phd supervisor

Amelia,
You are right. I thought that collection of light was sth like translation but in this case being acted out by a heavy planet. But yes, there must be application of both to the heaviest planet.
My concern for Jupiter has to do with the fear of past procrastination syndrome's (scholasticism of 6th house) backfiring and undermining my new effort. I hope this not be the case, as Jupiter R will return to a feeling of a jovial effusion... than to a compulsive disorder trap...
But again, I feel that the chart does not give a definitive positive answer, and my target will stay a wishful thinking (11th) :( I am struggling not to give up my project ...
Thank you for your help, Amelia!

Aelia :)

phd supervisor

Hello everybody!
Second cazimi in a row that leaves my buffled!
I erected a chart if a house that I intend to visit will be of my taste...
I am Saturn R and house Venus in mutual triplicity but with no aspect between them...
https://i.postimg.cc/QtbzwPS0/renting-house.png

Moreover, Saturn is dark, pitted, lame, 4th house void, lame, Venus void.
The interesting part is that the owner has 3 phds,including my field of studying, a brilliant academic and ready and willing to help me with phd, connections etc.

Please any idea is welcomed, what does Moon cazimi means being opposed to my Saturn?

My Asc conjuncts Part of Fortune on Vega... Although I did not ask whether the house be beneficial to my objective (phd) - I focused to the matter of liking as photos weren't so encouraging- does such beneficial possibility show up in cazimi Moon?
Shall I be fool rejecting this house for matter of taste, if it is destined to be crucial for my target?

Thanks in advance.
aelia

So, I modify my reading.
I am Saturn R and and new house is Moon, dignified enough and cazimi,but in late degree. No considerable reception between them and there is actually a powerful opposition...
I guess is a no nd cazimi not very helpful?
aelia

You are the first house Saturn and Jupiter
Current location 4th house Venus
Potential location 7th house. Moon and Sun
Moon last over Mercury in 6th - next to Sun, opposition SaturnR
-----------------
I would say, stay where you are and here is why
Using Lilly's Table for planet scores
You SaturnR (7) Jupiter (-9)
Current location Venus(11)
New location Sun (-7) Moon (4)
-----------------
As for Cazimi, Patrizia Nava explains this concept
http://www.astrologiaoraria.com/cazimi.html

"So, who is correct in his definition of cazimi? Sahl, who allows a whole degree for the partile conjunction with the Sun to be defined as cazimi, or Bonatti, who is much more exacting and prescribes 16’ from the Sun, both in longitude and in latitude? Or even William Lilly, who requires 17’ from the centre of the solar disc, but merely in longitude?"
Your Cazimi here is not a true Cazimi as per Bonatti and there are conflicting views on this. You are Cazimi by longitude but not by latitude (Sun 0N00 and Moon 2N33) Maybe I am wrong but I have not come up to a final decision on this.

Your current location Venus seems more comfortable with a good score (11) in his own bound and in the 5th (joyful) in Triplicity of Venus and Saturn.
Plus ASC conjunct Fortuna and Vega, a lucky star of generosity and practicality.

The move seems uncertain and changing. Waning Moon, dignified by sign ahd house would make the changes even more important and approaching the opposition of SaturnRL1 (you would regret it). And the Moon is in the Detriment of SaturnRL1. And Sun/Moon are in the degree of the Nodes.
I like the approach of Anthony Louis, when he says of the Nodal degree, instead of catastrophes, something 'unexpected, not customary, or different from the habitual way things have been happening up to that point".

In fact, the owner Moon cazimi SunL2, turned chart at the end of the sign shows he is about to enter important financial changes which would impact your move.

Hope this will be helpful,
Ouranos
Blessings!

phd supervisor

Ourane,

your analysis is absolutely on the spot. I am too puzzled about cazimi - I fantasized something good was about, since it is the second cazimi concerning at least indirectly of course, my phd process, but opposition does not seem auspicious, either.

I agree with current home Venus, but Uranus is quite powerful (angle) there, causing unrest and a discomfort feeling... that pushes me to run away...

I guess nodal degree affects Saturn R too, but in a slower rythm, I guess..

Thank you, Ourane for your lenghty description :)
aelia

Just a dumb question (from a retired academic) but won't you have to get other professors to sign off on a change of supervisor (departmental graduate advisor, and on up the chain?)

If your current supervisor balks, can you go ahead with a change anyway?

Then a lot depends on your field. On the more scientific side, it is expected that graduate students will be working on a supervisor's larger (externally funded) project as research assistants.

Then how far along are you in your required coursework, residency, comprehensive exams (if required,) and dissertation proposal defense?

I'm not seeing much coordination between your key significators (1st, 9th, 10th houses.) The moon in its fall does apply to a sextile to Jupiter in its fall, so a change may not necessarily put you in a stronger position.

phd supervisor

Hello Waybread,

I erected this chart, having in mind a radical change.
That is to say, I have the right to ask my university writing of my candidacy and request to a new university from scratch. As you can see, I choose the hardest possible way...

I appreciate your contribution to my chart analysis.
As I said before, I feel trapped in a strong wishful thinking (11th) the practical dimension of which is undermined by external conditions, my projections, my phobias, etc.

Thank you waybread.
aelia

phd supervisor

I just wonder if the translation of light of Mercury from Sun to Mars (applying square 8 orbs) can define time of successful completion of phd.
8 months (succedent house -11th, mutable sign) it's absolutely irrational...
Any help is welcomed!
aelia