Significations for STATUS in the natal chart?

I'd like to purposely take away the 10th house and any planets therein. Perhaps there are no other methods but this is what I'd like to find out!

Assuming lord of the 10th and 10th from Fortune and Spirit are all in bad shape, including planets located inside, or better yet there are no planets inside the house--what other significations are there to find out the ultimate status of the individual? Whether this individual will be respected, the rank they achieve in their life, personal relationships, and their job?

Thank you,

StellarTiggy

Hi StellarTiggy,
What other significations are there to find out the ultimate status of the individual?
Delineation of Rank and Social Status is one of the most important things one need to look into a particular natal figure. All astrologers I've read (ancient) dedicate at least one chapter in their books on this particular issue.

In my own practice, I have tried the method of Ptolemy, which follows many later astrologers from Hephaistio up to Schoener and found him reliable but not as Valens' method for delineating the personal "power" of the nativity.
Greater part of the 2nd book of his Anthology, is dedicated on this issue. The Greek word he uses here is "Hupostasis" which means something like Substance, or Foundation, a foundation of the nativity, the Basis of the Nativity. In other words, delineation of how much power and personal happiness this nativity have.

Anthology is so beautifully put in order in this regard. In his first book Valens gives explanations on the basic nature of the planets, signs, significations of every particular term and also methods for calculation of the ascendant. In 2nd book he starts with delineating the Basics of the Nativity, and this is the Prosperity, or the potential for prosperity which the chart bears.

In what follows, I will give my notes from my personal studies of this book of Valens.

So, for investigating the ?basis of the nativity? (hupostasis), Valens advises us first to look at the light of the sect:
1. The Light itself, how itself is situated and which stars it has in aspect.
(If the Light itself is poorly situated, in bad sign, i.e. house [whole signs for topics], but its triplicity lords are in good shape and in good houses this means that the native's beginnings in life are poor and weak by means of prosperity, but his later years are more blissful, to use this word)
2. In which Triangle (triplicity) lies.
(The triplicity in which the Light lies is also of great importance. If the Light lies in triplicity of a sect member [ruled by a sect member], this is great, if it is in its own triplicity [of which the Light is ruler] it is much better)
3. The first and second ruler of the triangle (on pivot, succedent or cadent, rising or setting, or whether is in its own sign).
{Later on Valens incorporates and the third ruler}
4. Malefic or Benefic having in aspect (witnessed by).
?Having determined all this, then make the prediction?.

So, these are the basic things we need to look for general "power" of the nativity.
If the trigon lords are on AC, MC or some other advantageous zoidia signs) then Valens says forecast a fortunate and illustrious nativity.
If they follow an angle: moderate fortune.
If they are cadent, unfortunate nativity.

We will see later in the tradition, Masha'allah and his student Abu Ali' using this same method. In the Judgments of Nativities, Abu Ali' gives many illustrious examples of this approach. But Valens gives too.

We can notice also that in the Perso-Arabian and Medieval Latin period, same these trigon lords, alongside with the trigon lords of the ascendant, were part of the calculating life expectancy of the native. Namely, in calculating the differentia charts, and whether the charts shows potential for life or the chart negates life.
From this we can conclude that the triplicity lords of the Light of the Time are representing the basic Vitae, the Life Power, or to say it better: "Support for the Life".

But why the Triangle? There is some mystical power in the triangle.
Proclus tells us that "The triangle is the chief agent in the production of sublunary things." And also testifies: "The Pythagoreans assert that the triangle is the ultimate source of generation and of the production ofspecies among things generated."

So, examining the trigon lords of the Light of the Time is of particular importance for delineating not only the life and vitae expectancy, but also for delineating the prosperity and fortune of the native.

In one of the examples (nr.3 later in the same chapter) after explaining the basis of nativities, Valens gives a Sun in 7th in Aquarius with the first trigon ruler Saturn in Aries in 9th, and Valens says that because this Saturn was cadent, this signified that the native came from an ?ordinary? conditions to become wealthy and powerful because the second lord Mercury was at 7th (angular).

So here we can see an example where the first lord of the triplicity represents the stages early in life, while the second lord represents the stages later on in life.
Medieval astrologers like Bonatti, divided these - in their cases 3 - Lords in to 3 equal measures of life time (25 years each, though this number varies in different authors).
Valens' method of delineating when the particular trigon lord will become activated is by using ascensional times of the sign in which this trigon lord is placed.

Valens tells us that cadent trigon ruler gives:
"This star which is a ruler and preceeds an angle is a diminisher of fortune: it puts men in the power of others; it brings men into vicissutides and reduces their rank; it afflicts them with injuries, diseases, and criminal charges, as well as poverty."

So, a cadent planet being a ruler is really weak testimony for the expectancy of the prosperity and fortune of the native. It puts the native under the control and influences of others, in other words, it is repressed, dominated by those above him in social ladders.
In my own practice, I've seen people with cadent lords of the Light of the Time working for other people or for some greedy private corporations where the salary is not constant and the amount varies up to the desire of the owner of the company. One can not be blind and not to recognize a form of modern slavery in this.

But having angular trigon lord ruler is not enough. As in every delineation, one need to examine the aspectual relationships this lord receives. Squares and Oppositions by the two malefics are most dangerous. Having Mars square Sun is sure way that the social status is threatened by infamy and public disputes, quarrels and the social status gained, can turn in some damage, because the nature of the malefics is to negate everything good signified by the other parties, i.e. planets (which signifies something good, in this case, prosperity).

But later in the chapter, Valens tells us that not all hopes are negated if these rulers are unfavorably situated. He says that we can look at the Part of Fortune:
"If the houserulers and their helpers are unfavorably situated it will be necessary to examine the Lot of Fortune and its houseruler. If they are found to be at an angle or just following an angle, with benefics in aspect, then the native will have some good fortune and rank. He will be subject of vicissitudes and reversals on occasion, but he will not be totally at loss."

So, having Part of Fortune situated in a good place, with its ruler also situated in good place, can somehow (though not as if the triplicity rulers of the Light were in good positions) pull out the prosperity in better position.
Abu Ali' says that angular Fortune brings all the great gifts of prosperity, while the cadent one signifies people who are poor and with little prosperity in life.
From this we can see, that there is a measure of gradation in the angularity, succedent and cadent positions of the particular points and planets in natal chart. Succedent planets/points are somewhat mediocre and vary between the other two (again measurement of 3!)

In the next chapter called:
NOTABLE AND DISTINGUISHED NATIVITIES AND IGNOBLE AND DEBASED NATIVITIES., Valens gives further examination of the prosperity of the native. Here is where Valens advises us to look at the so called "Exaltation of the Nativity" which can be calculated in this way.
If the Sun is Light of Time, then you calculate how many signs there are from the sign in which it is positioned up to Aries (its exaltation point) and then calcualte this same amount of distance from the ascendant. Where the calculation stops, this sign is the Exaltation of the Nativity, and its Lord will be particularly important in delineating prosperity and eminence.
For example, if the Ascendant is Cancer, Sun in Aquarius. From Aquarius to Aries, there are 3 signs. We calculate 3 signs from Cancer and we come to Virgo. Virgo is the Exaltation place, and Mercury its lord, "Lord of the Exaltation".
If Moon is Light of Time, then you calculate from Moon's placement (sign) to Taurus (Moon's exaltation) and you calculate this same distance from the ascendant.

Another important point, alongside Fortune, Spirit and Exaltation is The Lot of Basis which can be calculate by the formula (it should be taken the shortest arc between Fortune and Daimon): Asc + Fortune - Spirit (or reverse). It should always fall below the horizon!
So, having some of the Lords of these in the 10th from Fortune, brings great prosperity, especially having the ruler of the Fortune in the 10th of Fortune. But also, having the rulers of these exchanging places brings prosperity. For example, Ruler of Basis with Fortune, or ruler of Spirit with Basis and etc. Valens gives numerous aphorisms regarding this matter, and they should be studied closely.

11th sign from Fortune is the Place of Accomplishments or Acquisitions.
This is fortunate place too.

Let's examine Valens' first example.
"Since the birth was at night, I investigate the moon: this happens to be in Cancer, trine with Mars (Mars should be at Scorpio!). We find Mars rising just after the Ascendant and in its own house <Scorpio>, triangle <Scorpio>, and sect <nocturnal>. Then we find Venus sharing rulership with Mars, being in the Ascendant and in its own house <Libra>. Third, we find the moon at MC in its own house <Cancer>. It is obvious that the nativity is distinguished, since the houserulers are configured so appropriately. Investigating the Lot of Fortune, I find it in Aquarius; Saturn is there, the ruler <of> and in <the> Good Fortune, in its own house <Aquarius> and triangle <Aquarius>. Likewise the 11th Place from the Lot of Fortune, i.e. the Place of Accomplishment, is <Sagittarius>, and Jupiter is there. I also found the exaltation of the nativity: from the moon to Taurus is eleven signs, and the same distance from the Ascendant in Libra brings me to Leo, in <the> Good Daimon. The sun is the ruler of this and since it is found to be at MC with respect to the Lot of Fortune, it made the birth even more illustrious and distinguished (Riley's translation, bold mine)."
So what do we see here is that Valens first investigates the light of the sect and the aspect with her triplicity ruler which happens to be ?rising just after the ascendant?, in its own house, triangle and sect!
Then he examines the second triplicity lord: Venus, and she is in Ascendant (at angle) and in its own house!
Then Valens examines the third triplicity lord, and this is the Moon itself and she is on MC in its own house, and Valens says:
?It is obvious that the nativity is distinguished, since the houserulers are configured so appropriately.?
Then Valens investigate the Lot of Fortune and sees it in Aquarius with its ruler there (Saturn) in the place of Good Fortune (5), also Saturn is in its own triangle.

Valens noticed Jupiter in the 11th place from the Fortune ? the place of acquisitions and Juptier rules also that place.
The exaltation falls in natural 11th in Leo of Good Daimon (11th sign from ascendant). So, Valens notices also the natural Good Houses! And Sun the ruler of exaltation is in 10th from Fortune which makes the nativity even more illustrious!

There are few other examples at the end of this chapter which can be very fruitful for any astrological investigation on the matter of prosperity, and taking time to contemplate them all is really wonderful experience.
Combining all these segments, had helped me a lot in my own practice, delineating the overall social standing, or potential for prosperity in natal charts.

Hope this helped.

Regards,
Ile

I wonder how much the ancients regarded this as written in stone.
With Sun in 8 and triplicity ruler Venus also in 8 conjunct exalted Mars my hopes for fame or recognition are dashed, even though lord of Fortune in 2 is in 10 and the 11th from F is the 12th. Fortune is opposite the 8th house conjunction with no good aspects.
It could be no worse.
http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/John_Lennon

I just had a look at JohnLennon. His chart doesnt seem to conform to the theory.Mercury is in 8

http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Tony_Blair

http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Bill_Clinton

I had a look at a few celebrities. neither T Blair nor Clinton have much of a sign of distinction. Blair`s Venus is in fall and Clinton`s Sun is in 11.
Fortuna gives some indications, but I would expect more in their case.
Same goes for Paul Mcartney assuming he is a Pisces ASC. I remember reading he ad a Virgo ASC.
http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Paul_McCartney

Hi Damon,

First, I would be sceptical in looking Lennon's chart which is of an A cathegory of accuracy, that is "from memory".
If he is born few minutes off the time given, Sun can easily become Light of the Time, and our analysis could take different path (though not quite opposite or non related to this.

But however, let's examine it as it is given.
Moon is Light of Time and she is in Good Daimon - good place!
Her triplicity lords would be Mercury - Saturn - Jupiter, in that order.
It is true that Mercury is in a house that does not produce, or rarely produce good things, that is 8th place. But Mercury is succedent (by signs) and goaded to action, that is, it is angular by divisions. Valens would say that it is in "Operative Degrees" (see book III). However, his beginnings would be mediocre because of this ruler, and his biography confirms this:
"John's early childhood was unstable".

Furthermore, Mercury is in 11th from Fortune, that is, the Place of Acquisitions or Accomplishments! This can give its own benefits in the time ruled by Mercury.

Second triplicity Lord of the Moon is Saturn, which also happens to be its Lord by domicile. He is succedent by signs, but angular by divisions, that is, also goaded to action. He is also ruler of Fortune, and conjuncts the greater benefic Jupiter which is the third ruler of the Moon, also succedent by signs but angular by divisions (goaded to action).

Jupiter as exalted ruler of the Exaltation place in Cancer, is in my opinion more immediate ruler of the Exaltation Place because it regards it by sextile dominating ray, while Moon is in non-mitigated aversion toward this place. So, Jupiter as ruler of the Exaltation Place is in conjunction to the ruler of Fortune, that is Saturn. This is good!
They are both (Saturn and Jupiter) in 5th from Fortune (good place).

Also, they are in same trigon as the Fortune and MC, which furthermore accentuates their importance for career and status.

Mars as ruler of the Fortune by exaltation is in 10th from Fortune, which is also good! He is in same sign with the Sun which is ruler of Spirit and this is in 10th from Fortune, and this also gives good testimony for eminence.

Fortune alone is at MC, again angular and powerful Fortune!

Mercury, the ruler of the Basis is in 11th from Fortune, which is furthermore good testimony!
Venus is with Basis, again good testimony.

Abu Ma'shar says that Venus is not so much debilitated in Virgo, because here she shares some similarities with the basic significations of Virgo, and Virgo is the sign of the musical instruments, playing Lyres and searching for marriage; but also because here debilitation degree is close to her domicile place, that is Libra, and here she very quickly goes from debilitation to power (Libra).

So, Basis in Virgo with Venus here, clearly gives good testimony of his musical nature! (Note also that Basis and Venus regard MC and Fortune by Trigon)

So, I think that the chart indeed shows powerful nativity, with significations also for his musical nature.

Tony Blair. First thing I notice here is that the ruler of Prenatal Syzygy (in Scorpio, preventional), Mars, is on the Ascendant! Valens says that having the sign of syzygy or its ruler on AC or MC gives powerful nativities! Hephaistio accentuates this too, in his Apotelesmatics!
So, these are the first indication for powerful nativities but not all.

Sun as Light of Time is achrematisticos (that is, in unprofitable place) but it is with the Exaltation, that is In the exaltation place, which is good.
Its first triplicity lord is Venus (also ruler of the Exaltation place) in 11th, that is, in the place of Good Daimon!

Second triplicity ruler is Moon in 9th which is cadent place, but not of the "bad" cadent places. However, it is cadent.

Third triplicity lord is Mars who happens to be on the ascendant, and this promise good later years of life.
If we follow what Valens advises us to do at the beginning of book II, we should take the Ascensional time of the sign in which Mars is, as activation of this triplicity lord.

Delphic Oracle software is great for looking this, because you have the Ascensional Times of the signs immediately in the chart, that is inside the square of the chart. We can see that Mars would be activated in his 25th year, that is 26th and because the signs of Venus and Moon already ascended, we can assume that this Mars would rule till the end of his years.

As we can see in his biography, these were crucial years for him as for his beginnings of ascending into the political circles:
The daughter of British actor Tony Booth, Cherie and Blair began seeing each other, and married in 1980. They embarked on a political partnership as well.

Mars is also ruler of Basis in Scorpio and Mercury (the ruler of Spirit) is in conjunction with Venus (ruler of Exaltation) in the place of Good Daimon which is great testimony!

Again, we can see Fortune at the Peak Sign!
Jupiter as ruler of the Fortune and of the 10th from Fortune, is with Sun in the Exaltation Place! Again, powerful testimonies.

Saturn as ruler of MC and of 11th sign from Fortune (Accomplishments) is in 5th house in his own exaltation! Again, powerful and prosperous place.

Of course, the opposition to Mercury and Venus would bring its own problems, but we now look at the basic power of the nativity without the intermediate play of events in life. When Malefic rules the times, their squares and oppositions will be activated, and this will bring its own problems, infamy, quarrels, rumors and etc. But this does not negate the power of the nativity which we examine here.

So yes, this is also very powerful nativity according to the Valens' approach offered in his book II of Anthology.

damon wrote:http://www.astrologycom.com/dignities.html

So what you call second lord of trplicity is the term lord?
At least thats what I deduce from the table for the first 7 degrees of Aquarius shows.
It cant be aspect as Saturn is too far away from the exact square to the Moon to be deemed in aspect

thanks
I use Dorotheus' triplicity rulers:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/im/triptab2.gif

No, the second lord of the triplicity is the one which is not in the sect of favor.
I recommend you to read this article:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/triplicities.html

And this one:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html

Regards

Ile wrote:
damon wrote:http://www.astrologycom.com/dignities.html So what you call second lord of trplicity is the term lord? At least thats what I deduce from the table for the first 7 degrees of Aquarius shows. It cant be aspect as Saturn is too far away from the exact square to the Moon to be deemed in aspect thanks
I use Dorotheus' triplicity rulers: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/im/triptab2.gif No, the second lord of the triplicity is the one which is not in the sect of favor. I recommend you to read this article: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/triplicities.html And this one: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html Regards

Thanks very interesting.
So suppose the third lord of triplicity is in 8th house but exalted.Mixed blessing?
They seemed to use them for houses too. In the last chart, the 8th house lord is in 12th so he warns of an evil end. Hitler springs to mind. Mars in detriment in 8th rules the end of life and is conjunct the death lord Venus,both square Saturn. He died with his mistress.

If my reasoning is correct then a day birth with Pisces Moon in 10 would have a good career in the third part of life as the Moon rules the third triplicity of Pisces and is angular.

I looked at a chart of a comedian whose triplicity lords are all negative and in detriment,yet he is sucessfull,wealthy. But the triplicities for his 10th house sign are all positive http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Herman_Jos%C3%A9

Ile,

This was briefly touched upon but what would you say if all these rulers were in the 1st or the 7th, for example, during a New or Full Moon birth? The Fortune, Spirit, Basis, and their lord in the 1st (or the 7th)? Or the Exaltation in the same two situations? Have you seen successful examples of this?

ALSO: You mentioned if the ruler of sect is poorly placed this will indicate a negative early life, regardless of the trigons. Is this correct? So technically someone can have good trigons and a poor sect light and still have a bad upbringing. Have you seen examples of this?

Hi, sorry for the slow reply, I'm quite busy these days.

I will try to give few more examples, but if one really wants to learn the method, reading Valens is the first thing to do. These texts should be studied with great attention and discipline.

Damon, you asked about the situation of the Portuguese comedian and TV star Herman Jose. I don't know much about him and astrodata bank only says that he made his brake in his 22nd year of life.
I notice also that the chart has accuracy of A - from memory.

Here is his chart calculated in the latest version of Delphic Oracle, which is the main software I use for Hellenistic Astrology investigations.
Now, I feel the need to clear some things up first and this will be good exercise for me to put all of my notes and thoughts in order (regarding the matter).

It is very needful to say something about the concept of Chrematisticos, that is Profitable (advantageous) places, places conducive to business.
???????????? (Chrematistiki)is a Greek word which means something like Profit, Advantage.
Early Greek authors dedicate a great deal on separating the Chrematistikos places from the Achrematistikos (non profitable).
Generally, there exist two main divisions, the one that follows an astrologer by name Timaeus, and another one which follows the King Nechepso. According to this Timaeus, profitable places are all places that aspcets the ascendant (including the ascendant): the four angles (1, 10, 7, 4), 5th and elevents, 9th and excluding the 3rd, which is the only place of these which does regards the ascendant. Dorotheus seems to follow this system.
According to King Nechepso's approach, all places but cadent are Chrematistikos.

I argued on my blog that in my opinion Valens follows the King Nechepso's approach, and this can be easily seen in his explanations of Aphetic points where he very cryptically excludes the 9th as an Apheta.
I can't conclude for sure that Valens really used only the King Nechepso's approach, but I suspect. Another thing which goes into account of the above argument is that through out the book Valens has great prises for the King, but has not so beautiful words for Timaeus.
However, these are my speculations, I don't advocate anything for sure.

So, the 6th and 12th are Achrematistikos in both systems and there is no doubt that these are bad places, cadent and with bad meanings.
Now, being Achrematistikos shows that the planet is not able to produce its significations with great measure, or to bring forth profit, to give "riches" if you like.

But Serapio also tells us that there are further significations which we need to look if we want to delienate planet's strength. Here he uses the word ????????? (Ischuontes), which means to be strong, powerful, able.
These are (among others):
- being in important place (Chrematistikos?)
- making a phasis or appearance.
- Being with a Lot!

Now, of which Lot Serapio speaks?
Can we take the Fortune, Spirit, Exaltation and Basis to this consideration?
I think we can that's for sure! They are all produced, or calculated with the most important factors in the chart: Sun, Moon, Ascendant and Fortune and Spirit, and this why Valens speaks that if the ruler of some lot is with the other lot, this is good (no matter where it falls in regard to the horizon, i.e. which place)!

So, a planet being with some of this Lots will have strength and will bring forth its significations with better health and power.

The word ????????? (ischuontes), was used in the times of the writings of the New Testament to denote "Health", "Strength". In Matthew 9:12 Jesus said:
??????? ?? ????????? ?????? ???? (Hehusin oi ischountes iatru halla). The three English translations says on this:
NAS: [It is] not those who are healthy who need...
KJV: unto them, They that be whole need not..
INT: have they who are strong of a physician, but-rather..

So, being with a lot brings Health, Strength to the planet. It makes it to be "whole" even in bad circumstances.

Back to the chart of Herman Jose.
Moon is Light of the Time and it is in the 1st sign! This is good, even though she falls in non-operative degrees, that is, in 12th division. First sign is very powerful and without doubt most potent place, so I think we can't neglect this!

Her triplicity lords are: Mercury/Saturn/Jupiter, in that order.
Mercury is Achrematisticos, so this will show us poor beginnings of his life.
I don't have much information on his life. This is what I got from imbd:
His career had an humble star in the 70s, when he performed as singer and co-hosted a few varieties shows (Zip-Zip). His first big success as a comedian was with "O Tal Canal" where he performed several characters from a fictitious TV channel.
I can't find information on his childhood though.

Saturn is retrograde in mediocre zodiac position and in 2bd sign but first division. Not so strong Saturn. It regards the Mid-heaven by trigon though and it is with the Basis!

Third trigon Lord is Jupiter, succedent by division but cadent by sign position, and in poor zodiacal shape.

So, probably this is one of those nativities of which Valens advises as to look at the lots!

"If the houserulers and their helpers are unfavorably situated, it will be necessary to examine the Lot of Fortune and its houseruler. If they are found to be at an angle, or just following an angle, with the benefics in aspect, then the native will have some good fortune and rank. He will be subject to vicissitudes and reversals on occasion, but he will not be totally at loss". (Riley's translation p.26).

Isn't this true for his life?
On December 29, 2003, Herman Jos? was accused of various child sexual abuse offences connected with the Casa Pia scandal.[3] In May 2003 he was summoned to appear before the Criminal Court, accused of abusing an adolescent. However, he was able to prove that he was working for the SIC television channel in Brazil at the time. The judge, Ana Teixeira e Silva, dismissed the case.

His Fortune and Spirit are at an angle, with Mars in cadent sign but succedent by divisions, and having Benefics in aspect: Jupiter aspects Mars and Venus is with the Lots! This Venus is also ruler of the Exaltation With the Lots, so the nativity has some protection and helping hand from the Fortuna in the bad occasions in his life brought by the malefic rulers in bad positions.

From what I'm seeing here, I would say that this man is not as powerful as president or some influentel political figure like the oens we examine above, but it has some level of eminence because of the Angular Light, angular Spirit and Fortune, and their ruler receiving aspectfrom benefic.

Now, at this point Valens doesn't seem to look at the zodiacal shape of the aspecting planets who testifies, like Jupiter in Gemini and Venus in Aries. They are surely in poor zodiacal shape, but this means that they will stop to do benefits? I don't think so, I think they will bestow their goods, but not in great measure as they would if they were in good zodiacal placement. After all, the nativity is not Michael Jackson, and I heard about him for the first time. So, he has "some good fortune" as Valens testifies, but this is not very, very powerful nativity in this regard.
To mention also that Venus is in her own term, so in her own chariot.

One thing which should be noted about Saturn is that he is ruler of the 11th place from Fortune and this is the palce of Acquisitions and Accomplishments. And his placement with the Basis is also good thing!
But still, he is out of sect and in poor zodiacal shape, so I will look at him like a tricky planet which can brings forth negative significations through its intrinsic nature to do harm, especially in the Livelihood (2nd). And the life of Herman was not a fairy tale, that's for sure.

So, all in all.
I would say that the person will be well known and famous, mainly because of the presence of the Moon in 1st in masculine sign (the testimonies of Ptolemy and Hephaistio [and note, in her own decan!]), he will gain some good fortune and rank because of the angularity of Fortune and Spirit with the Exaltation Lord - Venus in her own Chariot. This will happen most probably through the help of women! But this fortune and rank will be challenged and the person will be subject to vicissitudes because of the poorly situated rulers, especially when the malefic will rule the times.

------
Stellar Tiggy, Light in poor zodiacal shape, but first trigon ruler in excellent shape, will probably bring forth good significations in its own time. The whole context of the chart should be seen in order to make the prognostication. All depends of the context.
If you have particular example in mind, you may post it so we can discuss on it.

Regards,
Ile