Will he call?

Will he call?

In this chart done for a girl who is hoping a boy will call, all looks good with the exception of the separating aspect. Do separating aspects always indicate a negative/no? :?

Things had recently happened between the two, but now the querent is feeling uncertain and unclear about how things may proceed due to the lack of contact (this probably says all that needs to be said!) :( . She had called him recently and he had returned the call (some 2 weeks ago), but they missed each other. She has since tried to contact him again (3 days ago) but was unable to reach him and now wishes to know if he will contact her again.

CHART DATA: 5 Jan 05, 11:00am CST, Adelaide Australia 138E35, 34S55 ? Asc 15 Pisces 12.

The signifier of the Querent (Asc) is Jupiter @ 17Libra39 in the 8th. The Quesited (Dsc) is Mercury @ 23 Sag 12 in the 10th . The moon has just changed signs in 0 Scorp 20 in the 8th.

If reception shows inclination, then the mutual reception by Rulership/Triplicity indicates an interest in getting in contact?

If accidental dignity shows ability, then Mercury has the ability to make contact being that it is angular in the 10th. It is also in a human sign, so can speak. Mercury is in detriment though - would this indicate that he doesn?t feel good about making contact?

If aspect shows opportunity, then does the separating aspect indicate he feels the opportunity is past, or would this indicate the call he made in the past and that he will not make a call in the future. Ie does separating indicate ?no??

The moon in fall shows the querent is not feeling good about the lack of contact and is feeling quite powerless.

Any thoughts?

Ann
Ann

It?s not that separation always means no, but where there?s no application shown by the Moon or the querent?s main significator, there?s no promise to build a positive judgement upon. The Moon and Jupiter in the 8th both suggest disappointment for the querent, and that she lacks the power to control the situation. Saturn is in her 5th house of romance, and the Moon (5th ruler) applies to Uranus ? everything seems to be pointing to separation or reduction of interest. On the other hand, Mercury (our quesited) is within one degree of Venus, an argument he has transferred his affections to another.

Thanks Deb
It?s not that separation always means no, but where there?s no application shown by the Moon or the querent?s main significator, there?s no promise to build a positive judgement upon.
So what you're saying is, that when looking at the aspects in such a question it is the aspect made from the querent's significators that I need to look at, not the quesited in order to understand the yes/no?

PS yes, there was an inkling that someone else had come along ... he's a musician and all those Christmas/New Year's parties etc that his band was playing at, perfect for meeting someone new.

Thanks
Ann

Deb wrote
Mercury (our quesited) is within one degree of Venus, an argument he has transferred his affections to another
splitting hairs here...
So you read this as 1) he actually HAS transferred affections? or 2)will very soon(Is about to meet someone) since the ME/VE is applying to exact?

Thanks, this is just clearly showing me that I need to get back to the books and read a bit harder.

So if I understand correctly, what you are looking at is the tightest aspect one of the significators is making? So with Mercury (ruler of Dsc) applying by 1 degree to Venus, this gives the focus of the answer, as this is the tightest aspect involving that which is being enquired about? Being that Mercury has well separated from Jupiter (querent) and is now v.tightly applying to Venus (someone else)?

If Mercury had been in an earlier degree and about to perfect by trine to Jupiter by 1 degree, then would this have given a ?promise? which could have been judged? I?m sorry but I?m confusing myself with the comment
where there?s no application shown by the Moon or the querent?s main significator, there?s no promise to build a positive judgement
I understood this to mean that, unless one (usually the moon) or both of the querent?s significants are the swifter planets, there can be no promise?

For example, if Capricorn were rising, and the Moon was in Libra. This would give the querent that nasty Saturn in Cancer and the quesited the Moon in Libra (so mutual reception by Rulership/Exaltation). As the querent?s signifer can only be Saturn and Saturn can only receive aspects and not make them, there can be no promise? Or would it still work as long as the signifier of the Quesited, the Moon, was applying to Saturn and the aspect will perfect?

Sorry to drag it on, but I?ve always blindly assumed that as long as there is an aspect, it doesn?t matter which significator is making it. I also accept that in the instance of the chart I provided that everything is superfluous given that Mercury (the quesited) will perfect to Venus (someone else) in 1 degree.

And finally, in romance questions, just to confirm the ?what should be obvious?, an aspect must occur between the main significators? If the only aspect is between a main and a secondary (ie sun for men/venus for women) then there is also no promise to judge upon?

Ok, Deb ? I won?t ask any more questions. I?m reaching for Lilly as we speak, but I would appreciate if you could help knock some understanding in my head about the above.

Much, much appreciation ? ps I am also sharing this info with my study partner, so you are helping more than just this one little dunce.
:???:
Ann

Deb

Have reached for Lilly and reading through his ?APHORISMES and Considerations for better judging any HORARY QUESTION?. and can see that my Saturn Asc example shows doom anyway ? I also now understand what you said in an earlier post where Saturn Fall Rx in 7th, indicated it would end in tears for the querent.

Cheers
Ann
Ann

So what you're saying is, that when looking at the aspects in such a question it is the aspect made from the querent's significators that I need to look at, not the quesited in order to understand the yes/no?
No, I meant that in this chart there is no application between any of the main significators - the quesited (Mercury), querent (Jupiter) or the Moon.
Quote:
Mercury (our quesited) is within one degree of Venus, an argument he has transferred his affections to another

splitting hairs here...
So you read this as 1) he actually HAS transferred affections? or 2)will very soon(Is about to meet someone) since the ME/VE is applying to exact?
Mercury is with Venus. In traditional texts, attendant planets (those close to significators) represent people that they are occupying their time with. Venus is the natural significator for young women, so because the conjunction of Mercury and Venus is so close, this is an argument the quesited is occupying his time with another young woman. It's a more sensible conclusion in light of the fact that Mercury is separating from Jupiter and there is no indication of a reunion between them.
If Mercury had been in an earlier degree and about to perfect by trine to Jupiter by 1 degree, then would this have given a ?promise? which could have been judged?
Yes, because it would have shown some developing connection between the two main significators to indicate that they have an evolving interest in each other. The separating aspect only indicates a previous interest that is now starting to wane. Because the aspect between Mercury and Jupiter is still within orb, it might have been possible to judge that the situation was capable of being rescued if the querent's planet or the Moon looked capable of wielding their influence; but their position in the 8th house of loss suggests otherwise. All round, the chart is indicating that the querent isn't capable of recapturing this man's interest. Of course this is all focussed upon the question of whether he will call.

I'm not sure if I understand your confusion over which planet makes the application. The lighter planet always applies and the heavier planet receives - that's reflected in this situation where Mercury represents the 'other party' who is the one expected to make the call. Jupiter waits to recieve it (or not).

Hope this helps
Deb