My friend has debilitated Saturn in Leo (the ruler of her Capricorn Asc) in her 7th. She is attracted to older men, but she has had relationships with the men of her age too. She is not very good looking but sexy (very loaded 8th house in Virgo), and attracts people relatively easily. But she is in her early 30s now, and she had a few serious relationships but no marriages, and most of her serious relationship either were very abusive, or ended up in a hurtful way. She has popularity with men, and she dropped a few relationships herself. I think she wishes to marry someone who will take care of her, especially financially and to have a family, but last few years, with Saturn transiting her 7th house, and now the 8th, no good opportunities came. She is a little restless too with her Moon in Sag in the 11th house but I think she longs for some security.

It's interesting to see if anything 7th house noteworthy happens for 7th house Saturns, or 7th ruler Saturns, on their Saturn return. I have a 7th house ruler Saturn in Virgo, and my Saturn return (which retro'd twice onto my Saturn) revolved around 7th house matters. The Saturn return chart is very interesting to me, especially the 3rd one (after the 2nd retro). My best friend has a 7th house Saturn in Virgo too and her marriage almost ended during her Saturn return. An online friend with a 7th house Saturn is going through her return right now and her marriage seems to be ending, or at least is in a crisis.

Anyway, just something I've noticed. The Uranus opposition can't be helping these folks right now though (or T-square with Puto).

I have a female friend with saturn in 7th. I recall joking about it back in early 90ies, that either she doesn't ever marry or marries old. She still hasn't married and she was never after that or "security" through marriage.
She is very good looking, very attractive personality, quick witted, had younger and older relationships, healthy sexual life (neither slutty, nor forced celibacy).
I should add she is not stupid or falsely hypersensitive when it comes to relationships but neither pessimistic and she had very good options concerning potential mates to chose (through her whole life so far), from top famous stars to established young doctors, to unknown guys (she doesn't give a darn about prestige).
In short, apart the fact she never had a legal marriage, there was no obstruction whatsoever from that saturn.
Be kind, but be brave.

http://wroskopos.wordpress.com/

This is a very, very interesting thread! I admit that my Saturn isn?t in the 7th house but it rules the 7th from the 11th. The 7th house itself is occupied by the Sun and Venus in Capricorn, with Capricorn on the DC.

I hope I?m not hijacking this thread (if I am, please tell me so and I will retreat immediately) but do you think that Saturn creates just as many difficulties as when it is the ruler of the 7th house?

My Saturn is not only the ruler of the 7th house but also in a mutual reception with Venus (Saturn is in Taurus). I have had three significant loves that failed miserably due to outer circumstances.

Of course, my Sun and Venus are also under pressure from another malefic (Uranus in the 4th house, forming squares to both) but my specific question is about Saturn?s effect as a ruler of the 7th.

Peace.

Yuliana

I actually know several people with SAturn in 7th, and what I noticed about their relationships is... they tend to be attracted to people who they feel stabilize them, or who they feel they can be stable for... that is the only common factor I've noticed about these 5 people, all of whom happen to be men. So I don't know what it might be like in a woman's chart. Possibly the same?
I am close to at least two women: my sister and my best friend (a woman) have this. I would agree that it is diffiuclt to make conjectures off of one planetary influence. My sister and my best friend are very different, and also different in how they view relationships. My sister has Cap rising with Saturn in Cancer in the 7th. My best friend has Pisces rising with Saturn conjunct the ASC ruler Jupiter in Virgo in the 7th. My sister is attracted to younger men and is a feminist who views relationships as a burden (she has never had a relationship in her adult life but explored as a teen), while my best friend is a conventionalist whose greatest wish was to have a family (she is now married with children). She married someone one year younger than her while in her late 20's. Neither one of them are hated by others, they are both good at making friends, and my sister is very beautiful, and was especially in her younger years (Venus in the 1st) and could have just about any man that she wanted.

I will say that Saturn does describe my best friend's husband a bit, and he has a lot of Saturn influences in his natal (so does she - she is a Cap Sun/Mercury), including a Venus-Saturn square. Her relationship is very difficult and both sides feel coldness from the other, etc. Her ex boyfriend also left her while pregnant, so she has had some disappointments.

I would say that the house ruler is going to have major input. I have zero planets in my 7th, but Saturn rules my 7th and describes that house's influences very well.

granny_skot wrote:I actually know several people with SAturn in 7th, and what I noticed about their relationships is... they tend to be attracted to people who they feel stabilize them, or who they feel they can be stable for... that is the only common factor I've noticed about these 5 people, all of whom happen to be men. So I don't know what it might be like in a woman's chart. Possibly the same?

Granny
I agree with Granny here. My partner has Saturn conj. his DESC. He has a lot of water in his chart, so I believe I work as a stabilizer for him. I, having my own Saturn trine my MC, have helped him in the past to organize his bussiness (his Saturn in in Virgo).
In other cases I?ve seen of people with Saturn in the 7th, they usually start dating seriously very late, but they manage to get their relationships going for lots of years.

Best to you,

Melina
www.starryherald.com.ar