steven wrote:I actually have a few I could relate but I'll take my own chart for one,

I have lord of the 9th, Saturn in its terms, in the 5th joined to the Moon, Almuten of the Ascendant there. I was a missionary for 20 years. That is an ambassador :)

Steven
Indeed it is Steven. Indeed it is. :'

Tell me Steven, when you say:
I have Virgo on the 5th and my chart is nocturnal, Mars is then the third triplicity ruler. Mars is in Capricorn the sign of the 9th house!
By the "sign of the 9th house" do you mean the 9th by counting?

And here, when you say:
Mars also just happens to be the Lord of Spirit and falls in an angle of Fortune which is in the sign of the 3rd, Cancer, and is concerned with "religious practice".
Again when you say, "which is in the sign of the 3rd", do you mean the 3rd by counting?

I ask this because I am wondering if we should use whole sign rather than quadrant division with this method. I have started to go over clients charts using houses by division and by counting; too early yet for results.

I was still scratching my head on this subject when I found the following:http://www.kozmic-kitchen.com/opus/lite ... n/ibn.html which gives one some food for thought.

Thank you all for your feedback

james

For example, p.38ff where I demonstrate how many 5th house themes "love, sex, fertility and pregnancy, gifts, parties and pleasure, play, recreation, drinking (self-indulgence) and gambling (or gaming), and diplomats and embassadors and agents, etc..." show a natural association with the Venusian theme.
And:
Venus and diplomacy is a natural.
But then Mercury and the Moon are also naturals with their participation in communication, contact, negotiation and connection through travel. Jupiter, the big guy of moderation (and with esoteric connections to tempering ? blending) might even be one to consider. I can see us making a strong case for any of those if we had inherited a system which had one of them rejoicing in the 5th.

I think the 5th was chosen for ambassadors and emissaries due to it being succeedent to the 4th, with the consideration of Venus' joy being perhaps a satisfying coincidental embellishment.

But then Mercury and the Moon are also naturals with their participation in communication, contact, negotiation and connection through travel.
True and Mercury is considered the natural significator for ambassadors.

Tom

In al-Qab??? who otherwise reports the system of al-Andarzaghar, messengers (in Arabic r?sul, who may also be called heralds in secular or apostles/prophets in religious sense) appear connected to 3rd and 9th houses as well, so it looks to be a little more complex than to speculate solely on the Venerean (or, as a matter of fact, Mercurial) character of legations. Moreover, the al-Andarzaghar view comes from a natal work, no matter how the topic of messengers might be applicable to nativities. It think these should be kept in mind if do not want to leave the track.

To Astroart:
Dimitar, thank you for the references. :) I myself omitted them in order not to overload the thread with off-topic issues.

After a so long time I came to this thread and I would like to add that I received an Horary consultation about a passport and if the Embassy would receive the querent. I used the 5th house as the embassy and I got the right answer.
But now I?m thinking that perhaps using the 9th, that is a house of the same triplicity as the 5th, the answer should be the same, but I did not check this out.

If there is still interest in this question I will bring ( perhaps in the right forum) the chart and my answer.

I always imagined that the 5th house had to do with ambassadors because they give room to beautifull parties with elegant decorations. :D
http://www.astrologiahumana.com

Clelia Romano wrote:If there is still interest in this question I will bring ( perhaps in the right forum) the chart and my answer.
. . . and what do you wait for, Clelia? Possibly in the Horary-Forum . . . ? :D

Johannes