James wrote:
Are monthly profections a moving method of profections to you?
A "moving" profection means that there is computation involved, so that the degrees and/or signs of natal planets are changed. By "moving" I'm just trying to distinguish between the Hellenistic method of advancing through natal houses every 12 years and a later method where computation is used to change the degrees and signs of planets.

For example in the "directed profection" you used for Komilla's marriage year, the ascendant is in Aquarius. But the fixed natal profected ascendant for that year is Capricorn with Saturn in the 11th house. (No sign changes from the natal chart.)

You have directed profected Saturn in Sagittarius. (But its fixed natal position is Capricorn.)

You have directed profected Jupiter in Capricorn. (But its fixed natal sign is Aquarius.) And so on....By computation planets have been moved from their natal sign and degree.

I have yet to understand what Abu Ma'shar means by "monthly profections" as he uses monthly increments for the solar return. It might be a semantic problem. Ben Dykes mentions how combining many factors as Abu Ma'shar does is very confusing even to Abu Ma'shar himself. Anyhow I haven't studied this part of the book yet. I only mentioned that specifically in the Profections section of the Introduction, Dykes doesn't mention "moving" profections.

In "fixed" Hellenistic profections, we count through the houses, but make no changes at all in natal degrees and signs of planets. (Fixed isn't a good term for these profections. Counting or advancing are better terms.)
what i am extrapolating in the idea of this data moving forward not only an an annual, or monthly basis - as outlined in the book, but also on a daily basis..
I have no problem at all with that. It's just that this is a departure from the original Hellenistic profection method which didn't use monthly or daily increments.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Thanks AJ for interesting exercise.

Marriage is perfectly logical by many means, but I got distracted by all moon stuff there.

As Therese says saturn as major dasha is 11th lord. This house is one of the possible marriage houses as fulfiller of desires. Then mercury as 7th lord running the subperiod.

When it comes to varshaphala chart, I told in my post that there was an ithasala yoga (applying aspect, taijika arabian technique)between 1st lord and 7th lord. This is true from the muntha and the yearlord as well, if using their vantage point as lagna, which Charac in his books about Varshaphala is doing as a technique for corrobation.
This is also an applying aspect between venus and Mars adding to that. This is also mentioned in Charac's books is good for marriage years.
So it's quite clear cut in that chart.
I should have trusted that chart more. Valuable lesson....

But then the subperiod planet transiting the 4th house of mother and location seems to me to be pointing directly to these issues. It is quite usual otherwise that the subplanet transit is quite spot on many times....

Thanks...

Stefan wrote:
When it comes to varshaphala chart, I told in my post that there was an ithasala yoga (applying aspect, taijika arabian technique)between 1st lord and 7th lord.
Thank you, Stefan. It’s good to have the Varshaphala techniques to help with interpretation. Since astrologers who read these posts sometimes are not familiar with Varshaphal terms, I would like to ask some questions. But I will also note that although the astrology that made its way to India as the Varshapala, although this was Arabic era astrology, the Tajika techniques belonged to Persian astrologers. This distinction is important because even today there is bad feeling between people of Arab and Persian ancestry.
This is true [Ithasala yoga: applying aspect between 1st and 7th lords] from the muntha and the yearlord as well, if using their vantage point as lagna, which Charac [Charak] in his books about Varshaphala is doing as a technique for corrobation.
So the Varshaphal uses the western aspect of sextile, 60 degrees between planets, even though this aspect belongs only to Saturn in Parashara astrology? (SR Venus, 7th lord is sextile Mars, 1st lord)

The Muntha is the same as the profected western ascendant, Capricorn for Komilla’s marriage year, correct?

Applying aspect from Muntha: What are these two planets in applying aspect?

Year Lord: Are you using Saturn (Muntha lord) for year lord? Or another planet? From this vantage point, what are the 1st and 7th lords?

Thank you, Stefan. So many details to remember in astrology!
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

So the Varshaphal uses the western aspect of sextile, 60 degrees between planets, even though this aspect belongs only to Saturn in Parashara astrology? (SR Venus, 7th lord is sextile Mars, 1st lord)
Yes Varshaphala uses the Taijika aspects. The sextile is called seen or called planets in 3/11th relationships to each other. This is seen as "Secretly friendly"These aspects are also often used in prashna (horary astrology).
The Muntha is the same as the profected western ascendant, Capricorn for Komilla’s marriage year, correct?
Yep
Applying aspect from Muntha: What are these two planets in applying aspect?
Muntha is capricorn. seeing muntha as an ascendant we get saturn as 1st lord and Moon as 7th lord.
Moon is 8 degrees sagittrius. Saturn is 18 degree Libra. So moon (7th L) is applying to saturn (1st L) by 3/11th aspect (sextile).
Year Lord: Are you using Saturn (Muntha lord) for year lord? Or another planet? From this vantage point, what are the 1st and 7th lords?
The assigned Yearlord for this year in the Varshaphala is Mars due to being the planet a high Bala (strength) Being ascendant lord.
In this particular chart this is a nobrainer.

So if seeing the Yearlord as an ascendant; Mars becomes 1L and venus 7L. Applying to each other, again.....

So this is true from all vantagepoints.
Thank you, Stefan. So many details to remember in astrology!
Indeed ! :D