Planetdance - excellent freeware for the PC

I know that there have been a few mentions of this software before but I have just downloaded the latest version of Planetdance (SE 2.06) from:
http://jcremers.com/

This is an excellent freeware astrology program which unlike most others I have seen, does have a Print option (though it is somewhat eccentrically found on the Horoscope menu (not File menu).

It has a wide variety of chart drawing options, all the usual house systems and a very good selection of forecasting tools; an impressive astrocartography display as well.

You can easily get a very readable chart wheel and detailed aspect grid to print out.

So this easily becomes my go-to recommendation for new/student astrologers looking for a good piece of software whilst they save up their pennies to buy Solar Fire!

Good chance your students wont buy sf at all. I don't know that software very well but i hear people often complaining about it's user friendeliness and how they prefer planetdance. They can save their pennies, why buy overpriced software but for the hype?

Thanks

Hi Andrew - thanks for your positive comments about Planetdance. I work closely with Jean on the development of the software.

I have been a SF user for many years. However I have now switched completely to PD. One of the great benefits of Planetdance is the ability to write personalised scripts for the software. This is the way we have been able to extend the functionality of the program in the last couple of years. Jean has a number of volunteers who submit scripts and work on developments.

There are many techniques in the program that are not found anywhere else which makes it quite unique.

I am pleased that you are recommending the software for your students and new astrologers.

There's a user Facebook group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/planetdancesoftware/ where people can get tips and support.

All the best. Ed
"...the motions that are akin to the divine in us are the thoughts and revolutions of the universe."

Plato, Timaeus, 90.

Help File

Hi there - there's a huge amount of help built in to the program. It's usually in English and Dutch. The image below shows the help file for the Greek Horoscope module. Most of the stand alone scripts have their own helpfile.
I hope that clarifies that PD is designed for novices and the experienced alike.
"...the motions that are akin to the divine in us are the thoughts and revolutions of the universe."

Plato, Timaeus, 90.

Most of the classic/medieval/vedic modules in planetdance are done by Ed. The amount of documentation he put in there is amazing.

You can also do Search in the help to find topics of interest.

Sidereal

Hi Therese - yes - you can use all the main functions sidereally with a choice of ayanamsas. Planetdance uses Swiss Ephemeris, so all the functions that come with SE are included in the program. At the moment the Vedic module just uses the square chart format, with North, South and my own Neo-Vedic option.

Plato, Timaeus, 90.