Do UFOs exist?

Now that's a horary question ! :)

Do UFOs exist?

Jul 2, 2005, 9:57:43 pm EED (6:57:43 pm GMT)
Tirgu Mures, Romania (46n34, 24e33)

Anyone willing to give it a try ?

We could interpret it as "Is this information/rumor true" ... ?

I don't think that's a fit question for horary. One of the rules of horary is that the question only gets to be asked once. It's reasonable to assume that someone, somewhere has asked this question before, so no matter how sincere we are in asking the quesion the chart would not be valid.

It's the same way with doing a chart for an election or other such public event. We just have to assume that someone's already asked the question. For an election a lot of times people will do an event chart, or look at the contenders' natal charts and compare them to the event chart.

You might be able to do a question involving a specific UFO siting. For example if really wanted to see one and someone told you that if you fly to the Gobi desert you'd be guaranteed a front row seat. Being the suspicious lot you decide to see if it's worth your time and effort and ask the question, "Will I see a UFO in the Gobi desert?" That would be a valid question, but I have not idea what house you'd use for a UFO. The 11th? - things hoped for? The 9th? - airlines?
Mark F

Thank you for your reply.

I'll tell how it happened: I was studying the Galactic Center along the history and was sharing with my girlfriend what I found - on July 1947 when the UFO Roswell incident took place, Uranus was in opposition with the Galactic Center and that would explain our meeting with technology from the outer space. She was kind of reluctant to this story and told me she didn't believe in UFOs. Then she said: "I have a horary for you - do UFOs exist?".

This question was asked only once. She didn't ask it on other occasion. I think her interest was genuine.

As for the house assignment, it just came to me that since the UFOs are unidentified flying objects, we could assign them the 2nd house for objects, so the question may be rephrased "Does this object exist?". The 2nd house cusp is in Pisces - which is great, since the objects are unidentified - with its ruler Jupiter (or even Neptune) in an air sign (flying object). Uranus on the 2nd cusp stands for the sophisticated technology. So the chart describes the question.
Mars (injury) in the second house and Jupiter (2nd house ruler, the UFOs) in the 8th house may relate to what happened at Roswell (the crash).
And describes her reluctance to accept aliens (the Galactic Center partile conjunct the 12th house cusp). Jupiter is also ruler of the 12th house (unknown things) and 11th house (technology).
So it seems that these UFOs exist but how to determine their nature?
Who is behind this technoology? Who owns it?
One way would be to look at Jupiter's dispositor. It is Venus in Leo. Does this describe an alien? Leo is not a human sign, on the contrary it is feral, a wild sign. Venus is ruler of the 9th house (the foreigners, in this case, the foreigners to Earth, the aliens).
This is interesting because Venus is commonly referred to as Earth's sister planet, so these aliens might be a "sister civilization", a civilization similar to ours.
The 9th house cusp is in Via Combusta, the wildest region of the zodiac.

Ohh I don't know about all of that.

Like I said the rules seem to be not whether your friend has ever asked the question before, but has ANYONE at all asked the quesiton before. That's why we don't do horary to for political elections. Just because you haven't asked the question doesn't mean that no one else has. Think about it a second, it can't be any other way. If everyone were allowed to ask, say, "Who will win the presedential election?" eveyone would get different charts with different results. It would seem to be the same for UFO's.

And I'm not at all sure about UFO's being in the 2nd house. The 2nd house is personal property so unless you're the owner of one, they can't be covered by the 2nd house. I could see them being the 3rd house maybe as a form of transportation.
Mark F

How could I know if a question has been asked before? Isn't every question unique? Am I not unique in the world by genetics, nativity, education, life experiences? I therefore suppose that the processes of my mind, my questions, are unique as well.
As I understand this, the horary astrology is about what is really happening in the querent's mind, not about how the question is phrased.

You can't know if a question has been asked before.

So do you think that thousands of people can ask who will win a political election and each will receive a valid answer?
Mark F

I've seen a horary on the US presidential elections published on Oct 15 by an astrologer named Clinton Soule on the email list HoraryHour:

QUESTION: Will Bush be re-elected as President in 2004?
TIME: 5:44 pm PLACE: Reno, NV DATE: 10 / 14 / 2004

He delineated this horary chart correctly...

I asked a similar question last year on the presidential election in my country and the horary chart was accurate. I didn't delineate the chart at that time, only afterwards, but the chart was quite clear.

So there seem to be no problem in asking political horary questions as long as the interest is genuine.

Questions

So do you think that thousands of people can ask who will win a political election and each will receive a valid answer?
I personally think yes, or at least it should ! In I ching, everyone will say that if I ask, Will a new tsunami happen this year, and one million other people ask the same thing, all will receive a true answer, that can be more or less easy to interpret, but all true. I think this is a little lack of confidence in the oracule.

My disconfort with the question is other. One is metaphysical. I don?t think horary can answer things like "astrology work ?", "is there a god ? "or worse "What astrological house should I use in this election I want to do" etc.

Other problem is the practical one, how you will ever know if you are right ? If you want to do "just for curiosity", well, then any answer, right or wrong, is equally aceptable, because there is no way to really check the results, so you will have AN answer and will interpret in a way you like it.

And let?s not forget, in this question there is only two answers, so even if we discover some day that UFOs do exist, this doesn?t necessarily means this method is right, just that you got luck :-)

Yuzuru

Re: Questions

yuzuru wrote:My disconfort with the question is other. One is metaphysical. I don?t think horary can answer things like "astrology work ?", "is there a god ? "or worse "What astrological house should I use in this election I want to do" etc.
Is there a right and a wrong answer to this question? If so, then the horary astrology can answer these questions as well...

My personal opinion is that the first two questions are not quite good. Asking if God exists is a meaningless question because of metaphysical reasons.
However the question "what astrological house to us a a target for this or that election" may be a valid question as long as you are smart enough to delineate correctly the horary chart.

My personal standpoint is that if a question can be answered clearly, then horary will be able to answer it as well.
yuzuru wrote:Other problem is the practical one, how you will ever know if you are right ?
If there is a way to check your interpretation, use it and you'll find out if you were right or wrong. If not, then it is the same as having a faith or following a certain religion/spiritual path: you believ in it, but you'll never be able to demontrate it without doubt to the others.....

Difficult and wonderful in the same time :D

you believ in it, but you'll never be able to demontrate it without doubt to the others.....
My question exactly: if you have faith, you don?t need to ask, if you don?t have it, you can?t have an answer, so there is no need to ask in any case :brows

Do UFO's exist?

I have to agree with Mark on this one: I have always found that a proper horary question must involve something that the querent is personally involved with.

Perhaps if your qirlfriend were an astrophysicist, study UFOs, it might be an appropriate question, but horaries are not meant to satisfy idle curiosity or to "test" astrology or the astrologer.