Mithra6 wrote:Man the Solar Fire folks are going to hate us.
:) Without a doubt, quite the contrary is the truth. If there would be nothing that could be added to a software, it is a dead software and the people behind it must be looking for a new job.

Also, we could have antiscion and contra-antiscion points as either ringpoints or little chart points (going with the suggestion by Birgit). If someone likes these kind of things.
Temperament calculation (with various options) would be a friendly addition too...

What I would really like is for Solar Fire to have a traditional module, where options like house system, chart style, moieties, terms, etc. can be easily toggled from within the module (as is true of Janus). Right now, the options that Solar Fire does offer are scattered throughout the program and difficult to change. One or two separate customizable modules (what I'd really like is a module for traditional and another for Hellenistic astrology) would be lovely.

I must say I love Solar Fire (that's why I keep posting to this thread) and one of the reasons is that it is rather decentralized, or more specifically customizable to the extremes.
You can for example build a custom page, where you can customize what aspects, points to use, what tables you would like to see (and even customize them further), etc. This is simply marvelous. You can save all your selections, and there are a lot of pre-defined ones (as are moieties for example, and they are customizable too).
Using modules like Janus would not go well with this concept that actually works more than fine, it is only that these setting files should not be scattered throughout the disk and should not be located deep inside various directories. A more explicit naming convention would also help as sometimes you have to guess what settings a file might contain.
I for example don't need tons of information I'm not working with (as Janus presents them), I make my own pages and that's all to it, I leave out what I don't need.
Please, don't make Solar Fire modular. :)

Mithra6 wrote:Man the Solar Fire folks are going to hate us.
Sure :)

in every case...

m) oriental/occidental notation of the planets listed in the tabulations.

good :)

n) arabic parts to add in the chart as user points, and not as ringpoints. Ringpoints are not very handy.

o) antiscion and contra-antiscion points as either ringpoints or little chart points

p) Temperament calculation (with various options)

q) a traditional module, where options like house system, chart style, moieties, terms, etc. can be easily toggled from within the module (as is true of Janus). Right now, the options that Solar Fire does offer are scattered throughout the program and difficult to change. One or two separate customizable modules (what I'd really like is a module for traditional and another for Hellenistic astrology)
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com

Temperament calculation (with various options)
Janus does this using Sue Ward's method of temperament calculation. I'm not familiar with that. Computers will only give the add 'em variety, but it is helpful. I ran some a couple of charts using Janus (Sue Ward), Frawley (modified Lilly) and Dorian Greenbaum. They all came out pretty much the same using the charts I ran, with expected variation here and there. Solar Fire could incorporate that.

I'd like to see Janus offer a WYSIWYG option like SF and employ the SF method of supplying coordinates. SF has a serious edge there. Also SF Arabic Parts editor is a big plus over the the lots supplied to you by Janus. Can't have it all I guess.

Tom