The Life & Work of Vettius Valens
by Deborah Houlding
Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

A question on profession
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dastars

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irisalbus,

The Moon and Saturn are in negative mutual reception in fixed signs. The querent and astrology are unsuited to one another within the context of the question. The profit from the knowledge (2nd from the 9th) is Jupiter in detriment. The Moon is interested in its finances (2nd house sign) and Jupiter will be of no help. End of judgement.

I doubt there will be any studies with that square. The contact will be difficult and without motivation, given by the receptions.

If you like astrology, I suggest you study it informally and/or for the love of it. Then after some time and some experience re-ask the question. Things may appear differently then.
irisalbus

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dastars wrote:
Irisalbus,

If you like astrology, I suggest you study it informally and/or for the love of it. Then after some time and some experience re-ask the question. Things may appear differently then.

I have come to exactly the same conclusion :-)

Thanks for all those who have posted, it was a great help, astrologically and otherwise Wink

Iris
johannes susato

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Irisalbus,

now I have a question to you as querent and Frawley follower: Would you agree with my understanding of Frawley's teachings as right, when I (dare to) say: You hate astrology (house 9) and your possible clients (house 7) and the Problems you possibly have (house eight) because Saturn, Lord of all these houses, receives the Moon, your significator, in his (Saturns) detriment?

But before all: does these statements agree with your personal feelings especially with respect to astrology/house 9 ?

Johannes
Morpheus

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am following this thread with interest.

johannes susato wrote:

Quote:
But before all: does these statements agree with your personal feelings especially with respect to astrology/house 9 ?

The question relates to Astrology as a profession. Am I right? Confused If yes, then it has nothing to do with general interest in Astrology. I am interested in Chess. But I would not want to become Chess Master. Because the professioanl demand to excel is something different than mere interest.

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/
irisalbus

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Johannes,

johannes susato wrote:
Hello Irisalbus,

now I have a question to you as querent and Frawley follower: Would you agree with my understanding of Frawley's teachings as right, when I (dare to) say: You hate astrology (house 9) and your possible clients (house 7) and the Problems you possibly have (house eight) because Saturn, Lord of all these houses, receives the Moon, your significator, in his (Saturns) detriment?

Johannes

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Surely not in fact I do not think that in this case the loving-hating set of concepts should be used (and I am quite sure you also know it).
In The Horary Textbook, Frawley says something like "receptions show the willingness to action" (please excuse that actually I am paraphrasing, not quoting from the English original).
Anyway, I have always been interested in astrology (and in studying as well) and have very positive feelings about it. In fact, I am going on learning it by myself nontheless the question was about investing a (for me, at least) considerable amount of money in a (correspondence) course I know to be very serious, with the prospect of working as a professional astrologer in the future.
So no hatred or lack of motivation at all, from my part :-)

Now that you've asked, I feel like mentioning that at the first glance at the chart, I asked myself if the Ascendant and/or its ruler should not represent me more than this I have, so to say, nothing to do with Cancer or Lion in my natal chart, there is a 0 involved (not by the Moon) but that is in Pisces.... Yet, I suppose the lack of "affinity" between the horary chart's Ascendant/its ruler and my natal chart does not invalidate the judgement.

I hope I answered your question :-)

Iris
irisalbus

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Syed,

you've posted while I was answering :-)

Syed Tariq Javed wrote:

The question relates to Astrology as a profession. Am I right? Confused If yes, then it has nothing to do with general interest in Astrology.

In fact that is partly what I wrote: the horary answer is that I should not start the course I was thinking of and that it would not bring me to the profession of astrologer (nor to its income). As Johannes wrote, the question is "too early".
But it does not affect, nor represents at all, my feelings about/interest in astrology.

Iris
johannes susato

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

irisalbus wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Surely not in fact I do not think that in this case the loving-hating set of concepts should be used (and I am quite sure you also know it).
In The Horary Textbook, Frawley says something like "receptions show the willingness to action" (please excuse that actually I am paraphrasing, not quoting from the English original).
Anyway, I have always been interested in astrology (and in studying as well) and have very positive feelings about it. In fact, I am going on learning it by myself nontheless the question was about investing a (for me, at least) considerable amount of money in a (correspondence) course I know to be very serious, with the prospect of working as a professional astrologer in the future.
So no hatred or lack of motivation at all, from my part :-)

Now that you've asked, I feel like mentioning that at the first glance at the chart, I asked myself if the Ascendant and/or its ruler should not represent me more than this I have, so to say, nothing to do with Cancer or Lion in my natal chart, there is a 0 involved (not by the Moon) but that is in Pisces.... Yet, I suppose the lack of "affinity" between the horary chart's Ascendant/its ruler and my natal chart does not invalidate the judgement.

I hope I answered your question :-)

Iris

Hello Iris,

yes, you have answered my question '(and I am quite sure you also know it).' Very Happy

You are right that Frawley claims to deal with the love and hate concpept in a more abstracted way in others than love questions. But I would expect - if his concept is right at all - and I am rather sceptic about this - that a lover of astrology would not get such a obviously wrong answer as to querent and astrology. Of course Tariq gives an improtant argument:
Syed Tariq Javed wrote:
The question relates to Astrology as a profession. Am I right? If yes, then it has nothing to do with general interest in Astrology. I am interested in Chess. But I would not want to become Chess Master. Because the professioanl demand to excel is something different than mere interest.

But should not then querent/astrology or querent/chess be good motivated in Frawley's sense and only the connection of the good pair querent/astrology with profession or querent/chess with profession be in bad estate?

In any case your question is rising a lot of interesting problems. There is still this: whether your question is too broad because of the inclusion of the courses. What sort of configurations should a chart show giving an answer as for example: "No, do not take these courses expending a lot of money, but be a professional astrologer at once"?

Johannes
johannes susato

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

irisalbus wrote:
in my natal chart, there is a 0 involved (not by the Moon) but that is in Pisces....

. . . and as a little addition to the text above:
There is a very nice antiscion of your 0-pisces-involvement (now in the ninth near its cusp) upon the POF, and as astrology on a certain level does not work without inspiration (Neptune upon your 0-pisces-involvement) there is a certain and perhaps the most important link between you and astrology.

Johannes
Morpheus

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi johannes susato,

Ok I will explain a bit. I was interested in Horary till the end of 2007. Then I become a professional in the early 2008. I confess that I earned a lot but the demands of being a professional astrologer is different from an interest. Its tiring. You have to use only those tools of analysis which work in actual practice. Clients can be very cruel. They poke the eye when your analysis is a bit wrong. Demands of being a horary astrology are tough Leery

Guess what...

A client accused me few days of being a total fraud when in 2009 i read her birth chart alongwith horary question and i said that she would marry after september 2012 most probably in october 2012...see the prediction was made three years ago...She got married in mid of august 2012...she does not see that i was just off by 2 weeks..man...

So I was wondering maybe the Querent chart in current topic is saying....beware of astrology...if you get professional you might have troubles...

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/
irisalbus

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johannes susato wrote:
irisalbus wrote:
in my natal chart, there is a 0 involved (not by the Moon) but that is in Pisces....

. . . and as a little addition to the text above:
There is a very nice antiscion of your 0-pisces-involvement (now in the ninth near its cusp) upon the POF, and as astrology on a certain level does not work without inspiration (Neptune upon your 0-pisces-involvement) there is a certain and perhaps the most important link between you and astrology.

Johannes

Thanks, Johannes, you've enheartened me :-) I really did not notice this, and even if I had, I would not have been sure if considering Neptune was "right". Generally speaking, do you consider Neptune-Uranus-Pluto?
I know they do not and can not take part in the dignification system, but I have read they can be indipendent significators.

And Tariq,
Quote:
So I was wondering maybe the Querent chart in current topic is saying....beware of astrology...if you get professional you might have troubles...

it is a possbile insight, too, thanks. Regarding "ungrateful" clients, Frawley warns horary practitionars expressly in The Horary Textbook, writing that if you prognosticate that the querent will marry in 3 years from now and that is what happens then you are a great astrologer, but if you prognosticate that s/he will marry on the 17th August in 3 years from now and it happens on the 18th August then you are the astrologer who was wrong. :-)

Iris
irisalbus

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Johannes,

Sorry I have skipped your longer answer.

johannes susato wrote:

.... should not then querent/astrology or querent/chess be good motivated in Frawley's sense and only the connection of the good pair querent/astrology with profession or querent/chess with profession be in bad estate?

In any case your question is rising a lot of interesting problems. There is still this: whether your question is too broad because of the inclusion of the courses. What sort of configurations should a chart show giving an answer as for example: "No, do not take these courses expending a lot of money, but be a professional astrologer at once"?

Johannes

Maybe I should have cast a "Search of the Heart" chart first? Or at least publish one for you :-) Seriously, what I mean is that I know that my question refers to a certain astrology course to do in this specific period (not to astrology in general) and all this considering the possibility of earning through the profession of astrologer. And as I know what I wanted to know, the questions you ask were not issues for me.
But I think that if I was doing this horary chart for someone else, I would ask similar questions.
I think "astrology studies" as a 9th house issue and "the earnings deriving from these studies" as a 10th house issue is fine, but first, before posting here (for lack of knowledge and experience) I considered only "profession" as a 10th house issue and "earnings deriving from the profession" as an 11th house one.
Anyway, I think that if only the planet ruling the 9th house was in bad conditions and badly aspected to the querent's significator AND the planet ruling the 10th (and eventually, the 11th) house was in good conditions and in good aspect to the said significator, that could be something reflecting the situation you depicted BUT I would still not know how to distinguish between profession in general and that of the astrologer in particular, to be able to say yes to this profession for the querent.

An addition to my choice in general: as Mercury goes retrograde these days, if it was not for anything else, maybe for this reason it is really not the time to do new registrations and buying courses online :-/

Iris
johannes susato

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Iris,

thank you for your clarifying answers!

Forgive me this late answer, please, Very Happy but it does not seem to be very advantageous to try to follow, testing, an author (here Frawley) who is not one's favourite, at least not in his teachings of "love and hate", Mercury being retrograde.

Of course the astrology in your question has to be understood as the astrology you ask just now, that is: the astrology teached in the internet course. And your further question was, whether you should be then, after having studied this expensive internet course, become a professional astrologer with a sufficient income.

And yes, my problem (no course but astrology as profession at oce) could be solved by a charts answer exactly as you suggest:
irisalbus wrote:
Anyway, I think that if only the planet ruling the 9th house was in bad conditions and badly aspected to the querent's significator AND the planet ruling the 10th (and eventually, the 11th) house was in good conditions and in good aspect to the said significator, that could be something reflecting the situation you depicted [...]

And your problem:
irisalbus wrote:
BUT I would still not know how to distinguish between profession in general and that of the astrologer in particular, to be able to say yes to this profession for the querent.
is to be resolved very easy (I think Horatio alluded to this): As your question refers clearly to the profession as an astrologer, the chart's answer refers to this special profession too.

Johannes
irisalbus

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johannes susato wrote:
Hello Iris,

thank you for your clarifying answers!

Forgive me this late answer, please, Very Happy but it does not seem to be very advantageous to try to follow, testing, an author (here Frawley) who is not one's favourite, at least not in his teachings of "love and hate", Mercury being retrograde.

Johannes

Hello Johannes,

Nothing to forgive :-) I am glad we cleared this question. Thank you and the others for the interest.

Iris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: