A draw result with a strong favourite naturally means that the skies supported the underdog. Perhaps not as much as my analysis showed but still enough for a minor upset. In sports where there is a draw result possible, I always lay the unsupported side rather than backing the supported one. In this case I laid West Brom - and might I add, successfully. :)
Peter

I understand what you're saying and agree with you up to a point. I went totally for the fave and you went totally for the underdog. The fave didn't win so in that sense I was totally wrong and you were partially correct or at least you were on the right track. However, from a straight prediction point of view, of the three possible outcomes - home win, away win or draw - none of us picked the correct one. Our analyses were totally one-sided.

A possible indicator of a draw was radicality by triplicity, which is why I thought Andrew might have gone for that result.

Sunderland (U) - Aston Villa (F)
15 Dec 2009, 19:45 UT, Sunderland, UK
Asc 12Leo45, MC 21Ari03, Sun 23Sag58, Moon 16Sag19

Favourite = Sun, Underdog = Saturn

Essential dignities: Sun=-5, Saturn=+6 (U)
Sun in 5th, Saturn in turned 9th (U)
Moon conjunct Venus (F)
Part of Fortune sextile Saturn (U)
Part of Fortune contraparallel Part of Victory (U)
Part of Spirit conjunct Mars (U)

Overall: F=1, U=5 (lay favourite)

Dundee Utd (U) - Rangers (F)
15 Dec 2009, 19:45 UT, Dundee, UK

Very similar to the above
Two additional aspects: Part of Advance contraparallel Venus (U) and Betelgeuse parallel MC (U)
Overall: same conclusion
Peter

I agree with that and I'm not claiming victory. I simply showed that the approach, however limited (as it doesn't include a clear draw prediction), was successful.
Yes, that's fair enough and, from a betting perspective, laying the favourite was a good way to go, so congratulations on that :'

I almost went for the 0-0 half-time scoreline because I thought the Moon/Saturn indicated that we would have a long wait for a goal. This was supported by the fact that Mars and Jupiter wouldn't cross the angles until after the first half. However, I was confused by the Moon being in a Jupiter-ruled sign which often indicates lots of goals - above average anyway.

Even though I observed all these factors in the chart beforehand, I was unable to work out exactly how they would manifest and didn't have enough confidence to place any bets. As usual, all becomes clear after the event with 4 goals being scored in the second half!

Bolton (F) - West Ham (U)
15 Dec 2009, 20:00 UT, Bolton, UK
Asc 13Leo42, MC 23Ari56, Sun 23Sag59, Moon 16Sag26

Favourite = Sun, Underdog = Saturn

Essential dignities: Sun=-5, Saturn=+6 (U)
Sun in 5th, Saturn in turned 9th (U)
Moon conjunct Venus (F)
Part of Advance opposite Moon (U)
Spica opposite MC (U)

Overall: F=1, U=4 (lay favourite)

The other two games at the same time (Birmingham (F) - Blackburn (U) and Manchester Utd (F) - Wolverhampton (U)) are very similar. The former has an additional Part of Spirit contraparallel Jupiter (U) and the latter Aldebaran parallel Asc (U). The conlusion is the same in both of these cases although Manchester Utd are very heavy favourites so even all these indications might not be enough to warrant an upset.
Peter

Ficina wrote:I almost went for the 0-0 half-time scoreline because I thought the Moon/Saturn indicated that we would have a long wait for a goal. This was supported by the fact that Mars and Jupiter wouldn't cross the angles until after the first half.
Could you please elaborate on the second sentence above? How does crossing the angles relate to scoring in your experience?
Peter

With respect to the Manchester Utd - Wolverhampton match, the favourite is expected to win by over two goals (supremacy is 2.14). In my interpretation, a ManU win by three goals or over plus the 2-0 score (likelihood: 54%) will be an indication that the favourite was supported. Any other score will point in the direction of underdog support.
Peter

How does crossing the angles relate to scoring in your experience?
Oh, it's something I've looked at on and off over the years and have occasionally mentioned here on the forum. It's not very reliable either for timing or for number of goals and even less so for who actually scores them. In fact I've sometimes wondered if it's simply coincidence when it has 'appeared' to work! In the case of this chart there were supporting testimonies - for timing, plus the Jupiter factor - so perhaps that's the way to go. I'll keep an eye on it.

OK thanks. I have also observed that certain planets crossing house cusps and angles changing signs tend to coincide with goals. Never took the time to verify this rigorously though, so as you say it might just be coincidence.
Peter

I was going to give tonight's games a miss with so many kicking off at the same time but I've had a look at the Sunderland/Villa game and thought I'd just comment on the radicality which I found interesting.

The hour is about to change from Mars to Sun, so either way the chart is radical. The former by nature and triplicity, suggesting a draw; the latter by same planet which would normally favour Villa (as faves) but the hour-ruler being L1 Sunderland (home team) cancels it out which would also suggest a draw.

I realise this could apply to all the 7.45 games (of which there are many) although it might vary slightly across the UK. As far as the Prem is concerned though, it's a 'one-off' so perhaps will be more meaningful. We shall see.

Regarding laying the favourite, is this the same as the Double Chance bet? If so, the odds for Sunderland-Draw are currently around 1.50 which is not great value, although others may disagree. Sunderland's odds have been shortening all day.

Ficina wrote:Regarding laying the favourite, is this the same as the Double Chance bet? If so, the odds for Sunderland-Draw are currently around 1.50 which is not great value, although others may disagree. Sunderland's odds have been shortening all day.
Yes, backing the other two outcomes (Underdog and Draw) is the same as laying the favourite. Of course with the odds changing, it's possible that Sunderland becomes the favourite by kick-off time! When there is no clear favourite, other approaches might work better.
Peter