petosiris wrote: Hellenistic authors like Ptolemy technically treat the ''The point which is 90º degrees from the ascendant'' as MC aka Midheaven, see 3.10 and 4.4 of the Tetrabiblos for an example of ''μεσου??ανοῦντος ζῳδίου''.
Well I think it's probably worth saying that my point isn't about what ancient authors did, but about contemporary astrological understanding - this isn't the traditional forum after all. I personally use both, and whilst I understand them subtly differently, I nevertheless use them both and find them both powerful and important. I actually think Hellenistic authors, broadly, equally found the MC as important, but it's not something I want to pursue here.
Both may be important, but there is no denying that the earlier authors placed heavier emphasis on the tenth sign and equal house MC than their Medieval and Renaissance successors.
I don't think anyone was denying anything of the sort - mostly because nobody was talking about this issue here yet.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/

I don't think anyone was denying anything of the sort - mostly because nobody was talking about this issue here yet.
Actually you are, and I quote:
I actually think Hellenistic authors, broadly, equally found the MC as important, but it's not something I want to pursue here.
Which is a false statement, broadly speaking.

Petosiris

I do not know why you wish to be antagonistic to me. But nor do I really care.

Nobody mentioned Hellenistic anything until you posted, that you used my reply to your post where I say nobody was talking about it as evidence that people were talking about it is frankly absurd.

Have a good day. I hope the original poster gets value from the post I did make.

* edited to add:
I see in the thread that Therese linked that I have disagreed with Petosiris on the issue. Perhaps this explains things.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/

I do not get it why you are taking my comments so personally and antagonistically, they are with good intentions of clarification of the word Midheaven and are aimed at the general public. I think it is fine to discuss Hellenistic anything on this forum board, and I think it is related to the OP.

Paul, thank you for your breakdown, very much appreciated.
I'm downloading Stellarium now- what a cool resource!

I also wish to thank everyone for their feedback, this is all very good to know! ;)