Bonatti on Moon in 12th

Some time ago an astrologer made reference to Bonatti stating that the moon in the 12th house was an indicator of the 'see-er' (spell?) - ie the mystic - of the family.
Also that a predominance of planets in the 12th is an indicator of lost and missing family.
Can anyone help by pointing me in the right direction to investigate this further?
many thanks
Ann
Ann

Moon in 12th

Don't have Bonatti in front of me, but here are two relevant comments

Have a client with Moon/Pisces/12th applying to Jupiter/Scorpio/8th. His maternal aunt (3rd from 10th = mother's sister or aunt) is a psychic. Native is a male.

In other charts of males I have seen with Moon in 12th, the Moon as significator of the wife is often hospitalized, ill, or similarly constrained. In fact I have seen so many of these I almost feel like telling any woman not to marry a man with Moon in 12th. And in these cases, there was no evidence that any of these Moon/12th-signified women were psychics or had other intuitive insights.

Whether or not the Moon in 12th can signify the 'family seer' consistently appears unlikely, given my rather brief survey. Appears to depend on the Moon's zodiacal state, to be read on a case-by-case basis.
Dr. H.
World Class Research in Medieval Predictive Astrology
www.regulus-astrology.com

I've made some statistical study about houses recently, and the 12th house does not seem to have any specific connection to mysticism, spirituality etc. Bonatti may have said something like this about Moon in the 12th but I wouldn't be sure about it, because in traditional astrology the 12th is considered rather unfortunate house both in East and West, and "unfortunate" in traditional thinking associates with materialism and being bondaged by sensual cravings. In Indian astrology the 12th is the house of "pleasures of bed". Usually it's only modern Western astrology that associates the 12th with spirituality and mysticism because of the assumed connection with the 12th and Pisces (and Neptune).

Some groups from AstroDatabank that I've studied that had a emphasized 12th house (many of the seven traditional planets there) were 655 pop singers, 1582 actors and 439 healers (containing psychologists, psychiatrists, therapists etc.). I've got a little group of 66 "mystical people" (personality: mystical) who are interested in UFOs, paranormal phenomenons, spirituality etc., and the most prominent houses with them were the 2nd, the 5th and the 10th. The Moon is most often in the 10th house when compared to a control group constisting of random data.

The house system I'm using here is Sripati (Hindu Bhava) which is like Porphyry (/Alcabitius) but the houses spread on both sides of their cusps so that the border between two houses is on the midpoint of their cusps. This is the house system that has given most interesting results in my studies, both quantitatively and qualitatively, when considering topical issues.

Hello everyone,

Since I have Moon and Mercury at 12 in Scorpio, I can only express my opinion about this position. In his writings Abu Alli Al-Kayyat, for ME and MO at 12 says:

"Mercury, [means that] the native wise philosopher and very smart. But if it is damaged, then angry, mad, searching for useless things or maybe the horse trader and a person who understands the four-legged animals and the like.

The moon, obstacles by the enemy and if it is damaged from Saturn, [indicating] incarceration and poverty, foul breath and body. But in a night birth, these evils will be alleviated."

But, given the natural statistical significance of this house, which is joy of SA, and that often means in practice great self-sacrifice and sacrifice by Natus, it is my opinion that people with planets in 12 road, much more sacrifice and give to others, waive some of their own needs in favor of others. 6 p. as the opposite of the field 12 "doctor" 12 is often the field of those who "nurture others." I do not think that this field has a connection with the spiritual abilities, but I think it has to do with the need for man to sacrifice and giving to others, because that way managed to fill the gaps and holes that feels due to an inability to connect to his own MO, which he is a aversion of the ASC.

Also, given that our ASC is birth, so the 12th some prenatal period, before the birth. In this context, MO at 12th has the characteristics of "immaturity" "infantilism", and often as not in accordance with the maturity of a person whose emotions are know to be a major problem due to excessive sensitivity and difficulties that are realistic and emotional analise. So, the emotion world is often unformed and immature, and our oun enemies, but also, I believe in these people's intuition is much higher than the rational part of personality.

Papretis wrote:I've made some statistical study about houses recently, and the 12th house does not seem to have any specific connection to mysticism, spirituality etc. Bonatti may have said something like this about Moon in the 12th but I wouldn't be sure about it, because in traditional astrology the 12th is considered rather unfortunate house both in East and West, and "unfortunate" in traditional thinking associates with materialism and being bondaged by sensual cravings. In Indian astrology the 12th is the house of "pleasures of bed". Usually it's only modern Western astrology that associates the 12th with spirituality and mysticism because of the assumed connection with the 12th and Pisces (and Neptune).

Some groups from AstroDatabank that I've studied that had a emphasized 12th house (many of the seven traditional planets there) were 655 pop singers, 1582 actors and 439 healers (containing psychologists, psychiatrists, therapists etc.). I've got a little group of 66 "mystical people" (personality: mystical) who are interested in UFOs, paranormal phenomenons, spirituality etc., and the most prominent houses with them were the 2nd, the 5th and the 10th. The Moon is most often in the 10th house when compared to a control group constisting of random data.

The house system I'm using here is Sripati (Hindu Bhava) which is like Porphyry (/Alcabitius) but the houses spread on both sides of their cusps so that the border between two houses is on the midpoint of their cusps. This is the house system that has given most interesting results in my studies, both quantitatively and qualitatively, when considering topical issues.
http://karmicrhythms.com/pe18.htm

Must try sripati :D