Ficina wrote:Many thanks for the heads up. I am dashing off to B&Q to purchase my patriotic wheelbarrow before they (inevitably) sell out :lol:
Is that instead of the conventional stretcher, Ficina?

There seems to be an aweful lot of injuries this year... :(
http://www.astronor.com

The NASA graphics of the 11. July eclipse path posted by Mark is terrific!

Here is an 'Action Replay':
The eclipse is at its greatest at 19S42 121W54. While the eclipse 'lands' or ends in Argentina, the total phase of eclipse is visable as far north at 15S56. This is on parallell with the capital of Brazil, Bras?lia, that is located 15S45, 47W57! This could be absolutely stunning! 8)

Tables:
http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEmono/TSE ... -tab3A.pdf

Andrew Bevan wrote:The Solar eclipse on 11 July 2010 occurs at 19CN25. OK - check out the Astro*Cartography map for the initiating eclipse of the Saros 12S-series that occurred on 31.aug 1541.
I am not sure whether we should refer to the origins of this particular eclipse which will be on the date of the Cup final. I think that we are going to complicate the issue (however, I admit that I may be wrong). I'd rather try to guess an aswer from the horary and the event chart. Eclipses are a tricky thing.

First, the Sun and the Moon are placed in the 5th, the natural house of competions, in Cancer. It fits well to desribe the match for gold. The Sun has no essential dignities in Cancer, it is completely overpowered by the Moon which is going to put he out. This means that the silver - Argentina (it has acquired the name from bountiful silver mines) is going to grab the gold. Cancer is the 10th sign from Libra (indicating success for Argentina). ho will be its oponent in the final is by far harder to guess. It can be Brazil, Portugal (Pisces) is unlikely with Neptune retrograde on ASC. Portugal has never played in the finals, and with its ruler retrograde it is unlikely that it will be the case.
I believe that Germany or England will the team to play against Argentina in the final. Reasoning: Uranus the lord of ASC, retrograde in Aries conjuct with Jupiter (the ruler of intercepted Sagittarius in 10th). Besides Uranus rules Scorpio by exaltation which is on the cusp of 10th. Tradional rulers of Scorpio Mars and Saturn of Acquarius both in Virgo casting antiscas to Aries (Germany or England). It should suffice for Germany or England to play in the final. If there were no eclipse, I would say that Germany or England would gain the gold. The Sun ruling Aries by exaltation in Cancer ruled by Jupiter exaltation disposed in Aries (mutual reception by exaltation). The eclipse is going to make the Sun, the exalted lord of Aries (Germany or England), totally powerless. It means that Germany or England will most probably not win.
I am inclined to think that Germany will play in the final. In 1990 when Germany won the Cup, Jupiter was in Cancer in 21st conjuct with the Sun and applying to Saturn by opposition (Jupiter and Saturn opposition is also the case in the event chart and the horary). Eclipse will take place in 20th (19:25). The Sun (Germany) will not reach Jupiter, the Moon catches he up and puts out (may be the winner will turn out in a serie of penalty kicks or by single penalty as it was the case in 1990).

There is yet another connectedness with 1990. Uranus retrograde was in Capricorn in its second house, whereas Pluto retrograde was in Scorpio. Now Pluto retrograde is in Capricorn, in the second house of Uranus, whereas Uranus retrograde is in Aries, in the second house of Pluto. It means that something from the past is going to repeat.

I will bet that Argentina will play against Germany in the final and Argentina will win. However, I admit that the eclipse might prove to be pretty foul for the country in which it is seen, and Germany might win repeating the triumph of 1990. With all Transsaturnian planets retrograde as it was the case in 1990 it may happen.
:?

Welcome to the forum, Janis. You've made a good case for Argentina but I think it more likely they will meet Germany at the quarter-final stage. I haven't actually looked at the charts for their group games (too many!) but they are both expected to win their groups. If they are runners-up, then this will change the pattern of course. Hopefully the tournament will produce a few surprises along the way (makes it more exciting) so we shall see :)

Hello Andrew,

Just need to clarify something about your horary. I noticed you gave a lot of emphasis to the planetary hour ruler in your horary delineation of the 1986 World Cup. I took a look at this one too and Mars appears to be the planetary hour ruler. Do you consider the chart radical?

http://skyscript.co.uk/hour_agreement.pdf

Regards

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

First, well done Janis! You provide some interesting astrological reasoning on basis on the charts and conclude that Argentina will win. Particularly I like the way you associate Argentina with silver. Either way, I think this is the right way to think and work out the puzzle! Even in my own mind, Argentina 'could' get it. This, according to my horary, has something to do with Venus having greater essential dignities and is elevated above Mercury and Mercury is retrograde. You suggest Germany or Britain in the final with Argentina? That could be exciting. :'

If, however, Mercury represents the winner in the horary, then his placement in the exaltation degree of the Moon could even give a leaning to Cancer and indicate the Netherlands. However, my preference goes to the Virgo ascendant that receives the trine from Pluto and Mercury is in a feminine sign that refers to its feminine domicile/rulership.

The horary is just an individual approach or attempt to cotton on to the collective action, and I am not claiming monopoly on that, that is for sure. Both the horary and my manner of dealing with it will either stand or fall, no more than that. It's up for discussion. It's the goals that will count! :)

Mark,
Yes - any chart offers a more comfortable ride when there is agreement between the Lord of the hour and the ascendant or its lord and the chart is proven radical. My 2010 horary is cast on the Day of the Sun and Hour of Mars with Virgo in the Ascendant. There is no agreement between the Lord of the hour and the ascendant or its lord. However, seeing that the Lord of the ascendant was in the exaltation degree of the Moon and the Moon cast her sextile to the MC and applied to her dispositor, Jupiter, who also is a benefic - I decided these factors 'saved' the chart and offered it merit.

This is the most interesting prediction. It means that Uruguay will beat France in the opening game.
Warm Regards,
Rohaan Joshii

Andrew Bevan wrote:First, well done Janis! You provide some interesting astrological reasoning on basis on the charts and conclude that Argentina will win. Particularly I like the way you associate Argentina with silver. Either way, I think this is the right way to think and work out the puzzle! Even in my own mind, Argentina 'could' get it. This, according to my horary, has something to do with Venus having greater essential dignities and is elevated above Mercury and Mercury is retrograde. You suggest Germany or Britain in the final with Argentina? That could be exciting. :'

If, however, Mercury represents the winner in the horary, then his placement in the exaltation degree of the Moon could even give a leaning to Cancer and indicate the Netherlands. However, my preference goes to the Virgo ascendant that receives the trine from Pluto and Mercury is in a feminine sign that refers to its feminine domicile/rulership.
Andrew,
Thank you for the encouragement. If I am correct you are leaning to Brasil as the winner. It could be. The rulers of the ASC and MC Saturn and Marss in Virgo (Brasil). The dispositor of Saturn and Marss Mercury in Leo (the gold). But what can we do with the dispositor of Mercury the Sun, blacked out in Cancer by the Moon (silver)? If there is a Solar eclipse during the final, disposed in 5th in Cancer, the kingdom of the Moon, I think it should be the clue how to solve the puzzle. The country associated with the silver (Moon) should win (I guess Argentina). I choose Argentina because of the symbolism of its name despite that it is ruled by Libra and Venus. Besides, Chiron the co-ruler of Libra (according to AVESTA astrology it is the first ruler of Libra) is retrograde suggesting that Argentina should regain the Cup. Argentina won the Cup in 1978, a year after the finding of Chiron in 1977. Chiron is conjuct Neptun retrograde on ASC in the event chart. In 1978 Argentina played against the Netherlands in the final. It could also be the case.
Let's see. I'll be waiting Maradonna running nake along the streets of Buenos Aires.
:lol:

Ficina wrote:Welcome to the forum, Janis. You've made a good case for Argentina but I think it more likely they will meet Germany at the quarter-final stage. I haven't actually looked at the charts for their group games (too many!) but they are both expected to win their groups. If they are runners-up, then this will change the pattern of course. Hopefully the tournament will produce a few surprises along the way (makes it more exciting) so we shall see :)
Thank you, Ficina

If both Argentina and Germany win their group they will meet at the quater-final. I believe that it will not be the case. Argentina usually starts not very convincingly gaining confidence with the course of the tournament, it may come second in the group. :-?

Having tried Frawleys method with limited success; it may have left Johns pockets jingling but mine remained resolutely silent, I've decided to go it alone this time. If this method fails - which is highly probable! :D - I might resort in sheer desperation to the much vaunted 'colour method'. :-T

South Africa 1 Mexico 1

Two key moments

1) in late first half as MO moves from 7th to 6th house (goal for Mexico)

2) early 2nd half as MA moves from 10 to 9th house (goal for SA).

An interesting game marred by episodes of controversy and several bookings. The referee loses control of the match early on in proceedings.
Mad Daz's Place, quiet but never boring
http://pinkmelon.proboards82.com/index.cgi

Hi folks. Could someone tell me how to read the match ups for WC in regards to home/away assignments? (Jerseys)

In Nevada,USA where sports betting is legal, we always had the Home team listed second, away team first.but I'm gathering that's not the case here... I'd like to get my Color schemes straightened out before I prepare charts.

Thanks