I started this PM in about 1986, after a burst of Brennanesque enthusiasm in the preceding years.

Something that may interest you is a brief chat I had with Charles Harvey a few years later. I came out of it focused on the need to know the Mundane territory in the way, some of us, feel the need to know the person, and people!, before commenting on a chart. So simply put not living in the USA and if you do not keeping informed of the sociology will negatively and critically impact on the capacity to think about 2013-2017 realistically.

Pat raises a good question about how even if the astrologers choice wins then if contradictory schemas have arrived at this where do we start. A day one Astro conundrum but nevertheless worth reminding folks. Thus as with Natal astrology the veracity of one?s preferred schemata comes down to consistency and the dreaded stats.

(PS - Sorry to correct Lihin's Frawleyesque stereotyping here,......... this Schmidt idea of Ptolemy as Western Astro?s No 1 Heretic is probably a thread worth starting, or restarting one day, a pivotal pickle on the face of it.............)

Hi Nixx,

As I said earlier lets wait until the race is over until we judge things or start to philosophise on the state of mundane astrology.

Apparently, based on the electoral college seat allocation Obama has a 70% chance of winning. In the face of that I have plumped for a Romney win. :-? I find my political judgement clashing with my astrological assessment here. Its a real head vs gut conflict. Still, I have been wrong before and in this instance, despite the short ego boost a correct prediction might bring, I would prefer to be wrong here too.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

I used to be more old school with this and was taught the Sun was the Reps and the Moon the Dems- the CAN/AQ Sibly reactionary/progressive (or sort of , NB Obama is a Christian let's not forget). Anyway I knocked up the progressed Sibly and transits to it for next Tuesday. Moon/Mars in Libra in the 2nd ' let's sort out the economy but be fair in the process'- re Health Bill maybe?), and Romney's Sun conjunct (bit wide) prog Sibly Sun in 7th, make of that what you will.

But the in yer face one is Saturn on the day is 3'12 SCO as is the progressed Sib Saturn 3'12 SCO - 3rd house. So remembering your Sat= Democrats is there a narrative here re ''responsible communication'' and here Obama seems a winner as he can talk. Leo just about rising as well, he's a Lion. Then again Saturn is often depressing................

Nixx wrote:
I used to be more old school with this and was taught the Sun was the Reps and the Moon the Dems- the CAN/AQ Sibly reactionary/progressive (or sort of , NB Obama is a Christian let's not forget). Anyway I knocked up the progressed Sibly and transits to it for next Tuesday. Moon/Mars in Libra in the 2nd ' let's sort out the economy but be fair in the process'- re Health Bill maybe?), and Romney's Sun conjunct (bit wide) prog Sibly Sun in 7th, make of that what you will.

But the in yer face one is Saturn on the day is 3'12 SCO as is the progressed Sib Saturn 3'12 SCO - 3rd house. So remembering your Sat= Democrats is there a narrative here re ''responsible communication'' and here Obama seems a winner as he can talk. Leo just about rising as well, he's a Lion. Then again Saturn is often depressing................
That almost looked like a prediction Nixx! I had though you were too post modern for such literalism these days?

When you state Sun=Rep and Moon=Dem is 'old school' what is your source for that? Which astrologers proposed that?

You have reminded me I was going to post up some new research I have done on the charts for the two parties. Just hasn't been the time. Still I doubt this two party duopoly is going anywhere soon so I will return to that when the election dust settles. Such charts are not definitive anyway as a party can win the Congressional elections and lose the Presidency or vice versa.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Postmodern?, I hope you are not suggesting my astrology is non-predictive. If so I will need to write a cogent paragraph as to why I may be Skyscript?s most predictive, and traditional, contributor. People are patterns and all that malarkey.

If I bump into the Moon / Sun source or sources again I?ll try and remember to let you know. It?s been annoying me all day, but these twitches pass............

A good point about looking at national or other charts only in relationship to presidential elections. Reinforcing the idea of knowing a lot about how specific countries operate. In London during the Livingstone era there was a sense of existing in a progressive environment even though Thatcherites were imagined to be the only movers and shakers in the eyes of those not on the ground.

Looking at Brennan's round up again I see few mentions of the Sibly, that?s what I would call ''post modern'', no respect today?s Astros have for their elders bumbling. Poor old Ebenezer all that occultist endeavour for nowt. What is really happening here, are the yanks no longer, as a body politic, (none of this 'psychic' nonsense, neuroscience has pretty much destroyed any residual ether) enthusiastic free thinkers operating within a familial teleology?

Kali wrote:
Thank you, Mark for Steven Birchfield & Goran Koncar presidential election charts. Music to my ears.
Thanks. Please note I originally inserted the 2012 Aries ingress rather than 2008 Aries ingress election at the top of Steven's delineation. This error has now been corrected.

Mark

Hi mark,

Thanks for sharing Chris Brennan's article on the views from the astro community on this nov 6th USA election...

"The purpose of this exercise is so that we can go back after the election and have a discussion within the astrological community about which techniques worked, and which ones didn?t."

I think this is a great idea.. however I have a reservation on it in that I think there is more then astro technique involved.. my main reason is I think a lot of astrologers use the technique to guide there intuition.. to suggest that technique is the sole reason for coming to the conclusion (although that is all we can share verbally with others) ignores the idea that intuition plays any role in the guidance and conclusion of astrologers. my 2c

Although much of the media are presenting this election as still effectively a 'dead heat' it doesn't look that way to many electoral analysts.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/ ... A920121104

The Polls now seem to indicate it is highly unlikely Romney can win enough electoral college votes because he has simply failed to convince enough voters in the swing states.

Romney may well take Florida, and North Carolina. He may even capture Colorado, and Nevada. He might cause an upset and take Virginia. Although at present the polls only show him ahead in Florida and North Carolina. However, it now seems very likely Obama will take Ohio. The polls have failed to shift in Romney's favour there for months. Without Ohio Romney has no clear path to victory. The last time Ohio voted against the successful Presidential candidate was over 50 years ago when John F Kennedy just defeated Richard Nixon in one of the tightest elections in American history. So its already looking like an Obama win is highly likely on Tuesday.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... s_ups.html

As ever its about voter turn out. What people say to pollsters is one thing. But are they planning to actually vote? If the Obama core vote dont turn out in sufficient numbers this could still impact on the results and cause a few shocks.

There is that stationary retrograde Mercury. Lets see what that does. :wink:

Mark

Uranian Astrology

A Uranian Astrologer can easily see a "change of government" , as Pluto(change) aligns with TP Kronos(government) on elections day, to perfect the ongoing opposition between them. So, from Uranian Astrology's point of view, it is clear Obama will NOT be the next president, as the quarter Moon on Nov. the 6th, 2012, has the Pluto/Kronos on Mc/Ic lines crossing the USA from North to south.

AquaStella wrote:
A Uranian Astrologer can easily see a "change of government" , as Pluto(change) aligns with TP Kronos(government) on elections day, to perfect the ongoing opposition between them. So, from Uranian Astrology's point of view, it is clear Obama will NOT be the next president, as the quarter Moon on Nov. the 6th, 2012, has the Pluto/Kronos on Mc/Ic lines crossing the USA from North to south.
Thanks. A late prediction but just before starters orders!

If this is so black and white from a Uranian astrology point of view though I am wondering what led Gary Christian the Uranian astrologer on UAC panel to predict an Obama win?

http://politicalastrologyblog.com/2012/ ... edictions/

Mark

Mark wrote:
If this is so black and white from a Uranian astrology point of view though I am wondering what led Gary Christian the Uranian astrologer on UAC panel to predict an Obama win?
Yes, I was wondering about that, too, when I watched the elections panel video from the convention. I emailed him and asked about his astrological reasoning which had lead to that prediction. His prompt reply was quite long but hardly contained any satisfactory astrological explanation, other than "it is pretty clear Obama takes a prominent Oath on the 20th and Romney is looking for a job", and that the Pluto/Kronos combination indicates the changes Obama is to carry out as a president.

As for the inauguration chart, I believe Michael Wolfstar used it to claim it was Romney who will be taking the oath, not Obama, so I guess "there is more than one way to skin a chart".

http://www.neptunecafe.com/election2012.html
:???: