shows either... if you want to share a viewpoint in the written word - i am interested and will read it.. i am not into watching a person talking on a video for an hour... but, that is me! give me a transcript and i will look at it... thanks!

james_m wrote:off but they are already trying and it is happening as i suggest with the curtailing of info on twitter and facebook to use an easy example.. maybe wikileaks, edward snowden and other organizations or people like that will be shut out if possible.. banning websites that don't conform to the ''''correct'''' ideology, or are viewed by ''one group''' as '''propaganda''' will be shut down

regarding posting videos to paint a picture..... i can read transcripts... i can't sit and watch a youtube video where someone talks for 52 minutes, or however long.. i just am not into it...
I figured that a couple of my posts were TLDR for you because you seemed to imply that I didn't know that centralized IT was rerouting traffic (censoring the internet). I have referred to this as part of the "digital panopticon" in my writings on Steemit. But this isn't "shutting down the internet", that would indeed cut off SWIFT and other banking institutions completely which is why they can't do it. Of course they can censor IP's which is easily defeatable by VPN's, chain proxies, onion routers, DNS poisoning... BTW, I don't think Iran ever had a SWIFT code. They've been completely outside of their system (sanctioned) at least as long as 1979 when the Shah was deposed. North Korea, Syria and several other countries are in the same boat, but they can still hack our systems and we theirs.

Shame you don't watch videos. Those talks are really quite spectacular and give a much better picture into the future than I've heard from any astrologer. They even give a timeline for events based upon the understanding of the technology. I would in that case recommend Andreas Antonopoulos "Internet of Money".

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/318 ... t-of-money
Curtis Manwaring

curtis,

the comments i make are directed at you and also more general in nature for anyone... i make no assumptions on what you do, or don't know.. thanks..

don't know what TLDR means but looking it up, it doesn't apply! "too long; didn't read"
no.. if it was written material, i would have read it, or skimmed over it... i don't bother with videos... the abbreviated code needs to be TLDW.

i don't know all the details, but iran banks were a part of the swift monetary system..
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1NA1PN

apparently the grand ayatollah of the world, who lives in the usa - said they had to be cut off!! i guess that ouch moment from 1979 when iran was able to get rid of the dictator the usa had put in place is still raw in the usa political system, never to be forgotten.. it seems iranians have a long memory too..

thanks for the book suggestion~! i will look it up.. cheers james

An interesting Thread. Thanks. For me it is what angle you are looking at that depends.

1/ For me Pluto is the "classic" destruction energy. Just breaks everything and ONLY the healthy and flexible can recover.

So when Pluto left expansionist Sagittarius and entered Capricorn those who had got bloated got whacked.

2/ But also related to the Markets Pluto is an important driving force. Greed v Risk playing out.

In fact Pluto is very important when trying to understand how Mankind will react to difficult situations.

When survival becomes No 1.

However, you'll all have noticed that Saturn is now tracking Pluto. And The Node will conjoin Pluto too. Much of this happens or peaks in late March and April.

Obviously in the UK late March is an important time for the BREXIT nonsense.

I'm just wondering how Saturn applying to Pluto till late April will play out. I certainly assume that Tempers will flare.

Add in The Node and it goes Karmic.

I wonder who wins ? Saturn or Pluto ?

H