Hi quisquis
I should mention that the question was asked after the two notices one notice to announce retirement second notice to revoke the first notice this is very Mars in gemini in the seventh house & the controlled anger this generated in her at an emotional level which she focused on her meeting with people in charge which strangely enough were three , three planets on the turned 10th house as the moon travels to meet this triplicity of planets.
My partner has mercury in the first house in Aquarius in its exaltation & joy & part of an air grand trine She could probably sell snow to the Eskimos I constantly wonder at her ability pull things out of hopeless situations.But more to the point I have already told her she will succeed based on my interpretation of the horary.Hopefully I will not be whacked over the back of my head with my recent purchase of Christian astrology.

Serene wrote:Hello Zosma, can you attach the chart in regio house system please? As that is more suitable for horary as practised by many here.
Hello, Serene

Though it may be that many horary astrologers set charts using the Regiomontanus system of house division, I would like to state, for Zosma's sake and for the sake of any fellow student who may read the present post, that it may be that no one house system is inherently superior to another for the purpose of judging an horary chart.

When I first began practicing horary astrology, I set horary charts using the Regiomontanus house system, but I later adopted the equal house system, which I use with no greater or lesser degree of success.

Regards
KevinM
Blog: www.diaryofafortuneteller.wordpress.com

Hello Zosma

I am very sorry to hear of your circumstances.

The primary challenge concerning the present horary chart is that it would appear that you do not specify which houses you deem applicable.

1. If we are to assign to your partner the radical first (Scorpio; Mars), we may assign to the applicable employer the radical tenth (Leo; the Sun) and to their resources the radical eleventh (Virgo; Mercury).
Though Mercury regards Mars, neither is connected to the other.
The present observation could be interpreted as denoting a subject (Mars) who does receive remuneration (Mercury).

2. If we were to assign to your partner the radical seventh (Taurus; Venus), we may assign to the applicable employer the radical fourth (Aquarius; Saturn) and to their resources the radical fifth (Pisces; Jupiter).
Though Venus regards Jupiter, neither is connected to the other.
The Moon would conjunct or connect with Venus by posterior square aspect before Venus is able to conjunct Jupiter by posterior square aspect. In addition, Venus would conjunct Saturn by posterior sextile aspect before she is able to conjunct Jupiter by posterior square aspect.
The present observations could be interpreted as denoting a subject (Venus) who does not receive remuneration (Jupiter).

Quote by Zosma: “... Maybe moon translating the light from mars to venus exalted in Pisces cusp of 4th bringing to end this matter What do you think. ...???

It is worth noting that not every astrologer agrees on the criteria for translation.

I am of the school that hold that for one to say that one planet translates the light of another, the swifter planet must receive the light of the slower planet; since the Moon does not receive the light of Mars in 13 degrees of Gemini, I would not say that she translates the light of Mars.

Regards
KevinM

Hi KevinM
Thanks for your insights into my Horary dilemma. I seem to be having trouble
exactly understanding Translation of Light, So looking at Anthony Louis book I find
Translation of light: if the two primary significators have recently made an aspect that we wish we could use to answer the question,see which planet is faster than either significator can reactivate that aspect by translating the light from one to another.
We don't truly have this situation just a variant of it in that Mars & venus were not in aspect to each other yet the moon will aspect Venus & enter her terms at the same time & be in moiety to both;so not a TOL but aspecting both.Am I missing something here?
The moon would be significator of my resources which is intercepted by cancer in the 8th.given they our our joint resources, it could be the planet which unlocks the puzzle.Mars in Regiomontanus rules their resources.
Indeed with present hindsight it must have been the planet which unlocked the horary chart for the conclusion was reached three months after the horary
The moon had 3 degrees to form an exact square to Venus
Knowing what I now know,I find the Regiomontanus chart to have been the more accurate
Thanks

Quote: “Thanks for your insights into my Horary dilemma.???

You are very welcome.

Quote: “I seem to be having trouble exactly understanding Translation of Light, So looking at Anthony Louis book I find Translation of light: if the two primary significators have recently made an aspect that we wish we could use to answer the question, see which planet is faster than either significator can reactivate that aspect by translating the light from one to another."

I have not read Mr Louis’ book.

To my knowledge, there are one or two occurrences that constitute translation, depending on the preferences of the astrologer with whom one consults.

The first occurrence involves only contact: a planet must separate from one significator and apply to a second significator. By the present criteria, and concerning the charts that you provide, one could state that, by separating from bodily conjunction with Mars and applying to conjunction with Venus by posterior square aspect, the Moon translates the light of Mars to Venus.

The second occurrence involves both contact and reception: a planet must receive and separate from one significator and apply to a second significator. By the present criteria, and concerning the charts that you provide, one cannot state that the Moon translates the light of Mars to Venus since the Moon does not receive Mars in 13 degrees of Gemini.

My understanding of the term reception is based on the teachings of Mr William Lilly, who notes the following:

“[p.112] ... Reception is when two Planets [sic.] that are significators in any Question [sic.] or matter, are in each others dignity; as [Sun] in [Aries], and [Mars] in [Leo]; here is reception of these two Planets [sic.] by Houses [sic.]; and certainly this is the strongest and best of all receptions. It may be by triplicity, term, or face, or any essentiall [sic.] dignity; as [Venus] in [Aries], and [Sun] in [Taurus]; here is reception by triplicity, if the Question [sic.] or Nativity [sic.] be by day: so [Venus] in 24. of [Aries], and [Mars], in 16. of [Gemini]; here is reception by term, [Mars] being in the terms of [Venus], and she in his terms. ...??? (Lilly, William (1659). Christian Astrology (2nd ed.). London: Macock, John)

Quote: “Mars & venus were not in aspect to each other yet the moon will aspect Venus & enter her terms at the same time & be in moiety to both;so not a TOL but aspecting both. ...???
Even though the Moon is still in contact with Mars, from whom she separates, and even though she is connected to Venus, to whom she applies, I would not regard Venus as being joined to Mars.

Quote: “... The moon would be significator of my resources ...???
I do not see how: if you were to assign to yourself the radical first, the cusp of which is in Scorpio, then Jupiter would represent your financial resources or money, since the cusp of the radical second is in Sagittarius. If you were to assign to yourself the radical seventh, the cusp of which is in Taurus, then Mercury would represent your financial resources, since the cusp of the radical eighth (second from the radical seventh) is in Gemini."

Quote: “... the conclusion was reached three months after the horary."

May I ask what the outcome was?

Regards
KevinM

Hi KevinM
Thanks for your elucidations
So the events as followed from the horary, was as I stated previously, that slightly over 3 months later,the representatives of the company decided that they will honour their original decision & not award redundancy payment but as a result of her representing herself awarded to her a gift equivalent to the redundancy total.So effectively she won the financial package which she decided to fight for.
I had intuited the result from glancing at the chart & told her to fight as she will win the case in three months as the moon connects with Venus,& this is exactly how it happened.

With the seventh house cusp close to Algol she was loosing her head over the matter & could not think of anything else during proceedings for there was much going one way then another & nothing was on stable ground as is shown by Neptune conjunct IC & venus,Infact the verdict of a gift is very Neptune in Pisces on 4th cusp the end of the Matter.
The connection of Mars[to fight] with moon seperating and connecting to Venus in its exaltation on the 4th [end of matter] & the proximity of Alderbaran to all this swung it for me.
As J Frawley says in his horary book sometimes you don't need to look far to get the answer to a chart.
So now I am analysing the chart & in retrospect trying to use traditional techniques in greater detail to try to enhance my understanding of traditional astrology in the process
So now having the result of this horary I invite the forum to enlighten me using traditional astrology.
It seems one thing I have found is that Regiomontanus seems to work better in horary.