Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Inquiries Pertaining to Friend, 7th or 11th?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draco

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Inquiries Pertaining to Friend, 7th or 11th? Reply with quote

When making an inquiry pertaining to, 'the other person', should this person be especially found in the eleventh house? I tend to think not.

As the 'other person', I would simply use the seventh, unless of course the inquiry pertains to the nature of the friendship itself, i.e: 'Is X still friend's with me?': querent first, X seventh, friendship eleventh.

I would distinguish between the friend (7) and the friendship (11).

I suppose this is like the fifth being seen as the casual lover, instead of more appropriately distinguishing between the person (7), and that which transpires between them (5).

Inquiries about 'a friend' I would see in the seventh as 'other'. Inquiries about a group of friends in the eleventh, because they cannot be defined as an individual, i.e: 'Will my friend's call round?': querent first, friends eleventh.

Inquiries about 'a friend' is a seventh house matter, inquiries about friends as a group or about friendship itself as the eleventh.
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Draco

I just made a response in other thread on this point, whilst you were posting this. Here's what I wrote there:

Quote:
you really need to think through what your relationship with this woman is – or what you are hoping it to be. If in doubt, then because this query is focused on the possible meeting between you and another person, I would signify that ‘other person’ by the 7th house and its ruler. In any event, it is wise to consider the 7th house in any matter that concerns your ability to form a relationship with another. If the 7th house is afflicted, even in a ‘friendship matter’ it suggests that there will be some kind of division between you.

So I obviously agree with you to some extent, although I wouldn't discount the main signification of a friend from the 11th house, if it is clear that the relationship is purely seen as a social friendship.
###

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the focus is on 'you'. If the focus is 'You'; if the question concerns 'You'; if the source of discomfort and uncertainty is 'You', it's the 7th house. If you stand out from the weak-ass [sorry] houses off to the side by facing me straight on with an issue, you are 7th house and opposing me. We have an axis.
kurgal

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad the experts agree Very Happy because this is what I've been doing for a while i.e. using the 7th house to signify the "other" in relationship horaries, including friends.

I would only use the 11th House for a not-too-intimate social acquaintance (maybe). However, even then, I would also want to take a look at the 7th house and its significator.

Usually, the very fact that a horary is being cast pertaining to an individual, normally means there is a large degree of emotional investment in the person and in the question. So it makes sense to me to use the 7th House to indicate this very significant "other."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: