Adopted children

I had a nice woman come and ask me when she would possibly become pregnant, as she had been trying for almost 18 mos and recently started to take Clomid to produce more eggs, thus, upping her chances. Easy enough to answer the basic question, but then, she asked if she would have to adopt children. Now, when I checked Rex Bills Rulership Book he has Uranus ruling adopted children ( I know we don't use Uranus..) So, if someone came to you and asked if they were going to adopt any children due to inability to have their own, would we use the 11th house? ( Seems that house was used because it's the opposite of the 5th so maybe his reasoning was it's *other people's children*? ) Also, in his rulership book, the ruler Uranus is in parenthesis meaning, it's not a steadfast or tried rule. Just wonder how you would answer this query? What house would you use?
Thanks!
Juli

Adoption

It wouldn't hurt to have the natal charts of both the mother and the potential father on any adoption question. Modern Vedic interpretation: Rahu in the natal 5th House often indicates adoption, or conception due to fertility treatments. Modern western interpretation: Uranus in the natal 5th House suggests adoption or conception due to fertility treatments. Pluto in the 5th House practically guarantees children, one way or another.

11th House is for stepchildren or adopted children. Note the house cusp - Capricorn on the 11th makes it less likely. In my experience, planets in the natal 11th House or ruling the cusp shows how the parent will treat the non-biological child, and do not argue for or against the likelihood of adoption. Adoption is one of the great acts of free will, so a clear predisposition towards it may not necessarily be indicated in the natal chart. Still, a horary should be checked against the natal on both parties, if possible.
All I know is that if my birth chart was a horary, the answer would be "No".

My Blog: http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/

Thank you both for your input! I figured it would be the 11th. And, in a perfect world, we always have exact birth data of both parents! Fortunately, when that isn't available, I would hope we can answer the question via horary.