What[s happening in the near future to me? (3/4 months)

Hello:

I was up today on July 04, 2007 at 3:51 a.m. ESt and asked the question, what is happening in the near future to/for me? from Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

I put up a chart at 13 Gemini was rising with Mercury rx at 3 Cancer in the first house. The second house, of the future, had 8 Cancer on the cusp with the Sun just inside at 11 Cancer and the Moon at 28 Aquarius in the 10th house conjunct Neptune at 21 Aquarius and the North Node at 8 Pisces .

I am not sure what this means, except I am thinking about my future and idealistic about my career? Any other ideas or thoughts?
Sandra B

My thought is that it is unwise to ask such a vague question, without knowing what you are asking or how to answer your own question. In fact Sandra, the policy of this forum is that you should not post your own question if you are not capable of leading the discussion on what the chart means. (Please read the announcement headed ?please read before posting questions in this forum? at http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=945 )

You are a self-confessed beginner, and it is not a good idea to learn more about yourself from a poorly understood astrological technique, or to learn more about horary purely through your own perspective. If this question is important to you then I?d recommend that you think through the basis of your anxiety and consider consulting with an experienced practising astrologer. To get a better grasp of horary it is best if you distance that study from your own particular issues for a while. There are many resources to get you started in the horary section at http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary.html and it is definitely worth investing in one of the modern textbooks on horary astrology, most of which include all the basics of technique and enough details to give you a good grounding on what kind of questions can be answered and the approach that should be taken. You may need to revise a lot of your current way of thinking. For example, the comment that the 2nd house is ?of the future? in unfounded in horary technique.

Hi SandraB,

Deb is right. I'm a fairly well-practiced student, but I STILL have trouble reading my own 'personal' charts. I just can't seem to detach from them enough to garner any sense from them.

Deb didn't mention the horary tutorial on this site, but it is _extremely_ helpful to run through it. It's easy to do and understand, and the bonus is that you can re-do the tests as many times as you want! :lol:

Grab yourself a copy of Christian Astrology (or download the free one from the resources page on this site); I'd also recommend a peek at Frawley's 'The Horary Textbook' as it's written in simple, easy-to-understand language, which is great after trying to translate Lilly's 17th century English.

Best,
GH :)

Hello:

I would like to point out that there is a very similiar question asked in Ivy-Jacobson's well known horary astrology text under second house qestions. I don't think of the question as being that vague, especially with aspects (the applying trine between the Moon and Mercury) narrowing down the answer. However, I can't lead the discussion. :(

Maybe my question should be, If I shart studying horary, will it come to anything?" or should I go back to school for more education and if so what? 8:55 EST Wat, ON Canada

Sandra B :)

hi SandraB--

I agree with Deb and Gunhilde, regarding personal horaries. One has to be cautious in casting one own horary with specific query. You have asked another question in this thread, which i know you were joking, but one has to treat horary with respect. :shock:

The idea that 2nd house signifies the future is an unfortunate extrapolation of astrological geomancy rule. This was done by Geomanciers who were eager to apply the rules of Geomancy on horary astrology, which was not correct.

In our side of the world. Muslim Persian, Indian, Muslim Arab and African countries. The practice of horary was taken side by side with that of Astrological geomancy. Astrological geomancy is very similar in nature to horary astrology and is known by the name of Ramal. Ramal is infact horary astrology but in which you dont need to cast a horoscope showing planetary positions but i am reluctant to equate ramal to I Ching.

In Geomancy or ramal there are no planets but symbols which represent planets. But a Geomancier has no advantage of moving planets. So, 2nd house from any house tells us about the future affairs of the house. Let us suppose first house would tell about the present general conditions and general fortune of an individual and the second house would tell us about the future of the first house affairs.

I would give you the essence of the two pages of the book at my disposal in relation to your query.

-L1---Condition of L1 (strengths and weaknesses) and see the strengths, weakness and aspect which it makes with an applying aspect with the another planet.

-Moon--Condition of Moon (strengths and weaknesses) and see the strengths, weakness and aspect which it makes with an applying aspect with the another planet.

The future aspects of L1 and Moon are infact the future.

You say that Moon makes a trine aspect with Mercury. So, we have to keep in mind that Mercury is unfortunate cause he is Rx. So, your future condition is Mercury Rx (note its house position and the house he rules)

I hope it helps.
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

To clarify Sandra, and to emphasise this point for the sake of others, if you are not able to make some judgement on the chart yourself you should not post details of your question here.

The policy explained in the instruction for posting is very clear. I include the comment ?this horary board is for discussion amongst horary practitioners and committed students?.

I embolden it like that to stress that the forum is for members whose interest is in judging horary questions, rather than asking them on personal issues with no commitment to creating an interpretation.

This is a policy that I want to keep maintained in this forum, so everyone needs to be aware that in future when questions appear like this, with just a few chart details and no descriptive interpretation, the post will be removed without explanation.

Hi Deb:

Your posting hurts my feelings since it was painfully clear the first time you said:
\
In fact Sandra, the policy of this forum is that you should not post your own question if you are not capable of leading the discussion on what the chart means. (Please read the announcement headed ?please read before posting questions in this forum? at http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=945 )
I am not sure why you are clarifying and emphasizing this for others on my posting, but I do know that you are saying that you don't want people to post questions at all-not just the details-that they are not able to judge themselves or lead a discussion on.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Sandra

Hi SandraB,

I of course cannot speak for Deb, but from my POV the source of pique is the question itself. 'What is happening in the future for me?'-type questions relegate horary astrology to your common, garden-variety 'daily newspaper horoscope' sort of astrology, which it is most definitely not! The reason being: in horary, there has to be a *reason* as to why you ask a question, and a reason as to why the answer is important. Otherwise, you may as well ask a fortune cookie. Sure, in horary you can ask whatever you want, but in truth there are some questions that are 'better' than others.

If, for example, you are unemployed and ask this 'future' question, there is a reason why you are asking: you need a job. Or if you are sick, you might ask the 'future' question because you are looking at whether you will get better or not. Or if you are dating and want to get married, etc. etc. That sort of thing.

The trouble with 'what is happening in the future for me', from a horary POV, as opposed to a natal astrology POV, is that we are dealing with the concept of 'Free Will'; in other words, you have agency in your own life, so what your life brings is that which you are busy creating. And chances are, if you ask a horary chart this sort of question without the commensurate experience to understand your own underlying motives, you will get an answer in the realm of 'You are confused', or 'Not enough information', or 'You already know the answer!'. Seriously. Horary charts are very dry.

I can speculate that Deb has been so vehement about you participating in your own chart because your question, in its current context, amounts to what we horarists would consider to be 'idle speculation', much like, 'Hmm, I wonder what I'll have for dinner tonight?'. Well, what do you want to have? This may not be the spirit in which you asked it, but horary astrology is a rather weighty tool to use when you are seeking something to make your plans for you!

Please don't allow this to put you off exploring horary. It is a huge and fascinating subject, and the more you practice, the more you get out of it, and the more you are able to formulate questions (and answers) that other people are willing to participate in! Get the basics down first; try the tutorials, practice on some of the other charts until you *see* them, and then have another go if you still want to. Horary has many 'rules' but gets simpler the more you do it.

Also, speaking from personal experience, this particular website (which I consider to be one of the best on the Web :wink: ) has a huge number of -very advanced- students, and the rest are at least of intermediate level or very dedicated beginners. There are some other astrology forums that have larger numbers of absolute beginners and 'barely begun' students, with whom you might find a great deal of support without feeling so lost in the horary 'lingo'. http://www.astrologyweekly.com is one of them. I 'play' a lot there, too, and use that site mostly for practice. For the really tricky questions, difficult to judge charts, and existential questions for which I can seem to find no answer, I come here. :D

Best,
GH :)

Sandra, I am sorry if my post seemed harsh, but I wanted to be clear because even after posting my first response you did the very same thing again (that is, post another set of data with no attempt to interpret yourself). I chose to emphasise the point here because this does happen with other people, but mainly when they are new to the forum. You have been an intermittent member for over 3 years, and have made frequent postings of your questions, so I want to avoid past problems, not cause new ones.

The announcements on what and how to post are designed to avoid embarrassment and hurt feelings, and they explain why the policies exist better than I can do in each individual response. To spare the prospect of the forum descending into a chaos of questions being asked that cannot be attended to and won?t generate informative discussion, I would rather take a black and white approach to this. Unfortunately I will seem curt at times, as would any moderator.

Deb