Next job?

[/url]

So, I am actively looking for a new job when suddenly, an ad on a job board came up for a professional position with a company that is in my home town and within my past experience. I would think I am perfect for the position, So I asked "Will ABC company be my next job"

Background: I have been unemployed since end of March and haven't had one interview. I had hoped secretly that this job would come about, but of course, it was a long shot that a single opening would happen.

The Chart. L, Me is ruled by Venus in the 12th, under sun beams, but is separating from the sun. Things are getting better. L10, ABC co is ruled by the moon in the eighth. The position here may show the sudden or unexpected opening for this important key position in the company.

There are no aspects between the company and me, however, Saturn appears to be collecting light, but by square's. There may be some opportunity here but it may come with some struggle?

Finally, There are some dignities in the chart with ABC co in Term with me and me in face with ABC co.

I'm thinking I get the job, but with some struggles. Don't know what the struggles may be, but thats my read. Any others?

Hello - my quick take on this chart is that there is strong essential dignity for Moon and Venus but both are accidentally debilitated. This would suggest you are a good candidate who is likely to be overlooked during the hiring process. Unless maybe the subject matter fits these difficult houses and Algol in some way?

Essential dignity would show your qualifications but in a job question, such as explained in Deb's horary tutorial, accidental dignity is sometimes even more important in a matter like this because an accidentally dignified planet has power in the question and possibly luck. An essentially bad planet that is accidentally strong would be like someone who gets a job but does not necessarily deserve it- they are lucky to get it or are in the right place at the right time. An essentially dignified planet that is accidentally poor is like a person who deserves a job but is unlucky at securing one.

It is possible this represents hardship and delay, but as you said, there is also no indication of perfection, other than possibly Saturn but Saturn is stationary and also the greater malefic, where nothing comes easy. When a planet is stationary or retrograde, it is more likely to return light than to lead to perfection and seems to support disappointment or a reversal, such as deciding to turn down the job even if offered. However, a planet that is not moving (much) can also just suggest delay. I have Saturn stationary in natal though and personally do not see much of a difference between it and a retro movement. If anything, it might be more difficult (IMO).

Moon is also with Algol in the 8th. Algol is the most unfortunate star in the heavens, supposedly. Moon is applying to trine Sun, intercepted 10th house lord, but both are from difficult houses. Jupiter in the 2nd with ascendant ruler applying could suggest another job that works out better. The 2nd can sometimes represent employment too and is analyzed in natal traditional charts for employment.

I am not sure how helpful this horary question is other than to say it would be difficult to get this job. I personally do not think everything is fated to be a certain way, although this chart may suggest you don't have much control over the outcome, given that both the Moon and ascendant lord do not aspect the ascendant and are in unfortunate houses.
Last edited by Tanit3333 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I did not notice Saturn being stationary. Bummer. As I said, I was secretly hoping this company would need this position because I am very qualified for this management position.

On to the next one I guess

Tanit3333 wrote: Jupiter in the 2nd with ascendant ruler applying could suggest another job that works out better. The 2nd can sometimes represent employment too and is analyzed in natal traditional charts for employment.
Sorry, just re-read the answer and noticed this tid bit. Ironically, some hours later in the day, I was provided with another opportunity, same title with a different company, that I had applied for a year ago. Seems they hired a wrong person and they were just fired or left, so the position is open again.

Sent resume' over, and within an hour I was on the phone interviewing.

Good luck, Rookie. If the other job is Jupiter it would be much easier to get than this one.

My internet is very slow and I updated my other post because I accidentally said "accidental" at one point instead of "essential."

Rookie -horary is divination, not a perfect science and doesn't spell everything out for us. Jupiter tends to represent opportunities and from the 2nd with asc lord it is just saying another opportunity. Sag can lord the sciences in general, certainly.

Just an update. I received a call from ABC Company late yesterday and have a phone interview this morning. Also, I interviewed with another company 3 times and took a leadership evaluation exam last week.

ABC Co fit's into my recent work experience very well and XYZ Co feels like it will be a very challenging enviroment to work at.

Given these events I will re-evaluate the chart. If anyone else or even Tanit would like to offer any other thoughts please do so

So interviewed with ABC co, and it is likely I will be overlooked despite being very qualified because the Pay scale for the position is about half of my pay with my last employers.

Tanit nailed it again