I would definitely like to see zodiacal primary directions at last. I was sure they would put them in SF 7 - what a shame that they didn't. What we got instead was some "fancy" art wheels :-? . They clearly didn't have traditionalists in mind with SF 7. Also directing through bounds, better yet if you could see a significator directed through the bounds and which aspects it's making while it's in a certain bound.

Another wish is that one could choose the definition for a peregrine planet - whether a planet is peregrine when it's not in it's sect triplicity, or whether it's peregrine when it's not in any of it's own triplicities (of sect, out-of-sect, participating).

Sari

The possibility of directing arabic parts or other points of relevance. Zodiacal directions. When I tried to edit arabic parts, you could not choose lord of hour or lord of day like some parts asks (for example, the part of attainement from al-Biruni asks for a formula that uses the lord of hour). An easier system to look for aspects between planets in the generated ephemeris (for example, if I want to know when was the nearest great conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter for the year 606, I'd have to look in the ephemeris untill finding, but if I generate a ephemeris and check some boxes with aspects/planets names I could get the hits in a list with an exact orb, wasting less time). The possibility to change terms. The possibility to edit the scores. The possibility to determine/edit what Mutual Reception is (it shows anything but Mutual Reception nowadays). Antiscia and Contra-Antiscia (as aspects, so we can narrow the orb). A table with the speed of planets at the moment. In fact, they should develop better edit tools, so we can fully adjust the program to our needs.

And please, some traditional delineation for Fixed Stars, mainly their planetary nature and such...

1. I would like the charts to have a more polished look.
2. I think their almuten system, especially chart almuten system is either confusing or it doesn't correctly calculate them according to Bonatti.
It?s possible to calculate the almutens according to Bonatti, but it is very confusing, because the almuten editor is very confused :-cry
3. I would like the syzygy to appear as a chart point.
4. Correct primary directions!!! :-cry
I agree!

I would like the arabic parts to appear as chart points.

SF has so many possibilities, but the handling is horrible
Last edited by Birgit on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PFN wrote:The possibility to change terms. The possibility to edit the scores.
These exist already in Utilities --> Dignity / Almuten editor.

I forgot that the Arabic Lots need improving, especially there should be an option to use the Lot of Fortune and Lot of Spirit as components. Otherwise calculating the seven Hermetic Lots is impossible.

Actually, reception should be tied to aspects in my opinion, meaning no aspect = no reception. I guess they can figure out a better system than the current one.

Re Solar Fire: Maybe they should take out the dignities calculator altogether and force lazy astrologers to consult their table by hand :P

Only joking! But seriously, I find I get the sense of a chart much quicker if I have to write out the dignities by hand rather than just getting an instant table on the screen. It forces me to consider each part of the essential dignity of a planet, piece by piece, and pick up on trends or significances much more quickly.

Re Traditional Astrology Radio: Great idea, I'm looking forward to playing the Schmidt interview I've just downloaded!

Keren