Is now a good time for me and friends to look for new jobs?

I know many people who are although fed up with their present jobs, are too scared to go looking for new ones given the state of the current economy. It seems things aren't going to get any better any time soon especially in Britain where we're on the brink of a recession. However, can you see any astrological ray of sunshine for us to strike out and find that new job?

I'm currently thinking about getting a new job myself. I'm contracting at the moment in a role until March '09. I ideally want to find a something before then, a permanent role, but I'm completely clueless as to when to start looking for it. I've also recently had my Saturn Return which left me confused about where I'm heading in life. When do you reckon would be a good time to go after a new role? My DOB is 22 October 1978, 12:30am, London, England.

Thanks

Petal
Last edited by Petalp on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

How much astrology have you studied? I want to get an idea of what you know so I can speak to you clearly. then I'll be happy to walk you through looking at your personal transits so you can, yourself see what seems astrologically most viable. :)

Granny

Aha, well this site is not for giving free astology readings, but for helping people interested in astrology learn more about astrology. Many here would be happy to help you review what you see in your own chart, but wont be interested in doing a reading for you. that isnt' the nature of the site. :)

You might wish to go to www.astro.com and look at the free horoscope section and look at your forecast, it is written by Robert hand and could be a decent guide for what you are wondering.

Also unless your friends are born the same day and time you are, job hunting might not necessarily be the same for them as for yourself, what you are wanting to know is person specific.

Granny

Hallo Petal

As Granny_skot says it's not possible to say anything meaningful about your friends, but the short answer for you is 'not yet'.

As well as Saturn's continuing transit of your 2nd house, other astrological indications are:

Progressed Moon in the 12th house, crossing into the 1st in late March - so for a few months still, your focus wants to be on letting go of the past.

In your Solar Return chart (a chart for the moment the Sun returns to its natal position, which shows prospects for the coming year), Sun and Mars are in the first house. For the Sun in the first, Mary Fortier Shea says:
Use this time to prepare for the career push that could occur next year when the solar return will be in the 10th house. You may need more professional training, experience, or education.
For Mars in the first she says:
This is the year to get in touch with your unique drive for accomplishment.
Ideally, by the time Saturn leaves the 2nd, you want to be clear in your mind how you are going to support yourself in the long term, even if you're not yet in a position to do so (it's not that you can't find the right path when Saturn is in another house, but it would probably be much more difficult). Saturn is currently approaching your 3rd house cusp, which is probably why this issue has now come to the foreground;

You're probably aware that now is the time that you need to make choices in that area of your life, and you're quite likely beginning to feel anxious because you recognise unconsciously that Saturn is moving on, but you haven't found that clarity yet. But in fact, Saturn will turn retrograde (at the end of December) before it reaches the 3rd cusp, and will head back into the 2nd - it won't actually cross the 3rd cusp until next August.

So for the next two or three months you should probably be thinking about what you want to do (and what you definitely don't want to do) - but without any intention of crystalising anything until next spring at the earliest. Then when Saturn has turned retrograde at the beginning of next year allow your long-term hopes to drop into the background, for your unconscious to work on.

I'll guess that the confusion you mention will fade somewhat (without clearing) over the next two or three months; during the Saturn retrograde, however, you'll probably find your attention turning back to the issues that were live during this summer and you'll look at them from another angle, and then you'll begin to dispel the confusion. Once it turns direct again, in May, you'll be able to leave that behind and you should have the clarity you need to find a path that you'll be happy to follow for the next twenty years or so.

That's how it can work. But if you're too fearful about the future, or try to hold onto things from the past that you have outlived, then you'll prevent the necessary changes from completing. You'll have to do something of course when your current job ends, but I think if you look for something permanent as early as March you will probably set yourself on a course that won't fulfil you.

For the short term it might help to know that Venus is in the 2nd house of your Solar Return; this doesn't mean that you'll have a lot of money over the next year, but it does suggest that you won't need to worry about it.

When you do decide where you want to be going you will of course have to compromise - but until you have allowed your dreams to become fully formed you can't know where your baseline is. I'd suggest that for the rest of this year at least you should give your dreams free rein - and be bold with what you wish for!

As Granny said, this isn't really a forum for free readings; you can thank the 2 minute trine between your Venus and my Mars for this one.

Malcolm