First chart - MC in Aries, 10th Sign is Taurus, so the significators of profession are Mars and Venus. Seeing Mars exalted in 6th and Venus in Virgo, I was tempted to believe the native is a doctor, but both are cadent, so s/he is not prominent in her job, but more likely to be a nurse or a caretaker (succedant Moon is stronger than cadent Sun, Venus and Mars).

Second chart - MC in Libra, 10th Sign is Virgo, so we behold Venus and Mercury. I'm not sure how to take Venus... angular by being in first WSH or cadent by being in 12th division... Mercury is succedant by Sign and angular by division, so the person is certainly brainy, especially with Saturn conjoining Mercury... both being combust, while Mercury is retrograde. The native is smart, but looks stupid or clumsy to others.
Probably a comedian, with Sagittarius Rising, Rx Jupiter in opposition to aforementioned planets and in conjunction with the Moon. While crowd pleasing, s/he is sad in his/her own privacy.
Note that Jupiter rules the 10th Sign after Part of Fortune. Oh, Venus can be angular because is in 7th Sign after PoF, but the native is not strongly prominent in his/her profession, so I bet a local success (by country or state). If the native is not a comedian, then is an artist.

Third chart - MC in Taurus, 10th Sign is Gemini, so Venus and Mercury. This chart is really confusing, because Mercury signifies both the native and the profession, in Gemini is really polyvalent, any work involving communication, travels, education, politics and many other things can be done without difficulty, so we take a third significator of profession, Mars, which is in Cancer, in 11th and conjunct Jupiter.
Anyway, both Mercury and Venus are in their domiciles in 10th and 9th Houses...
Now it gets really interesting... 11th, 10th and 9th, with the involved planets bursting with essential dignities... The native is really lucky, isn't it? I was thinking of politics because of 9th House, where is the PoF... with the 10th PoF Sign in Aquarius, where is the Moon, which is succedant by division. The native is really prominent in his profession, but I can't be sure which one is, with the many possibilities he or she has...
Probably a politician, an actor, a writer... could be anyone, even a director. Saturn rules the radical 5th House, also the 9th and 10th PoF Signs... and sits in the 11th PoF Sign, of accomplishment. Venus could become angular just because of PoF, so this chart must belong to our actor, while the second chart could be related to acting or not.
Amor ordinem nescit.
Love does not know order.
- Saint Jerome -

margherita wrote:I hate to lose, but I will try.

The second because the Venus in the first house by WSH and ruler of Libra MC. The moon is applying to Venus.

margherita
I thought about that after looking at WSH . Any chart could be an actor I m afraid
Im surprised so many ignore the first chart.Not only Leo is very strong but the Sun is conjunct neptune

damon wrote:Not only Leo is very strong but the Sun is conjunct neptune
Surely acting is more a lunar activity than solar? To portray a character, an actor has to empathise with the character and so connect his/her own feelings and emotions with those of the character. The character then speaks through the actor and so gives the audience direct access to the truth of the character. This is all very lunar stuff.

Geoffrey

Geoffrey wrote:
damon wrote:Not only Leo is very strong but the Sun is conjunct neptune
Surely acting is more a lunar activity than solar? To portray a character, an actor has to empathise with the character and so connect his/her own feelings and emotions with those of the character. The character then speaks through the actor and so gives the audience direct access to the truth of the character. This is all very lunar stuff.

Geoffrey
And the Moon is what makes us happy :D

damon wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:
Not according to Psychological Astrologers who link Happiness more directly to Venus. Contentment is perceived by them as more Lunar.

Ben Dykes spins this Medieval style linking happiness to 'Prime motivation' which he pursues through the Ascendant.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/happiness.html

This actor may be, or have been, miserable. We might never know.

Nixx wrote:
damon wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:
Ben Dykes spins this Medieval style linking happiness to 'Prime motivation' which he pursues through the Ascendant.

Indeed, it is related in my opinion.
While many philosophers of the past spoke about the Universal Happiness of Mankind, and what is that which can make Man happy, Astrology offers us a specific methods for finding what Happiness is for every single individual. Where, everyone's individual happiness lies and how can be achieved, this is provided by the birth chart and astrological tools we have in our disposal. Whether that primary motivation will be realized and the goal [for happiness] achieved [more easily, with difficulties or no achievement at all], is a matter of question.
We can find many frustrated lives, with no fulfillment, and non realized potentials.

Nixx wrote:
damon wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:
Not according to Psychological Astrologers who link Happiness more directly to Venus. Contentment is perceived by them as more Lunar.

This actor may be, or have been, miserable. We might never know.
Geat link.Still digesting it though.
I have always wondered if ASC ruler conj Saturn is deemed an affliction,especially if Saturn is in sect and dignified .
Last edited by damon on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'd go with chart number one, and would discard number 2 entirely.

Number one has Mercury distancing himself from the Sun, both angular, receveing Venus by domicile in the 2nd house of income (WS).

Also, in the other charts, Venus is cadent. I do not like a cadent Venus for artistic purposes... although acting is more of a Mercurial thing (impersonating) than a venusian one.
Paulo Felipe Noronha

Margherita wrote:
I hate to lose, but I will try.

The second because the Venus in the first house by WSH and ruler of Libra MC. The moon is applying to Venus.

margherita
Glad to see you are coming round to WSH Margherita! I think your observation is important. By Placidus we have a Venus stuck in the 12th but quite prominent by WSH in the 1st.

In actors charts I always looks for connections between the Moon (popularity) and the benefics ( Venus and/or Jupiter)

I think the actor is chart 2.

Arguments for chart 2

1 Venus (MC) ruler (of Libra) in 1st WSH
2 Sect Light is Moon which is in its own domicile.
3 Moon just past full phase
4 Sect Light (Moon) in same domicile as ASC ruler -an exalted Jupiter in Cancer
5 Moon applying by Trine (across sign boundary) to Venus
6 Mercury is WSH Lord 10 in Capricorn conj domicile ruler Saturn. Probably delays success until later in life. Most likely a serious , hard working actor. I would speculate not known for 'fluffy' or romantic parts due to this Saturnian link.
7 North Node in the creative 5th WSH. Disposited by an in sect Mars.

Chart 1 -Not promising for public performance as the Moon is in WS aversion to Jupiter and Venus. Plus Saturn ( out of sect malefic) in the 11th. A lot of work in solitude I think. Note the NN in the 12th. SN in 6th Plus its dispositor is Saturn (malefic out of sect). Mars the other maefic in the 6th. Poor indicators for health. MC/IC axis in cardinal signs along 3rd/9th. Writing could be indicated. POF in Libra disposited by Venus (in sect) in Virgo reinforces this. Sect light is Moon in Leo. ASC also Leo. Dispositor is Sun in Scorpio. Being a night chart a much more subdued , intense focus than a typical solar Leo.

Chart 3-Moon in aversion to Jupiter. Moon in WS square to Venus. However, Sun is the sect light here. Dispositor Mercury in its domicile. Mercury also rules ASC. Mercurial themes highly developed here. So I would expect a lot of versatility and numerous changes of career. Unlikely this person would stick anything for that long due to innate restlessness. Again MC-IC falls in 3rd/9th as in chart 1 so writing is a possibility at some stage. However, Mars rules the 3rd here. As its the out of sect malefic its less likely to profit the native in writing pursuits here. More dynamic pursuits might be pursued. Mercury on Aldebaran. Adds a bit of dynamic oomph to this chart. This may give the native some success and prominence in their chosen pursuits. According to Ptolemy this star is of the nature of Mars so there may be a link to dangerous activities here. NN in the first disposited by Mercury adds to prospects for success and public recognition. Venus in Taurus is MC ruler and disposits Lot of Fortune which adds to the natives artistic/creative potential.

If I am wrong chart 3 is my second choice as I think there is potential for a public performer there.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Nixx-does psychological astrology have anything to tell us about what chart the actor is likely to be?

Johannes-any ideas now you have those precious Placidus cusps to play with?

Lihin-What does your visual approach to astrology tell you here?

The clock is ticking guys.....

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly