Which significator for a used car?

Suppose a Querent asks the question: "Should I buy this used car?" The Querent does not personally know the vendor, so the vendor is 7th house. My question is, what is the significator of the car? I would have thought that since the car is the moveable possession of the other person it is shown by the ruler of the 8th house (being the 2nd from the 7th). However, I came across a passage in John Frawley's "The Horary Textbook" (p. 172) which says: 'The object is shown by the 2nd house. Although it is not yet the querent's possession, it is the querent's potential possession, so we can judge from the 2nd...The question is all about the querent's moevable possessions (2nd house); it boils down to "Should I exchange some of my 2nd-house stuff (money) for this other 2nd-house thing (object desired)?". I don't think this is correct, but I would like to know what others think.

If it was me I'd use the second house. If you were asking about the car for the purposes of a particular journey then I might not use the second house for it.

But this is a simple buying and selling question, it's less important what it is that you're actually buying.

The question you're asking is should I buy the car. Look to the second and to the 8th and see which is stronger. Look to the 10th house as the likely price.

See if the Moon is free of malefics.