Have I changed the outcome& waiting

Hi Reader,

I have been waiting impatiently for the outcome of my horary questions answer to see if it coincides with reality. It is very hard to be patient. In the meantime, I am concerned that I have unwittingly changed the outcome of my answer by doing nothing. Any thoughts? What do you tell people who ask you horaries?

Sandra

I always make it clear to my clients that whilst they expect me to show good judgement in how I interpret the chart, the ultimate responsibility falls on them to show good judgement through common sense. So I wouldn?t expect anyone to take me up on any astrological advice unless it absolutely felt the right approach for them to take (and that should happen if you work the chart properly).

No one should pass responsibility for their lives or actions over to anyone or anything else. Most horary practitioners make it very clear that the purpose of horary isn?t to predict what will happen but to give the querent the opportunity to actively empower themselves through a better understanding of the spiritual reality they are involved in. (ie., don?t wait for it to happen, establish if it?s possible and what you have to do to make it happen). If you are working on your own charts you definitely need to open yourself up to them on a spiritual level and let the interpretation process illuminate your understanding and better judgement. I doubt that?s happened because if it had you wouldn?t be feeling the impatience that accompanies anxiety. The fact that the horary hasn?t eased your concerns or left you feeling more aware and in control of the problem suggests it hasn?t done the job it was supposed to. So stop relying on whatever you saw in that, fall back on common sense and question whether your impatience is based on a minor moment of impatience or an instinctive recognition that your non-activity is letting a valuable opportunity slip away.

Hi Deb,

If you read over carefully what I wrote, you will realize I said I was waiting and feeling impatient and wondered what if anything would change the outcome of what was predicted or stated to be the likely outcome. Waiting or doing nothing is some times the only course of action and excitement or anxiety are natural outcomes even when spiritually enlightened. Frankly I find your replies rather condescending. I have read your replies and I don't find them spiritual or getting to the root of the problem or empowering-more you just state what you see in the chart and them a prediction.
Sandra

excitement or anxiety are natural outcomes even when spiritually enlightened
You see I don?t agree with that, because a client should walk away from a consultation without anxiety and feeling more confident because the consultation has put them back in control of the situation. My point was that if anxiety and fear remains, the consultation hasn?t been fully satisfying and shouldn?t be used as a basis to make decisions. To achieve that sense of spiritual illumination for yourself, asking your own questions, is much harder than during a consultation process because you are the one that has the anxiety in the first place and there is no emotionally-independent astrologer acting as the medium between the astrological symbolism and the querent?s concerns. There was no intention to be condescending; I merely answered your request for thoughts about this issue. And you had made evident your concern that by doing nothing you had unwittingly changed the outcome.

But I am happy to refrain from replying to your posts in future.

Hi Deb,

Maybe it is the lack of emoticons in your writing, but your responses and sometimes others do come back as condescending.

I think excitement and worry would be a natural outcome of caring very much about what happens whether the client is in control or proactive no matter what, so we do disagree here.

Thanks,
Sandra

i go along with Deb and Haku here. i think it's really necessary to think carefully about your reading, especially if it is for someone else and to be careful that you base your interpretations on a clear methodology and reasoned deductions. Yes, there will be elements of intuition and insight (and indeed there should be) but the querent/client is coming for advice not an emotional experience. If you get involved with your clients emotional state or tell them what they want to hear rather than what you see you are doing them a disservice. I fully agree with Deb's comments about the role of the professional here.

When reading for yourelf it is important to try to achieve the same level of objectivity. Obviously it is much more difficult if you are emotionally involved with the question and the outcome is desparately important. In some cases anxiety and impatience can cloud your judgement so you might well feel that you can't achieve the necessary detachment and then you might need to consider consulting someone else.

If this seems to be 'patronising' it is not meant to be - we boarded a cat for a friend of my daughter. The first time everything went fine. Then a few months later she asked us to board him again. He seemed quite at home and then one morning he went out and didn't come back. As the days went by and my daughter dropped fliers through peoples letter boxes, I tried my liimited skills on a horary of where he might be. I found it very difficult to be objective - I was so anxious as to the outcome. I have a friend in the USA who is a professional and I asked her to look over my reading and conclusions. Although she bore out my own interpretation that he was trapped, I found a second opinion extremely helpful because it was a detached view. After a few days I tried another horary and my reading then was that he would return. Sure enough within 36 hours he was back.

Putting emotions on one side and trying to draw on one's spirituality can help and I think Deb's advice was perfectly sound.

PS - in the above reading, as a result of the first chart we went out and looked around the estate on a regular basis - if he was trapped we hoped to find him. We didn't actually find him, he came back on his own, so in one sense we didn't do anything to affect the outcome. However we did treat the reading as likely to reflect the real situation and we did try to gear our search according to the directions indicated in the chart, wholst covering other possiblilities as well - so in that sense the reading was empowering as Deb suggests - we didn't just sit and wait.