Will I get the job?

Hi all,

Question asked in June 2012.

2 interviews since then:

First interview with 2 HR (human resources) staff and 1 Finance staff. Successful, through to second interview.

Second interview one week later with 1 HR staff, 1 Finance manager (the manager in charge of the job on offer), 1 other manager not directly related to the role. Also gave a presentation. Outcome unknown.

At the time of casting the chart in June my mind was on the potential of the job. My mind was not set on a simple "Will I get the job?" yes/no question, rather I was looking to describe the workplace to see if it was a good job or not. And following on from that, what are my chances of getting it assuming it is a good job.

So therefore I'm assuming that the chart cast upon applying for the role back in June will show the final outcome as well as some info about the job itself.

Job is Lord 10, Jupiter at 28 Taurus. Intercepted in the 11th house.

I am Lord 1 and the Moon. In this chart the Moon is Lord 1. Moon is at 11 Sagittarius. Applying to 6th cusp. Separating from North Node. Applying to oppose Sun and Venus. Also to square Mars which is in an almost exact square to Venus. Moon also applies to square the MC which will happen before the opposition to Sun/Venus perfects.

I may also consider my competition for this job, i.e. the other applicants, shown by Lord 7, Saturn at 23 Libra inside the 5th cusp and retrograde.

My first thoughts upon seeing Lord 10 in the exaltation of Lord 1: "Oh good". The job thinks I'm better than I am - Fantastic, they think I'm a strong candidate. Lord 10 being at the end of Taurus - Not good. Basically, they think I'm great now but within a short space of time they won't think I'm so great. This testimony also ties in the Moon separating from the North Node - I have a temporary advantage which will wear off. This makes sense in the context of my CV which includes a prestigious academic qualification. I am aware that this can give off a certain first impression which I then have to work against slightly in order to show that I am an actual human being rather than a piece of paper. So unfortunately these two points could show that I will ultimately be unsuccessful and will not live up to that first CV-based impression. Or that I will be successful in the first interview and not in the second which took place one week later.

In addition, once Jupiter moves into Gemini it will gain Saturn dignities - again not good since now the other candidates (Lord 7) will be preferred.

I was concerned by the position of Uranus in the 10th house - this could imply the workplace being or becoming unstable (next sign on from MC - future development). However after researching the company I found they are likely to be bought out by another company within the next couple of years. So that makes sense of the Uranus positioning.

I don't like the position of Mars right on the IC and throwing the square to the Moon and Sun/Venus. He rules the 11th house which would show the money earned from the job, but he doesn't look like he signifies money to me. Not sure what that's about except as a general warning perhaps.

The position of Lord 10 itself is also concerning if I allow a large orb for Caput Algol (26 Taurus). It is also close to the Pleiades which have a negative association. However it is separating from Caput Algol so it may not be as serious.

Lord 1 may also be close to Antares if a larger orb is allowed, although again it is separating. This may be considered a positive testimony as Antares can show positions of status.

Lord 7 is very close to Spica, which gives good fortune. This may override the accidental debility of it being retrograde. Also Lord 7 being in its own exaltation versus Lord 1 which has dignity only by face would indicate that actually the other candidates are better qualified for the role.

I realise that ideally an aspect is needed to show me getting the job. It is possible that the square from the Moon to the MC would do it. However the Moon is within orb of and applying to opposition of the Sun, which is a bad place for the Moon to be. Combined with a lack of essential dignity I think that the Moon lacks the power needed to make anything of that square to the MC.

To sum up, it looks like the company were initially impressed but will soon reconsider and become more interested in the other candidates. I'm not the best candidate for the role since Lord 1 is lacking essential dignity versus Lord 7. There is an applying aspect to the MC but the Moon lacks the dignity to make anything of it, implying I will get a shot at the job (get two interviews) but not get it in the end. Also placing Lord 1 into the 10th house would strip what little dignity it has and render it peregrine, implying I will not be particularly happy or at home there.

All this makes sense given this I am trying to make a career change into a totally new area of which I have no experience... Also that I have had 2 interviews since casting the chart, the first of which was successful while I felt the second one did not go as well.

I should know the outcome within one week and I will update the post here once I know. Please post your interpretations and thoughts in the meantime!

Keren

You will not get the job. The applying opposition of the Moon to the Sun and near the Nodes (Lunar eclipse) should be enough for an answer.

The Sun is almuten of 11th House, where you are rising to a better position. The opposition between you and the social rise is a clear "no, you are not getting there".

You are right about the competition. They are better than you. Also, any winner will rise socially and profesionally, as Saturn is in 11th after 7th and is conjunct Spica, which is beneficial for a very good social standing. Unfortunately, you are not going to be one of the winners.

Jupiter in Taurus is peregrine, the job wasn't that promising for you anyway. I find interesting the fact that no planet applies to Jupiter... as long as he is in Taurus, that is. Just imagine that he is moving forward and there is no planet in an aspecting Sign to apply to him, so that would mean he is void of course.

Also, the Moon is not aspecting Jupiter as long as she is in Sagittarius. Again, the answer is "no job there".
Amor ordinem nescit.
Love does not know order.
- Saint Jerome -

The mixed reception between Moon and Jupiter says that the basic ingredients are there.The question then becomes of how to go about cooking it, as there is no aspect.

Look to Mars- your colleague or a club(11th) who is from near your house or related to father(4th).
Mars and Jupiter are in each others terms and Mars applies to Jupiter and so does Moon to Mars.

Luminaries are always important in Vocational issues- Moon applies to opposition of Sun with recpetion(Moon in day triplicty of Sun)- So keep trying and you will succeed.

If I remember correctly, your last chart had a Caput Algol connection as well- stop fancying its hairstyle :) .

PD

Keren said:
At the time of casting the chart in June my mind was on the potential of the job. My mind was not set on a simple "Will I get the job?" yes/no question, rather I was looking to describe the workplace to see if it was a good job or not. And following on from that, what are my chances of getting it assuming it is a good job.
Keren, regardless of you wanting the job, being happy in the job, etc., you are asking about your job prospects which is the 10th. Mars is the 10th's lord in Virgo and will recieve a Square from Luna, Antrodite(and she is running backwards in this horary), and Sol. And those squares are Yelling No, neither will you get the job nor would you be happy there!

Also, Luna is always the querant and she is first to make the square; a loud testimony by God's heavens that it is Not for you!

You might see the post on this Forum about 'The Sixth House' for work, for unless you are the employer or owner of slaves, the 6th is Not concerned here. Unless someone shows some evidence from pre-1800 writers about the sixth being the house of co-workers; which is said to have been misunderstood by many Moderne writers.

Clinton Garrett Soule

Wise men know how little they know

http://www.newsreview.com/reno/star-rea ... ?oid=22904

Not heard anything yet but having had time to mull it over, I'm having doubts about the whole thing. Some of the questions asked in interview seemed coded. For example the question "how many hours would you work to ensure the job got done?" was an odd one. The manager admitting she worked until 8 or 9pm every month end rang some serious alarm bells. They were selling it to me as a fast-track trainee role but in the end it sounded more like a dogsbody to a company in some serious doggy doo-doo. Probably the truth is somewhere between the two.

Given that in the chart Lord 10 is peregrine and about to move into detriment, I guess the job would not be half as good as they tried to make it sound, as Tzadde pointed out.

Pankajdubey, there is no intermediary in this case since it is just me applying direct to the company from an internet ad. I did try to think up meanings for the position of Mars but I think it can be explained purely as a hindrance due to his essential nature of strife. And I'll try to stop being paranoid about late degrees of Taurus!

Thanks all, I'll post when there's news!

Keren says:
Given that in the chart Lord 10 is peregrine and about to move into detriment, I guess the job would not be half as good as they tried to make it sound, as Tzadde pointed out.
Keren, this may be a good read on the concept of Peregrine by our host:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/61857031/Peregrine

And I do feel for you as an accomplished engineer in a dark economy in England like our own, as I understand Queen Elizabeth may have sold her people out by de-industrializing Britain so bad that with the effects of Parliment's corrupt leadership like the corrupt leadership of the USA's congress and past five Presidents, your nation has also been debased toward lesser earnings and more heavy burdens upon those in servitude.

Clinton Garrett Soule

Wise Men Truly Know How Little They Know

Clinton, I have an engineering degree but am not an engineer. The state of the economy is similarly depressing in many European countries, but although jobs are harder to find they are still out there. So I think it's best to stay positive. Thank you for your concern.

Outcome: No job!

Phone call received around 5pm yesterday (13/08/12). Feedback was that the department the job was in was actually under a lot of pressure due to a couple of key staff being on long-term sick leave. They are chronically understaffed as a result. Reading between the lines, this is part of the reason why they are taking on a trainee - someone who can cover all the work but is not a threat to any existing jobs. This backs up my intuition during the second interview that there was some serious problem in the department which I was not being told about. In fact the issue around working late was given as the main reason I was not offered the job - because I did not give off the impression I would work all hours (unpaid!) at a moment's notice!

The HR manager gave a slightly different view. She actually apologised that I had not got the job (!!) and said I had scored very highly on the first interview and was top of the candidate list. However the final decision was up to the departmental manager who was looking for "fit" into her department more than anything else. So they did ask to keep my CV on file. If nothing else, the way HR have treated me is certainly fitting of Lord 10 in exaltation of Lord 1.

I'm taking it all as positive since I have had interview practice at least. Now considering which direction to turn in next!

Thanks everyone for your input, it has been an interesting discussion.

Keren

Keren,
It's always refreshing to see such a positive outlook (yours) in the face of a "negative" event.

Truth being told, I think the guidance the horary was offering was that this is not a good fit for you, and so the universe took matters into its own hands and simplified your life by simply negating this opportunity.

A blessing in disguise, I think.
Good luck; stay positive and I know a better opportunity will be offered to you :'

I think the answer is no, because ruler of the 10th (Mars) and ruler of the 1st (Moon) don't perfect without frustration, plus the perfection is by square. It looks like Mars is being bombarded simultaneously by the Sun and Venus, and whoever these people are, they look like they are suffocating Mars at the moment. So, while you swiftly apply to Mars by square, these other two bodies block you. It looks like you will hit the Sun first and then Mars, and then Venus, but this could be 2 different situations or some combination of the 2. Firstly, YOU might be frustrated by whoever the Sun is. Secondly, Venus is applying via retrograde motion towards Mars. Also, the reception is rather poor and this horary is laden with squares. This looks like a very tense situation and you might not even like the job to be honest.