OK, thanks for clarifying!

I know we are not trying to offer a reading or advice, only whether or not we agree with the astrologer's interpretation (and I think it's safe to say we don't), but having a better idea of the over all experience of the querent, especially her need/desire to ask the question (the influences of the situation) might help in understanding her signification best. We can always assume things based on placements, but it's generally easier to verify what it is telling first (that it makes sense and fits).

Talia,

The astrologer who wrote the following has Not put enough hours in the study of horary because:

1) one of the most basic clues to answering a horary is the Moon's shape, and it is clearly VOC

The advice of the original astrologer:
The Astrologer?s Answer:
Quote:
You are represented by the Ruling Planet of the 1st House - The Man is represented by the Ruling Planet of the 7th House with the Moon as an influencing factor.

You (Mercury) The Man (Jupiter)

Both Jupiter and Mercury are found in the Seventh House keeping Company with Uranus. The Seventh House is Marriage and Partnership. Uranus is the Sudden Unexpected Unplanned Happening

The Aquarius Moon is in the Fifth House which represented Lovers.

I would say that there is a definate Dating and Serious Relationship with this man on the Horizon. Possibly Marriage.

Mercury is in Pisces while Jupiter is in Aries - Although they are in different signs. They are still in Conjunction. The Aquarius Moon is keeping company with Venus in a compatible sextile with Aries Jupiter. The Uranus on the Horizon with the Eight House can mean a strong Sexual Attraction.

In Traditional Horary Astrology, there are considerations before a chart is considered valid but Modern Astrologers read it regardless.

2) The Moon is also an indicator of the Querant yet this astrologer does Not mention that fact

3)Not only did the astrologer not state that if this was a chart 'fit to be judged', not only the man is represented by the 7H, but the sought after relationship would be Jupiter lord of the 7th if this was a chart that could be shown some real answers.

4) The astrologer is using the Moon as a 'love affair' indicator. John Gadbury, Lilly's rival, used the 5th for love affairs but I have come to understand that this was Not a Traditional approach, and has since been labeled as kind of an 'outlaw' or renegade practice to use the 5th as the matter.

5) From what I'm reading in this analysis the horary artist is very vague about the foundations of horary both Traditional and most Moderns

Tanit we are here to give advice as well as learn, for if I understand Lilly correctly *he with all his adeptness regarded himself as a student of horary also*. And occasionally the best Horary artists will argue points of the Ancients and Lilly's methods as if some points are inferior.

I.E. Like Lilly's concept of the Moon when VOC yet in within aspect to a planet in another sign as readable. This one has raised some real eyebrows and has been a great source of contraversy. I've tested it myself and though it was close it never perfected as Lilly states *If* I understand Lilly correctly.

6) This chart with the VOC Moon is saying both No Marriage nor even a potential relationship of the courtship type.

Clinton Garret Soule

The wise one knows the true expert is one who knows how little they know

Talia,

Depends on the question :) For someone who wanted to know if they could get away with a crime, for example, they might be delighted to find a VOC Moon in their horary, because it is one testimony that nothing will happen. Context is everything.

Regards,
Nina
Nina Gryphon

ninagryphon.com
Your questions answered.

These comments above are super. I want to comment back since you all took time to check the chart.

Hearing back from the woman (querent) who asked for this chart is getting me scratching my head. She said the man in question contacted her, they chatted for hours and he requested a date.

Needless to say. I'm confuzzeled! I'll be looking again at the chart.

I'm honestly not very surprised because Jupiter here might represent opportunity, I just hope that the querent does not sabotage opportunities.

Just because a chart has a void Moon and other difficult indicators does not automatically mean that a quesited is at fault. I think many horary readers do this far too often - sometimes the querent needs to check their own behavior. Jupiter as a superior also does not automatically mean disinterest. Jupiter is not a planet I associate with disinterest when essentially dignified, as I said. That's not of his nature - he's not around in order to intentionally make anything more difficult.

Mercury, the querent, applies to Jupiter the quesited, by contrantiscion (Mercury moving to the contrantiscion of Jupiter): something is going to happen, querent will be undertaking/moving something but it might result to nothing (Moon VOC).
Mercury L1 being in its detriment because of showing its interest in the other party by having located itself in the opposite house/sign, doesn't mean a thing, except that: the interest in the other party.
L1 being Mercury and also being in its *fall* in the sign of the 7th, *should* mean a thing, as does its being combust.

Going with John Frawley (I don't wish to reopen that debate, mind you), Mercury in Pisces is deeply interested in Jupiter.
Going with that "obscure" or confusing approach written by Lilly on p317 of CA, as quoted by Tanit, means that it is almost the other way around: Jupiter as dispositor of Mercury in Pisces, takes responsibility for Mercury.
Also: Mercury IN the 7th house, as opposed to "on the cusp of the 7th": querent is "in the power of" quesited, as is somehow "fitting" for a love- or relation-question...

But Mercury and Jupiter not being able to see one another, and no party available to collect or transmit their light(s), I 'd say it comes to nothing.
:-(
Herman

http://www.hervaro.be

Hi Herman,
I can see Mercury approaching the contra-antiscion of Jupiter, but what I do not understand here, is the fact that the man, Jupiter, was the one who took the action? What am I missing here? According to Lilly, p. 317, indeed "the quesited loved best." Would that be the explanation here? I too do not think there is much future for a relationship here, the Moon applying to Neptune suggests confusion or rose coloured glasses:)
Tienka
www.astrologiepraktijk.nl

the Moon applying to Neptune suggests confusion or rose coloured glasses:)
Mercury combust, in fall and detriment (yet angular) and Moon applying to Neptune might also suggest the querent is not reporting the truth to the astrologer.
:x

Outcome: They met on Apr. 25 and had a date. It was quite good and they're still communicating, trying to find another time to meet up. It's been reported as "very passionate". She feels it has "cooled off" for now however. Not sure.

I don't know if anyone can explain this.