question for a friend's dog missing

Hello all. I'm a newbie and only have some basic notions on horary - i am getting confused with speed of planets in charts and not sure how to spot planets going retrograde. Any how, i have a friend who's dog went missing recently. She posted me her question 4th sept at 3.40pm from Willits. C.A (USA) The aspects do not look good. I understand that 6th house is for small pets and 5th could be for much loved pets. The dog is 1 year old. Her question is will Hunter return home safely? Mercury in 6th is aspecting pluto in 8th - not a good sign. It's significator is in the 2nd house of loss and mars is close by. Could anybody give me some orientation as i don't want to put my foot in it! Many thanks indeed.

[/url]

Aqua_girl, did you get the question of your American friend in Europe as is to be read under your 'location'?

In horary it is understood generally to take the time and the location of the astrologer, when he or she understood the querent's question.

Hi Joannes, yes, i drew the chart up my time from Europe, i was aware of this already but did not include the hour i recieved the question which was 9.43pm. I actually did the chart one hour later. Sorry if this is confusing!
I still don't know what to make of this chart. It does n't look good at first glance but maybe there are finer points to be considered...

So anyway, i've been working on this chart and i interpret this as an indication that the dog might have been run over. Mars (cars) in the 3rd house (roads) .. ?
The moon (hopes and wishes) trining mars could be the owner's hopes towards the situation. Moon opposite saturn (might be a while before she finds out?) and opposite sun in the 5th house - a sudden adversity (this is dignified at least) And as i mentioned before mercury (dogs) in 6th house of pets squaring pluto in 8th makes me think of the worst possible scenario. If anyone has any input they would like to share, i'd be happy to receive it :) thanks.

Would you mind giving a bit more explanation about how this question came to be asked. One thing I would want to be sure about, for example, is whether your friend specifically asked you this as a horary question - which would make her 1st house; or whether you heard about her situation and decided to ask about this yourself - which would give the 1st house signification to you. Also, could we have the latitude/longitude and time zone of the chart?

Hope the dog will be found safe and well!

Deb

Hello and many thanks for the feedback. The question(s) i received were; Will Hunter come home safely? AND where can i find him dead or alive? I tried to get in touch with her and asked her to choose ONE question only (our correspondance is by email as we live long distance) but could not find her.
So i decided to merge/simplify the questions to "where is the dog?"
Her questions arrived at 3.40pm Willits.C.A and i drew up the chart date: 04.09.2009 time: 10.43pm lat/long: 2e11 41n23 (Europe) I used the 1st and 7th houses for her. Ascendant in taurus is radical, so she is the moon i guess. Her sigificators are mars (trining moon) and mercury squaring pluto(i know pluto is not to be confused with mars as they are very different but it struck me as very poignant that pluto was in it's dignity in the 8th house of death. Lastly the lord of the 6th house of pets with significator in the 3rd house ruling roads and transits had me link the possibilities.
But i kept an open mind and did not contact her until last night. I apologized about the delay and i confessed to putting it off because it did n't look like good news but i did not tell her any details. She agreed to feeling along the same lines ie; not optimistic. Hope this all makes sense - i'm only have some notions of horary so i really appreciate this opportunity to learn, thanks once again.

Her questions arrived at 3.40pm Willits.C.A and i drew up the chart date: 04.09.2009 time: 10.43pm lat/long: 2e11 41n23 (Europe)
It looks like you used Central European Time (-2 hrs)
I used the 1st and 7th houses for her.
There is no reason to assign the 7th house to her. The querent is only assigned to the first house, so she is signified by Venus, peregrine in Leo in the 4th house. Can you think of how that might be helping to describe her? (Very often, using the astrology to build up descriptive profiles is the way to find the answer ? everything is relevant in some way or another).

My one reservation with this chart is that everything could be read incorrectly if the signification isn?t telling the real story of the question. It does bother me that the thread is headed ?question for a friend's dog missing? which suggests that it is your question, not hers; and that might explain why you would use Mars to signify her. But you seem clear that this question came directly from her, so in that case she is only Venus, and Mars has no connection to her signification.
Ascendant in taurus is radical, so she is the moon i guess
-The Moon is a general co-significator so it usually helps to describe the querent?s situation, but it is more reliable to view it as describing the focus of the question. Especially in charts for missing pets, cattle or fugitives, you would want to look at the Moon to help explain the circumstances of the disappearance. So consider the Moon as being of a more general significance in this. It separates from the Sun, 5th-ruler and in the 5th house, how does that describe the dog?s disappearance ? did it go missing whilst being walked in the park, for example?
Her sigificators are mars (trining moon) and mercury squaring pluto(i know pluto is not to be confused with mars as they are very different but it struck me as very poignant that pluto was in it's dignity in the 8th house of death.
Mars is not relevant for her. I don?t know where you got that idea from.
Lastly the lord of the 6th house of pets with significator in the 3rd house ruling roads and transits had me link the possibilities.
The dog is signified by the 6th house and its ruler ? including dogs that are very much loved (which, surely, all dogs are). So the dog is Mercury, in the 6th house and in its own triplicity, which makes me think that it never left familiar territory. The worrying aspect of this chart is that Saturn (opp Uranus) is on the 6th house cusp, with the Moon applying to the opposition of Saturn, with a mutual reception between Mercury and Saturn by exaltation; and as you say, Mercury has just perfected a square to Mars on the third house cusp. So I am sure that the dog has been involved in some sort of accident or unexpected event, and has not just wandered off and got lost. You could be right about the cause for concern because Venus (the querent) also applies to the opposition of Jupiter, which is the 8th-ruler but placed in the 11th. Things do look quite difficult in this chart so that opposition could relate to her receiving bad news from a friend.
But i kept an open mind and did not contact her until last night. I apologized about the delay and i confessed to putting it off because it did n't look like good news but i did not tell her any details. She agreed to feeling along the same lines ie; not optimistic. Hope this all makes sense - i'm only have some notions of horary so i really appreciate this opportunity to learn, thanks once again.
Unfortunately Mercury and Venus are separating ,and the Sun and Moon are separating, but both now apply to the ascendant. Hopefully this describes news being brought to her soon. I really hope that the Moon applying to the sextile of the ascendant and Mercury in the 6th means that the dog comes home in good health very soon but I don?t think it would be wise to build her hopes up from this chart. Tell her to put notices about and keeping making local enquiries though, because with the luminaries aspecting the ascendant, it looks like she will discover what happened soon.
Deb

Thank you so much for your guidance. Silly me thinking taurus was moon significator (i seem to have a blind spot with taurus in horary!) I thought 1st and 7th were used when it was a loss of something belonging to someone else. Yes, then i muddled as to why i should use the 6th house as well. I have never met my dear on-line friend who is a very vicacious 60 year old lady with lots of spirit. She loves to dance = creative, so yes, Venus in Leo fits the bill. I was not actually thinking that mars be my friend's significator at all - i used it in the context of scorpio ruling the 7th house and the 8th house ruler in the 8th house expressing the rather dubious looking circumstances, but i guess that is what the moon is for. I've yet to watch out for planets separating - another challenge. I guess i need to look at the ephemerists for this.
Had no news from my friend yet. And yes, the chart is from central Europe!
Thank you once more for your valuable help.

Hi Carol

Thanks for your interest. Sorry about the delay in replying, i was away on holiday. Anyway, back to the horary - no, my friend never found her dog .. never found out what happened to it, so the situation in question remains unresolved. My friend later went to see a tarot reader who said that the dog had been kidnapped but was in a good home .. i kept my opinion to myself. So, that's the picture i'm afraid :(

Best,

Aqua_girl x

Just looking at the 6th house ruler, which is Mercury - about to go retrograde is usually a good sign that dog will be returned. Saturn close to 6th cusp shows an affliction. Also dog has just had a square to Mars, ruler of 7th, showing another person. This is mixed because Mars in cancer is in triplicity but fall, so this could show another person taking the dog - the debility showing the fact that the person has acted badly in taking the dog, but the strength showing that the dog is actually not being mistreated.

8th house is Jupiter and no connection between Mercury and Jupiter - this would indicate dog still alive.

Mercury is almost stationary and this could maybe mean that it would take quite some time to return.

I am disappointed that there is no aspect between Mercury and Venus - the dog and your friend.

The next aspect to the Moon is to Saturn - ruler of 10th. Could this be the authorities. It is an opposition which may not be a great sign. Mercury will then aspect the saturn but this is in the next sign.

I'm thinking maybe the dog will be removed from this other person, but since there is nothing connecting Venus with Mercury, then your friend may indeed never see the dog again. Also I think this would be a longer term situation than wished for - due to the slowness of Mercury and the fact that Mercury doesn't make another aspect within the current sign.
Susan,
Edinburgh.
www.horaryqueen.co.uk