LACK OF THE AIR ELEMENT

All,

I've been looking at a chart for a very well known radio personality talk back host. This man has been on our radio stations for more than 50 years! He will retire from broadcasting November 30, 2007.

His chart data: August 08, 1935 no time, Wau New Guinea. He gave the listeners some data a few year ago: 'I am a Leo and I have Leo rising'! I heard this myself otherwise I would not offer this info. He is situated in Sydney mainly for his broadcasts - moved to Australia before or during WWll. Married 3 times - now happily to 3rd wife for many years.

Surprise is he has no AIR in his chart! Amazing really - and he has certainly compensated for this lack of Air over the years. He has been said to have Golden Tonsils - Taurus Mid-Heaven...<g>! He sure has made some money from his voice! He speaks to the public via a Golden Microphone and sits in a Mink covered chair broadcastrng from Gods Great Garden - if you please! His words. Just spins me out...lol. :)

Julie K

Hello Julie,

Golden Tonsils' chart has Sun conjunct Mercury (planet of chat-shows and radio ad-breaks), which more than makes up for any lack of air. Also 10th House ruler Venus sits in the second - happily raking in the cash - in Virgo. Queen Moneybags may be in detriment in Virgo, but Venus is happy and at home in the second house, and, being in Virgo, she also has links to the conversational mind of Mercury. The Sun-Mercury conjunction also has a tight T square to Jupiter, planet that Mercury bounces off its airways, and to mass appeal (the T square comes from Jupiter conjunct Mars opposite electrical and transpersonal Uranus).

If we take a sunrise chart, his Mars-Jupiter-Moon conjunction sits in the 3rd. In psychological astrology, planets that occupy elementally designated houses, such as the 3rd with Air, are also influenced by that element.

Of course, it is also possible that Golden Tonsils could have a very late Leo Rising (possibly putting Regulus on the Asc?), then would he feasibly have Gemini midheaven? The three 3rd house planets would remain.

Interestingly, he is retiring when the Moon (the public) is in Leo, sitting on his Sun - Mercury. Don't you think he'll be back with the Mars in moon ruled Cancer now in retrograde?

Lack of Air in Chart

Laura,

I always appreciate others comments on charts and I thank you for your post. The chart owner earns upwards of more than $6 million a year, due to sponsorships etc. and is a philanthropist helping those that battle through life due to ill health, lack of money etc.

Will he be back? Yes in some ways I beleive he will be as he admits he will miss his broadcasting days and at 72 it isnt over yet! :) He plans to travel and write but he's not exactly a background person. He has had several books published in recent years.Mercury is hi Oriental planet rising before his Leo Sun.

You can pick him up in Wikipedia - John Laws or 'Lawsie' to Aussies.

Julie K

My Brother has no Earth but if you met him you'd be surprised as he seems a really practical sort of guy.

I think people who lack an element are so desperate about it that they go into denial and spend their whole lives trying to fill the void.

Of course you could have a lot of fun with somebody like that, ie just pretend to be totally useless practically.

Because although they NEVER stop I think they are desperate for somebody to help them fill the void.

Funnily I've only got one Fire planet and when I meet somebody with out any passion I start to get pretty nervous.

That includes the 55M people who live south of the border :brows

= picking a fight does seem to be one way to turn up the gas.

Thanks again JulieK you've helped me see something I hadn't noticed about myself before.

Too much fire threatens because I have Mars in Leo on the 12th so I feel overwelmed and imprisoned and too little makes me feel that mine might go out if it's left by itself.

I've heard Astrologers say that understanding the Elements is where it's at.

Anybody got any good references on Elements that I could read up on?

H.
Last edited by Yikkes! on Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yikkes!

Lack of An Element

Yikkes,

I've just done a chart interp for a woman who was born in Egypt, has a Sag Moon, Scorpio Sun - mother is Greek and father French. First thing I noted was the lack of earth and a VOC Moon in 1st. She was truly amazed she had no earth in her chart - she found this fascinating.

To her VOC Moon - her Grandmother raised her and any other woman who could help out! I dont know how she manages the lack of earth in her chart yet!

A good book is Astrology, Psychology and the Four Elements by Stephen Arroyo is one I recommend to your - may get it pre-loved.

Julie K

When there are no planets in Air, the personal urge is to experience the world at an "intellectual" level. This may be conceptual or factual or both and most often is both. Abstractions are examined and researched for factual conclusions. Facts are questioned for growth potentialities. This is the person for whom communication of ideas and thoughts operates as a constant.

The 'need to know or question' is a mighty force. The desire for academic experience is such that this lack is found in the charts of many gifted writers, as abstract concepts seem to be more easily accessed than "rational" and logical sequences of thought process. Also in those who dipped out in early education and may not have followed through to higher education.

This is the person who cannot be internally or emotionally satisfied without some sense of intelligent contact with the world. Socially, they orient towards conversation rather than activity. Some of these people might experience early learning dyslexia, because the mind is being forced into learning paradigms that are not natural to the temperament of the person.

They may have to overcome nervous twitches, many stutterers have 'no air', but the drive to overcome these impediments is such that the individual will often find a way to "short circuit" these difficulties. At an inner level, the person will tend to intellectualise and attempt to rationalise all their life experiences, and risk 'living in their heads". at the expense of feelings.

Rational "endings" or conclusions to the information flow are not necessary for fulfilment. What really matters is the curiosity and seeking of knowledge, not the factual conclusion. Compensating factors can be found in Cadent Houses and planets in Cadent houses and also in those houses with Air signs on the cusp even though they do not contain planets.

Similarly, no earth as the words imply, indicates the urge for "grounding" within the psychic make up of the individual. Consequently they take a practical, earth-oriented approach to life activities and can appear temperamentally pragmatic.

They may be very successful in practical pursuits or have trouble holding on to anything because despite an urge towards practicality, their dreams and ideals can be unattainable in real terms. What really matters, is not the result but the means by which they seek to attain results.

This personality needs to be consistently 'producing'. Such people can appear to constantly chase rainbows, be full of projects, concepts and ideas. It is a natural urge for them to give their ideas form and structure. In many ways it is essential to their well being that they do so.

Similarly they may achieve extremely high levels of material worth, be quite skilled and practical artisans, but may never end the quest for satisfaction in this regard. The hunger remains.

Internally there is a real hunger for security and substance in life and life takes on a pattern of searching for material security, often successfully, often unsuccessfully, but as the "gap" is never completely satisfied, the urging is constant.

Houses with Earth signs on the cusp, even though they do not contain planets will give an indication of where the person can "earth" themselves.

(c) Linda Reid from notes to student when I was running Canopus Academy of Astrology.

Hope it is helpful.
www.panplanet.com/