soul's mission in horary

I need some help, some insight from members

How would you approach a horary chart for the question "What is my soul's purpose in this life?"
I know that natal astrology is probably a better tool, but since we love horary more, I think we should stand up to this horary challenge and try to delineate these charts.
There must be a way, I'm sure of it. It also has to have an inner logic.

I've put up an announcement on a site, that I take horary questions on spiritual issues, as a challenge, but I'm not sure how to delineate them though. There were two questions so far:
One is phrased: "Why am I here? What is my purpose in this life?"
The other one is phrased: "What is my soul's urge?"

What could be a significator for the higher self, that is the soul, of the querent?
* Should the normal ruler of the ASC be used?
* How about the dispositor of the ASC ruler?
* Could the exaltation ruler of the ASC sign be it? One horary has Leo rising, so there is no such exaltation ruler.

In a such horary, the quesited house seems to be the 1st house, since the inquiry is turned towards the querent himself, who wishes to learn more about his soul and its mission.

Could the 9th house of a such chart represent the higher meaning of the querent's life, like the soul mission in life?

In natal astrology there is this cliche to look at the North Node as the indicator for the souls' purpose in life. (don't misunderstand my using of the term cliche here, but it's so common). In horary, we cannot use the North Node by sign, as it moves so slowly and all such questions would have the same answer.

Should we try to use/invent an Arabic Part for this? (I'm not a fan of Arabic Parts)

Please share your views on this subject.

Many thanks!

siraxi

Interesting Question.

One can use 9th house for questions of divination, but is the person asking, what I'm I supposed to be doing with my life? vocational, or are they asking an a-vocational type question? in either case I think you are right ot look to the 9th... completely from left field my own response to that question doesn't require a horary. And it annoys some people but here it goes any way

"You are a spiritual being, you dont need to learn how to be a spiritual being, you are here to learn how to be a corporeal being. What it means to love and hate and hurt and be exhilerated and what fear is and how to overcome your fears, in short, things that are obscenely foreign to a spiritual being."

that is one of my more evil concepts I'm told.

I am one of those horrible beings who gets disgusted by those who want to divorce themselves from life, who think that of the body is less devine. I think they have it completely opposite from the reality. That of the body, is the point. You dont need to learn how to be a spiritual being you are one, and always will be. You seriously need to learn how to be a decent physical being though... so few seem to get that. I think Christopher Reeves had some revelations in that regard.

okay that's it for thoughts from the sick and twisted Granny.

Thanks Granny. Good answer.

So, focus is then on the 1st house and its ruler, representing the Querent as a whole, body and soul, with insight on the spiritual meaning of the Querent's life shown by the 9th house of wisdom.

that would be my take on it, you might also look to see who the ruler of the 9th contacts, if there are contacts between 9th ruler and 10th for instance, their vocation and avaocation may be entwined.

Granny

I'd look at the whole chart to see where the emphasis lies, as reading a natal chart. For instance if there are several palnets in the 7th, your soul's purpose may be to learn from one-to one relationships and the aspects will show the challenges and suitable approaches to tackle the issues. Having written all this, the question seems to produce more answers reading your own natal chart, rather than a horary becuase I believe the purposes are written in the natal chart . A horary chart may be more suitable for indicating purposes or challenges in your current situations.

Please buy Jeffrey Wolf Green's Pluto: The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul. It will answer all your questions. The Soul's intent is represented by Pluto, its house position, the moon's nodes, their signs, and the aspects to them. I'm sure you'll be astounded by what you learn.
Memphis Astrology

The Soul's intent is represented by Pluto, its house position, the moon's nodes, their signs, and the aspects to them
In which case it looks like I'm destined for a life of sexual deviance, having it all in the 8th squaring Venus in the 11th! :lol:

I'll have to read it; I'm intrigued!

Oh, I'm very complicated. :lol: Pluto in Virgo and Uranus in Libra are posited in the 8th. Pluto squares my Sun and Venus (11th). The Nodes are across the 1st/th axis (North Node in the 1st), in Pisces. Both square my Venus. I do have a nice sextile between Pluto and Neptune. Such a rich fantasy life I have. :brows

But I always thought the Sun was the significator for the soul's journey in life; isn't the Sun the expression of the Ego? Or are we talking about Id and Superego instead, with Pluto?

No, we're talking about the soul. The ego changes from lifetime to lifetime. The soul is eternal. It takes on a new ego with each life - one that will help it accomplish what it has come here to do. There are only two desires in the world: one is to unite with The Source; everything else is to separate from it.

I'm a little confused about your chart. If Pluto is in the 8th, and your south node is conjunct your DSC, they can't both square Venus. Can you clarify, please?

If you don't understand about the Bardo, I'll set you up with this:

http://blography-of-southern-writer.blo ... d-all.html

Then you should get a taste for some of what you'll find in Jeff's book (what a brilliant and gifted man!) by reading this:

http://blography-of-southern-writer.blo ... adder.html[/url]
Memphis Astrology