Should I take the short route or long route?

A client called me and asked if he should take the short route to getting his degree sooner (a BIS (Bachelor's in Information Sciences?) versus a longer route to get his BSW. (His department only offers key courses once a year, so it will take him three years to get his BSW instead of year with the other option.) I understood the question as "Which course of action should I take, the short or long course for success?"

The details for the question are 2/24/05 at 11:43:15 a.m. in Williamsburg, NY USA +5. 23 Gemini rises with an under the sun beams Mercury in Pisces in the 10th house with an applying opposition to the hour ruler, the Moon, in Virgo in the 4th house. Saturn is the signficator of both his 9th (University) and 10th houses, and he's disposited by the Moon. There is an applying trine between Mercury & Saturn and an applying sextile between the moon and Saturn. Of course, Mars will be afflicted by Jupiter and Saturn shortly in a T-square, but for the moment, there's only the Jupiter/Saturn square.

I told him to take the long route, because of the applying the trine to Saturn and the moon opposition, expressing more his impatience. This also was confirmed by progressed chart. However, and what I want to ask the group, is what would you make of his applying Saturn/Mars/Jupiter t-square? I thought it speaks of some problems with money and aid. Would he decide on the long course and run out of money? I'm open to delineations.