Prediction: Confirmation of Flight

Hi all,

I would like to deliver a prediction based on a real occasion.

Background:

I and a couple of colleagues will fly on the 15th of June 2008 to Milan/Italy from Istanbul for business.Reservation for the 18th is confirmed by the flight agency for return.But we prefer the 17th of June for return and we are on the wait list for that day.

I asked the heavens if we shall be able to return to Istanbul on the 17th of June. (Eskisehir/Turkey, 04 June 2008, 15:07hr, Regiomontanus)

This is a bit important for me because my work schedule and other appointments will be affected by the date of return.

Asc : 12d 28m Libra, so Venus and Moon signifies me, the querent.

L9: Mercury signifies the desired flight on the 17th of June, which is only possible if our reservation status turns to confirmed from waitlisted.

The chart makes sense as all significators are in the 9th house of travel. Plus Venus makes a partile trine to the Asc, implying relevance.

It could have been said "yes" because of emplacement but since all significators are somehow debilitated it is not so: Venus is peregrin and combust and chasing Sun to be even more combust, Mercury is retrograde and combust and coming closer to the Sun by retrograde motion, Moon is also peregrin and under the Sun's beams and in malefic term.

In addition, conjunction of Venus to Mercury is frustrated by Sun's joining to Mercury before Venus joins Mercury. This symbolises IMO that someone else (i.e Sun) gets the flight confirmed before us so that we miss the flight on the 17th and fail to return to Istanbul that day.

So I predict no, we won't be able to return to Istanbul on the 17th of June.

I will report the actual outcome when I'm back.

In the meantime I welcome your opinions of course.

Does anyone see any possibility of a "yes" by the way?

Cheers,
Sigma

Hi,

On June 12th I was informed that the flight of June-17th was confirmed which is contrary to what I predicted.

I'm quite surprised and frustrated that the rule of "frusturation" of Venus-Mercury conjunction didn't work for this case, where Mercury is retrograde and combust and Venus is peregrin and combust!

I really wonder why it didn't. Any explanation?

Sigma

A terminological correction is necessary. I realised that I kept referring to frustration but what actually happens in this chart is a bodily prohibition.In other words, an interposing Sun catches the retrograde Mercury before r-Mercury joins Venus.

Sorry for the misnaming but the essence of my surprise is still valid technically because prohibition is no less an impediment than frustration.

Sigma

Sigma
Thanks for reporting back. Good news for you, wasnt it?(you don't sound very pleased...)
You're right; the Sun doen't prohibit or impede here as a malefic would. Ruling the 11th, it might just mean that you were powerless in influencing the situation.
As you said
It could have been said "yes" because of emplacement
And also the sigs, though weak, do come together.

And this is what stumps me more often than not; which gives the positive answer, the aspect or the condition of the aspecting planets? It seems to me that in several cases in charts I've looked at, the aspect was there but the planets were in such bad condition (e.g. combust, as in the recent trend), nothing came of the query even though there were conjunctions.

Intriguing...
Gunhilde :)

Thanks for the contributions!

I'm back home.Let me report what happened: The airplane took off half an hour later than schedule on June 17.The pilot explained during take off that this was due to the air traffic in the Europan air space and he managed to make up for the delay during flight by landing no later than five minutes to schedule.

So, both impediments of the significators and the prohibition by the Sun in this horary caused no more than an insignificant delay.

In my opinion this result (i.e very small delay during take-off) does not compare to heavy impediments in this chart.I mean I expected a much longer delay at least!

In conclusion, I'm personally happy that I'm back home on time but not so happy about the prediction because I predicted I wouldn't be able to return on the 17t of June, implying a prediction of a greater "delay".

Maybe Mercury in his domicile is not very adversely affected by combustion, so the situation might have been mitigated.

Sigma

I was on the same line of thinking... maybe delays, some confusion, or the journey being a bit uncomfortable? But good to hear you're back on time, in one piece :D
Maybe Mercury in his domicile is not very adversely affected by combustion, so the situation might have been mitigated.
Good point!

hi,
as per stellar system, for confirmation of ticket the rule is- if sub lord of 11th cusp signify 3 or 9 or 11 then your ticket will be confirmed.

as per your time chart ,( placidus)
11th cusp sub lord is mars, lord of 3 ( confirmation) and 8 ( stress )

no need for further explanations.
hs nagi
MAY YOU ALWAYS BE HAPPY-HEALTHY AND WEALTHY