kali wrote:
yuzuru:
So, Obama wins.
As eratic as this election has been, don't count on 'Obama wins' being the last word. The chart I posted in the "Will Obama win?" thread has his ruler Mars opposing rx Saturn in Leo. That usually means separation.
Giving more thought to what I said, there is 8 degrees between the two planets and being in fixed signs, your talking years down the road, no?

yuzuru wrote:Sorry, I should have made it clear, before...
I understood you and was having a little fun back.

Question, if 1 1/2 years after asking a question the chart shows events happening in the here and now, would that show it to be radical? For example, houses 9th USA, 10th Presidency ruler Saturn rx in Leo in 4th. Jupiter in Sag in 8th trines Saturn. To me that describes the bailout for the bad housing market.

What I readily admit is I don't know how to read the chart and predict accurately. For that reason alone I shouldn't venture into casting them. And will probably never cast another one. :D But, my question is nagging me now that this event has occured.

In reading Lilly's CA on the tenth for rulers section, I have to agree since the 10th of McCain is unaspected and in fall it looks like a loss for him.

As we all know Saturn cjt. the asc. with a Merc Rectro hampers the astrologer severely.

What throws me on the horary is that Cazimi Moon cjt Sun, and the Moon rules the election house: his fifth.

When I did the Bush election in 2004, both the 10th(libra) and the Presidents 5th(Taurus) were ruled by Venus being sextiled by the Moon, making it so evident that the tenth and 5th agreed.

It's like when Lilly did horarys on thievery he looked at both the 7th and 2nd: two houses for answers generally!

Clinton Soule

In reviewing this horary, I found on page 168 of 'Horary Astrology Plain & Simple, by Anthony Louis, that the New Moon, or as some authors say 'Lunation' destroys the Moon in a Cazimi influence; a detrimental debility.

Louis pointed out that a famous ancient astrologer, Ganivet in 1431 AD made a simular misreading about a Dean and his health and death.

But the Saturn on the Asc., and Merc retrograde definitely shows the astrologer was hampered in this McCain horary. And when Merc went direct I found it in this book.

So McCain will dissasterously loose the election and with his tenth unaspected he will not be in office by this horary.

Clinton Soule

Clinton Soule wrote:In reviewing this horary, I found on page 168 of 'Horary Astrology Plain & Simple, by Anthony Louis, that the New Moon, or as some authors say 'Lunation' destroys the Moon in a Cazimi influence; a detrimental debility.

Louis pointed out that a famous ancient astrologer, Ganivet in 1431 AD made a simular misreading about a Dean and his health and death.

But the Saturn on the Asc., and Merc retrograde definitely shows the astrologer was hampered in this McCain horary. And when Merc went direct I found it in this book.

So McCain will dissasterously loose the election and with his tenth unaspected he will not be in office by this horary.

Clinton Soule
We'll know soon enough!

:P

RC

Obama has spent $650 million since the convention; more than both candidates spent for the entire primary-and-election cycle in 2004. Unreal!
What does this have to do with astrology? Please don't use the forum for poltical canvassing. (This whole thread looks full of bias to me).

Deb wrote:
Obama has spent $650 million since the convention; more than both candidates spent for the entire primary-and-election cycle in 2004.
What does this have to do with astrology? Please don't use the forum for poltical canvassing. (This whole thread looks full of bias to me).
My apologies.

Did take me back to my horary where Jupiter in Sag in 8th is trining Democrats ruler of the their significator in their 10th. Other people's money and resources has proved beneficial to Obama, could be one way to read that.

No matter who wins they will be my President and he will have my prayers for his success.

In breif the Cazimi relationship of the Moon cjt. Sun is not a winning aspect for McCain. Like Ganivet in 1341 AD I missed the fact it was a New moon and typically that is dissasterous!

Also, as many on this topic stated, since McCain is the 7th, the tenth for McCain is the horary's 4th. And the ruler is both Rectrograde and unaspected: unaspected planets mean NO action.

McCain's 5th, the 11th, for elections shows action: as the New Moon represents dissaster or not good by many Ancients and contemporary writters such as Vivian E. Robson.

Clinton Soule

RC, I know you're desperate for McCain to win, but Uranus in the 10th would not, to me, represent the election of an old man whose policies differ only slightly from the 'norm' we've had for the past eight years. Uranus to me would represent, 'And now, for something completely different.'

:) GH

Gunhilde wrote:RC, I know you're desperate for McCain to win, but Uranus in the 10th would not, to me, represent the election of an old man whose policies differ only slightly from the 'norm' we've had for the past eight years. Uranus to me would represent, 'And now, for something completely different.'

:) GH
Or...

An unexpected and unpredicted election!

RC

Seriously, I am looking at it objectively.