a question of timing

I've been trying to do some horary questions for practice and a friend suggested I try one for her, She's had a house on the market since November and the last deal that was on the table just fell through... so the question I asked today on the 18th of june 2004, in Los Angeles CA
at 8:12 am was, how long untile Heylene sells her old home...

I placed her as Taurus cusp (11th house) her house at turned fourth would be sun and then 7th would be the end of the matter? scorpio making the end of the matter mars? is this correct? then the Sun and mars are just about 30 degrees appart, the moon is between the sun and Mars and the ascendent of the whole chart is late at 28 of Cancer... I took this all as the house would sell very soon, as in it is very late in the matter? would that be correct? I did not really understand Frawley's article on timing very well and thought this might be another opportunity to go over the issue of timing??

any thoughts from you experts would be appreciated, and maybe some pointers as to if I was looking at this one properly? I've found it is much easier to look at a chart where you've already thrown out some pointers than to do it from scratch yourself. Also I find incidents easier to spot than possibilities??? if that makes sense...

I look forward to your thoughts,

Granny :???:

Timing

The way you phrased the question would have made me put Heylene in the 7th rather than the 11th. Maybe I am being to persnickety about details, but thats where I would have read it. I would then take the 10th as the house she is trying to sell. The 4th is the price of the home. The 1st becomes the buyer of her house.

Since there is a late ascendant, that would be a warning about reading the chart to begin with, but wouldnt you agree that it describes Heylene? A late ascendant or significator is anxious to move into the next sign, to a new state of being. It can also show her impatience to move on, or her discouragement in the matter. As Ivy Goldstein would say, " She's at the end of her rope!"

The property would be ruled by the 10th house ( 4th from the 7th ). Mars is the ruler in the 12th in a critical degree and in its fall. My question would be, what are the issues with her property? Perhaps there's something that is turning off potential buyers? The Moon in bad aspect to the 10th cusp ( the 4th from the 7th ) can show difficulty in closing the deal or there will be additional expenditure that will be incurred by Heylene.

The price of the property is ruled by the 4th ( the 10th of the 7th of Heylene ). The ruler Venus is Rx and peregrine. Now, from what I understand, that's not too good! :-T I sometimes have a hard time understanding peregrine...guess I have a mental block concerning it. I do know the typical definition is like a nomad..wandering with really nowhere to go. Now, being that Venus rules the price of the property and being retrograde, could that mean that Heylenes property is a bit overpriced? Wouldn't the chart be indicating that she may need to budge a bit on the price. Do you know why the previous buyer pulled out of the deal?

I am trying to understand the meaning of the planet the Moon last passed over. You should be able to put together a story of events that lead to the question. Also, the last aspect the Moon will pass is a conjunction to Mars, ruler of Heylenes 4th ( her house ).

I know I am leaving some stuff out, and I hope Deb or another with more delineation experience will fill in my gaps if I am even on the right road here!!!

As for timing, wouldn't we want to look to the significators of the seller ( in this case Saturn ) and the buyer ( even though there isn't one right now ) the buyer being in this case ruled by the Moon? Would we determine time by taking the difference in degree ( in this case 8 ) and being that they are in Cardinal signs and a Cadent house, would that translate to a time frame of 8 weeks ( Aug 13, 2004 ) to 8 months? I think 8 months would be excruciating for Heylene!!! Or, would we time this by using the buyers significator ( Moon at 6 degrees Cancer ) and taking the degree difference to Mars 26 Cancer ( Also a significator in a critical degree ) Mars being the property she is selling? In this case, there is a 20 degree difference. Being Cardinal and Cadent this might be 20 weeks or ( heaven forbid! :-sk ) 20 months from now? Blech!

I think the issue that makes this hard for me to be sure of on the timing of it is I am not sure what significators we are looking at to come together to make this a done deal.

Heck, if worse comes to worse, she could take her house off the market...consult a real good electional astrologer and pick a good time to re list it!

I would appreciate anyone picking apart how I went about reading this, and critiquing how I did, and if I was even on the right road.

That was my stab anyways, hoping to hear from all of you!

Juli

Excuse my plain speaking but I?m getting tired of looking up time-zones, so I?ve pretty much decided to ignore posts where the time zone and ascendant degree isn?t confirmed.

To get a good chart where someone is asking about someone else?s business is often difficult unless there is a powerful emotional impression upon the querent. For example, the astrologer asking if her friend had committed murder is quite dramatic and powerful. But we have confusion here over who even asked the question ? the friend who suggested the practice or the astrologer who was keen to ask a question. It smacks of asking a horary for the sake of it so, considering the late ascendant, I?m wary of attaching too much significance to it.

Sorry :(

multiple answer/questions

Stars N You... question, why would you put her in the 7th, she is my friend, not spouse, or significant other or party to a conflict?

Deb, Actually this is rather an ongoing question as Heylene had asked me earlier about transits, which is why I decided the question was late and not necessarily that judgement was not possible. earlier in the year I told her to wait for Jupiter to turn direct because in her natal chart the retrograde was difficult all round, sure enough, jupiter became direct and she started getting interested parties. When I was discussing this site with my friend she eagerly suggested I try a horary, I told her I dont understand this format very well so dont hang your hat on anything I think I get out of doing one. the time and place should be accurate. I did the chart on astrodienst. My ability to interpret it... well now, that is another matter entirely... hopefully I can learn a thing or two from doing a few charts. Also however non-challant (sp?) my friend was about the question, it is a matter very dear to her. People dont always express the things they feel deeply with moans, and wringing hands. Most especially this woman does not. She is the veritable rock of gebraltor. :)

in any case thanks for your time.

Granny.

Timing

Hi Granny

I only put Heylene as the 7th house because of the way you phrased the question in your post. When all is said and done, I probably am all wet anyways. :-sk I feel for your friend, I know what it is like to try to sell a house in the LA area!!!

As for time zones, I understand what Deb is saying, I just ran the chart as I was taught. I already know what the time zone of LA is and ran the chart in Regiomontanus, thats probably why her ( granny ) ascendant had a different degree than mine did.

I was only taking a stab at it for the heck of it, I didn't mean to step on any toes.

Have a good day !

Juli

Hi Juli ? I didn?t mean to sound so discouraging, I just don?t want to get too far into this discussion because I?m not happy with a chart that has the ascendant at such a late degree (29.16 Cancer).
she eagerly suggested I try a horary
It sounds then, like your friend is the actual querent and should be assigned to the ascendant. Overall it?s a very disappointing chart and seems to be describing her anxiety over the lost sale. But the late ascendant could be indicating that it?s too late for you to offer practical help on this. With Mars on the ascendant, the Moon applying to Saturn and all that 12th house activity I can?t help thinking that the late degree rising is offering a warning not to interfere without a great deal of consideration.

Re timezones ? please just mention the time zone in use and the degree on the ascendant and then anyone else who looks at the chart knows they are working with the right data. It saves everyone a lot of time.

to StarsNyou,
I was not criticizing, merely asking, I did not mean to make you feel as though you are all wet. :) And as you see by Debs post, I did not place the houses correctly myself. thank you for looking at it and thinking about it with me.

to Deb,
I was trying to figure out why you were asking about the time zone when it occured to me that oh gee whiz not everyone knows automatically what time zone is attached to Los Angeles, Ca, I do appologize from now on either PDT or PST will be posted with other data...

I completely agree that this past sale opportunity is completely out of the picture, though I cant help but think the house has to sell eventually??? I suppose they could rent it out, but that was definitely why my thoughts were going toward an interpretation of 'gee, it must be going to sell very soon', rather than too late to give advice.

I will let you know how things work out so we can compare with the chart.
I will be interested to see what they decide to do with the house.

Granny